Positive Long Term Thai Girlfriend/Wife Experience'S?

ericg

So I've been living in Korat now for 4 months and will be staying permanently. I'm a 24 year old male from Canada. I often see on the boards almost daily negative experience's which is a little scary!

But I know a few people who have great relationships and would like to hear from you. How did you meet you Thai gf/wife, what makes her special to you? Any tips?

Hope to hear some positive experiences!

-Eric

• Like 1

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I know a few people who have great relationships and would like to hear from you. How did you meet you Thai gf/wife, what makes her special to you? Any tips?

Yep, if you've found someone special, or even not special but special to you - DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER MENTIONING HER HERE IN THIS BED OF VIPERS WE KNOW AS THAI VISA.

• Like 2

This same topic has been done to death. Not sure people enjoy repeating themselves time and again.

Ah new to the board, I guess I should of used the search funtion before making a new thread, I'll look into it.

-eric

Yep, if you've found someone special, or even not special but special to you - DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER MENTIONING HER HERE IN THIS BED OF VIPERS WE KNOW AS THAI VISA.

Yes seems like it could be dangerous grounds ph34r.png

This same topic has been done to death. Not sure people enjoy repeating themselves time and again.

Some are members new, including me, are new here. Let new members enjoy asking questions and sharing their experiences. If not Thaivisa would be a search and read only site rather than an interactive forum.

Edited by Koratpat

One should not ignoere the fact that differences in langauge and culture is a source of misunderstanding and can result in extra conflicts, which is way there is a higher percentage then normal of intercultural relationships breaking up. But lot of people have excellent relationships with their Thai spouse, much more people than having negative experiences.

You simply only hear the people who are complaining. Sometimes it are the same people over and over again.....

True! I think it is important to find someone that has a decent command of the the English language. Better yet is if you speak Thai fluently and she speaks English fluently as is the situation in my home.

• Like 1

Love to rain on people's parade. I am happily married to a Thai wife. Nether one of us can speak the other ones language more than a little bit but we both respect each other and do not try to change the other one to our beliefs.

We have learned to take the other ones point of view into account and value it.

Forgot to mention it was not easy in the early part of the relationship as many of the Thai ladies are looking for security and it took a long time for her to except the fact that I am the real deal. And she is not just a matter of convenience for me.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

Sometimes this sort of topic is better served by the OP opening up a bit more and sharing rather than just serving up an open-ended invitation to share with him. Give of yourself and others may be more willing to give back.

Those of us in successful relationships the last time this topic came up are probably the same people you want to respond this time around so you need to work a little harder at drawing us out. My short story is, nearly 15 years and nearly perfect. If you want more, you are going need to work for it.

• Like 1

In your home country, did you apply for help as to how to get on with your woman on a forum?

Bottom line is that if the cultural (or financial) differences are causing troubles already then it's best to do as you would at home...walk way..

No I did not, the main question was just to have feedback on positive experiences, not asking for help. I havn't ran into any problems myself at all and when I said any tips it was mostly geared to culture differences that one could learn from.

Love to rain on people's parade. I am happily married to a Thai wife. Nether one of us can speak the other ones language more than a little bit but we both respect each other and do not try to change the other one to our beliefs.

We have learned to take the other ones point of view into account and value it.

Forgot to mention it was not easy in the early part of the relationship as many of the Thai ladies are looking for security and it took a long time for her to except the fact that I am the real deal. And she is not just a matter of convenience for me.

Thanks for the post, sounds good!

Sometimes this sort of topic is better served by the OP opening up a bit more and sharing rather than just serving up an open-ended invitation to share with him. Give of yourself and others may be more willing to give back.

Those of us in successful relationships the last time this topic came up are probably the same people you want to respond this time around so you need to work a little harder at drawing us out. My short story is, nearly 15 years and nearly perfect. If you want more, you are going need to work for it.

Not sure what I could of added more into this post thats relevant to the topic.

I'm fairly new here so don't have that much experience yet.

The only things I can share are what I found so far. Thai women seem vary caring and lovelly. For myself in Korat I find them extremly shy and quite difficult to start a conversation with, although I am learning the language so its becoming easier.

Why?

It's not as if people are giving out names and addresses. I'm happy to discuss my situation here in general terms - where we met, age, what she and I do and how we live? Why on earth would that be affected by the Thai Visa bed of vipers? Have you been bitten before, GH?

We have been married for close to 10 years. No problems, no headaches no fights. We are best friends and soul mates. We do everything together and share the same interests - travel, reading, movies, cooking, salsa dancing, karate, philanthropy etc.

I did not pay a sinsot, not do I give her money in a monthly payment as some farangs report that they do. We both make money, put it into one account and spend it. We save about 50% of what we make and put that in an offshore account.

We only give money to family on birthdays and for the new year holiday.

The reason why Thai woman are demonized is because tragic, rip off stories make for better reading. They get posted. Those of us that have great marriages have no reason to post about it and would be seen as bragging if we did.

Sounds good! And your point about it seems like bragging if people posted(about their great thai wife/gf) makes sence, didn't think of it t'ill now.

One should not ignoere the fact that differences in langauge and culture is a source of misunderstanding and can result in extra conflicts, which is way there is a higher percentage then normal of intercultural relationships breaking up. But lot of people have excellent relationships with their Thai spouse, much more people than having negative experiences.

You simply only hear the people who are complaining. Sometimes it are the same people over and over again.....

Agreed. Partly why I started this thread, nice to see some positive too!

Eric, Just enjoy being with her mate. Think of today and tomorrow will come.

Sorry I should of indicated in my OP that I'm currently single. No misus eric yet but looking!

Welcome Eric,

There are loads of guys (and gals) that will gladly share their experiences with you, many positives to be had , along with cautionary tales.

If you go through the community section you will also see sections on marriage/divorce/children etc.http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/164-marriage-and-divorce/ which will give you some insight also.

Have fun!

Eric, Just enjoy being with her mate. Think of today and tomorrow will come.

Sorry I should of indicated in my OP that I'm currently single. No misus eric yet but looking!

Welcome Eric,

There are loads of guys (and gals) that will gladly share their experiences with you, many positives to be had , along with cautionary tales.

If you go through the community section you will also see sections on marriage/divorce/children etc.http://www.thaivisa....ge-and-divorce/ which will give you some insight also.

Have fun!

Sweet, thank you! biggrin.png

• Like 1