2012 Songkran Chiangmai - A Lot Of Fun ! Pics~

Caibiao

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks great pics!

I really like the ones of the little thai girl with the sunglasses so cute.

As some others have mentioned I couldn't help but notice how many falangs.

I mentioned it to my wife & she laughed because she had just read the same on a Thai site called pantip dot com

A Thai man posted ....OMG what happened so many falang in Chinag Mai for Songkron.

He said it looked like Disney Land :)

When will "life" return to normal (i.e. banks, schools) open?

April 16: Songkran ends; no more water fun

April 17: Banks and government offices open. Yours Truly goes back to work.

Schools are on their big summer break; don't know exactly when they open, could even be May.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

2012-04-13_16-24-54.preview.jpg

The craziest yet.....policemen attacking unhelmeted motorcyclist and passenger. He should be removed from the force.

I believe it was 200 baht or a wetting,what do you prefer? TIT -wonderful!

The BIB should be doing his job that the taxpayers pay him for....not at all wonderful...just plain idiotic....

• Like 1

I really don't know why so many people go out of their way to criticize everything in Thailand and have the temerity to call it home? Thai people seem to have the canny knack of enjoying themselves even in the face of huge adversity and yet a lot of farang just sit and grumble like 'old gits'. For those in this category, please just do everyone a favour and go back home to their 'perfect' countries.

Songkran has more meaning in Thai culture than a load of kids and farangs throwing water over each other.

I was commenting on the OP thinking that the 50 odd pics would really be of interest to the average TV reader.The pictures would be better suited to FACEBOOK.

Songkran for me is driving my wife and her mother and sister and the kids up into the mountains beyond Hod to their village, distributing gifts and renewing old friendships. The "huge adversity" that you refer to is in the eyes of the Farang only, to the village Thai it has always been thus, accepted as such, one day at a time.

Edited by davehowden

I got real close to Mr. Thaksin once during Songkran while he was still PM. He was in a truck going around the moat; the Mrs. shook hands with him.

I met his son at an FHM party in Bangkok back in the years when he still owned Man Shity. He gave me his business card, him being director of something or the other in the club, and told me it would give me the use of his lounge. Needless to say I never got the opera unity to use it :D

agree Songkran looks fun bur it is not the case everywhere. Come to Pattaya and see if it's fun when someone squirts water out of long blue plastic tubes with enough force to knock you over or off a motorbike.!

Pattay is definatley NOT the place to ride a motorbike during Songkran....

I really don't know why so many people go out of their way to criticize everything in Thailand and have the temerity to call it home? Thai people seem to have the canny knack of enjoying themselves even in the face of huge adversity and yet a lot of farang just sit and grumble like 'old gits'. For those in this category, please just do everyone a favour and go back home to their 'perfect' countries.

oh dear..oh dear..oh dear..the standard stock answer to people exercising their right to freedom of speech....GO BACK HOME....boring.....

perhaps Ajarnmartin should find a time machine and go back to Nazi Germany.....

Edited by KKK

hi Caibiao, are you maybe Thai? Always really nice to have more Thai on Thaivisa forum. If not, then welcome too! Great first posts from a new member. Hope you stay around. :)

welcomeani.gif

• Like 1

When will "life" return to normal (i.e. banks, schools) open?

April 16: Songkran ends; no more water fun

April 17: Banks and government offices open. Yours Truly goes back to work.

Schools are on their big summer break; don't know exactly when they open, could even be May.

Nipper goes back to school on the 16th of next month.

Great pics Caibiao but do us a favour and get some of the dancing girls on the stages if you are out in the same area today.

Once again, I am amazed at the amount of miserable gits commenting. Like my old mum used to say "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". Bless her.

Cheers,

Pikey.

2012-04-13_14-48-36.preview.jpg

This man should have his daughter/neice/whatever taken away from him and then charged with child endangerment......

rolleyes.gif By going slowly along a party area, where everyone is enjoying themselves?

The craziest yet.....policemen attacking unhelmeted motorcyclist and passenger. He should be removed from the force.

Jees.. How about getting back to your DVDs, or finding yourself a life in a culture that you do approve of? If you don't enjoy it then fine, but save others from the verbal vinegar, especially when it's a direct flame to the local guys in the pictures, enjoying and celebrating their own festival their own way. Or are you just looking to bait some people? Looking at the pic above again, a scene from Phuket, with a policeman with a hose blessing two motorcycle riders dressed up in festival gear, being stationary and inviting the splashing, I can only conclude that it's a deliberate baiting attempt.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 2

hi Caibiao, are you maybe Thai? Always really nice to have more Thai on Thaivisa forum. If not, then welcome too! Great first posts from a new member. Hope you stay around. smile.png

welcomeani.gif

Thanks!

(It is my first time to quote reply, I didn't how to quote. So I wrong click "like" and "unlike". And fortunately I click "like" at last.)

I am a Chinese, and have stayed in Chiangmai for about half year. I really like this nicest city!

Thanks for your welcome! I have got some useful information before from Thaivisa.com, so I like this website. I think thaivisa.com is the first forum website for foreigners in Thailand until now.

• Like 1

Thanks!

(It is my first time to quote reply, I didn't how to quote. So I wrong click "like" and "unlike". And fortunately I click "like" at last.)

I am a Chinese, and have stayed in Chiangmai for about half year. I really like this nicest city!

Thanks for your welcome! I have got some useful information before from Thaivisa.com, so I like this website. I think thaivisa.com is the first forum website for foreigners in Thailand until now.

Welcome Caibiao, and I enjoy your pictures a lot!! Thank you.

And if you're visiting from China then you're also excused for all the pics of Western women. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Thanks!

And if you're visiting from China then you're also excused for all the pics of Western women. wink.png

Yes--welcome, and I also liked your photos--must have got pretty wet to get so close to the action--respect, as they say!

• Like 1

Thanks!

And if you're visiting from China then you're also excused for all the pics of Western women. wink.png

Haha~~ Haha~ smile.png

Edited by Caibiao

2012-04-13_14-48-36.preview.jpg

This man should have his daughter/neice/whatever taken away from him and then charged with child endangerment......

rolleyes.gif By going slowly along a party area, where everyone is enjoying themselves?

Jees.. How about getting back to your DVDs, or finding yourself a life in a culture that you do approve of? If you don't enjoy it then fine, but save others from the verbal vinegar, especially when it's a direct flame to the local guys in the pictures, enjoying and celebrating their own festival their own way. Or are you just looking to bait some people? Looking at the pic above again, a scene from Phuket, with a policeman with a hose blessing two motorcycle riders dressed up in festival gear, being stationary and inviting the splashing, I can only conclude that it's a deliberate baiting attempt.

So you have no respect for the law? In both pictures people are clearly breaking the law. Or does the law not apply on festival days?

Thanks!

Yes--welcome, and I also liked your photos--must have got pretty wet to get so close to the action--respect, as they say!

Thank you~ ^_^