Trolling......

theblether

Mods forgive me if you see this topic going South.......

We have a confession from one of our ( previously? ) well regarded members that he trolled on the "My Bubble is Burst" topic, and we have other people here who are making it their lives work to be offensive and confrontational. You know who you are.

Any chance you can tell us what satisfaction you get out of trolling? and being abusive to people? trolling can be witty and funny at times but in the case of the topic mentioned it caused concern amongst many people, and to me their is a real sadness in the life of someone who get's a kick out of being abusive.......so let's hear the trolls side of the story?

Or are you too weak to tell us the truth??

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, it does reek with the sad sense of desperation at ones life and its outcomes.

It reminds me of the boy crying wolf and leads on to the fact , that if you wish it, it will come.

What comes around, goes around and these very sad people who try to articulate their lifes woes (lies) are surely damned.

Happy Songkran Everyone. Especially YOU........... the Blether.

• Like 1

Songkran takes the S out of strolling and thus there are those trapped in their homes who are left to attempt to stroll without the S.

Sowwwy, but we have too many issues to deal with. Have a safe Songkran, tongue.png

Edited by geriatrickid

Yes, it does reek with the sad sense of desperation at ones life and its outcomes.

It reminds me of the boy crying wolf and leads on to the fact , that if you wish it, it will come.

What comes around, goes around and these very sad people who try to articulate their lifes woes (lies) are surely damned.

Happy Songkran Everyone. Especially YOU........... the Blether.

Agreed Quietman!.

I get well pissed off seeing the trolls being answered in a sympathetic manner, with good constructive advice being given and obv. the Troll is sniggering under the guise of "a guest".

The confrontational & abusers

The troller in this case should issue an apology...especially as he is not one of the "new member" troll brigade.

He was clearly pissed and having a laugh but....he offended and upset his fellow members and so ....it would seem only right and proper.

I salute theblether for starting this thread in offering him the chance to clear his slate.

A New Year and a new slate....over to you....

People troll because they're bored, and it's fun to wind people up and watch the fireworks. This forum seems to attract a ridiculous number of them however. Think it's a combination of lots of bored expats, a large population of posters who are to bait, and that the Thailand is a bizarre place where lots of crazy things happen so stories are likely to be believed.

People also sometimes claim they're trolling when they really aren't. Possible that someone posted something true, and then the situation changed or they were embarrassed about it so they claim it was just a troll all along.

• Like 1

Sometimes the troll topics are the most fun. I don't know why people are so indignant about it. This forum is full of characters that love to paint embellished portraits of their lives. So be it, If you have half a brain (which I do) then you can spot 90% of the BS right away, and there are certain posters here that I am sure have never posted a true statement. It doesn't bother me. If you are looking for counseling please don't come here, but if you are entertained by humanity we have a real collection of oddities here.

The specialty forums are also full of great and helpful information and are mostly troll free.

• Like 2

. This forum is full of characters that love to paint embellished portraits of their lives.

I was sitting on my 155 meter Blohm and Voss yacht moored off Phuket this morning thinking the very same thing.

. This forum is full of characters that love to paint embellished portraits of their lives.

I was sitting on my 155 meter Blohm and Voss yacht moored off Phuket this morning thinking the very same thing.

If you have finished goofing around on my laptop, please get back to swabbing the deck.

Oh, and the aft head is clogged again, see to that will you...

If you have finished goofing around on my laptop, please get back to swabbing the deck.

Oh, and the aft head is clogged again, see to that will you...

Ar Captain! ' Tis a sturdy log you laid in the privy an' no mistake!

• Like 1

My good man, you are turning into a topic poster of some repute! You certainly know how to provoke responses, not all of the hat tipping variety I must say. Perhaps this is the effect of being confined to quarters during the water festival, personally I would wish they would use their engeries to wash their cars rather than inocent passers by who might get damaged by the over exuberance. Still keep up the good work!

I find some "trolls" very amusing (e.g. MediumPacedBowler and daftpunker)... I really enjoy reading some of their topics and posts... I am new to TV (and internet forums) but I think it would be boring without these guys / girls / ladyboys

^ Begs the question, are trolls deserving of equal rights?

Should trollophobes be tolerated on this forum?

Why not ? I spotted noc's troll a mile off, though must admit l did wonder huh.png , BUT, l do read a lot here and get a rough idea about a poster. For those who are new perhaps more difficult and now feel a bit aggrieved at giving advice to a troll thread.

Some troll threads are brilliant and the troll-er l think feels a prat if spotted early. cowboy.gif

Thank you very much for your kind words........I agree that there is such a thing as a good troll, and some troll topics can end up being festivals of witticisms, so I am not racist against trolls, I am racist against abusive trolls.

Nocturns mistake was that he had built up a well of goodwill then abused that goodwill, that's rude and obnoxious behaviour in anybody's language. As for MediumPacedBowler, the man is intelligent, but given to crass and ridiculous outbursts that would only have one ending for him if he tried it in real life. I reckon MPB could be a wealth of information here if he would just realize that their is no need for the abuse.

Necron is correct, the sub forums tend to be a bit less trollish and repositries of genuine information, the general forum, which I am most active in, is like the pub as pointed out. I agree that some days people can have off days and all is forgiven, but continually abusing members is out of order.

I think it's an idea to occasionally read the forums without signing in, so you can see what the guests are reading, that gives you an idea of what we are showing to the world and sometimes it's not pleasant.

I say let's keep the entertainment level high and the abuse low, let's enjoy good troll topics and let's have fun here.

Sanuck. drunk.gif

The bouncing tits should be welcomed back, let he who is without sin at 3 am etc...

I don't mind the old trolls. It bothers me when new people who don't even have a basic knowledge of Thailand start acting like mods and telling experienced posters when a thread should be closed.

Or the threats. I'm gonna close you down! What does that mean? Or the Flames. You are stupid and all the variants.

I don't mind the old trolls. It bothers me when new people who don't even have a basic knowledge of Thailand start acting like mods and telling experienced posters when a thread should be closed.

Or the threats. I'm gonna close you down! What does that mean? Or the Flames. You are stupid and all the variants.

I agree, we need to self moderate but we are not mods.

The bouncing tits should be welcomed back, let he who is without sin at 3 am etc...

I also agree, I like Nocturn and he has put his hand up to the fact that he was trolling, so he get's 10/10 for that.

The real trolls are those who cannot read an opening post and hold their decision, it is easy to refrain from posting but many can't resist the twitching trigger finger. What 'credit' do people hope to garner by posting 'troll post'.......ignore or take part the choice is easy......not to take part appears to prove the most difficult choice for many......

Abusive.....well I have delivered the occasional starchy remark, or poorly disguised derogatory comment, usually on a couple of the forums where I feel it is accepted as part of the rough and tumble of the debate.........no more, I would reflect, than I would offer up in a face to face debate

I have on occasion had the comment that I once declared I post for fun ohmy.png , I do not take the forum seriously, rolleyes.gif perhaps a little flippant. laugh.png ..I find where I am qualified to offer up something of use in the subforums I am pleased to oblige. in my opinion the general/Pub/ and the circular debates in the news/political forum are game playing exercises.........as if one could take 95% of the venting posters in these threads seriously....smile.png

I come to the forum to enjoy all aspects......otherwise why bother at all.......let the trolls troll, let those who do not like trolls learn to ignore these type of threads......and those who want to post a few lines go ahead and do so

• Like 2

btw if someone don't know where the trolls come from:

from Trollhättan of course

I think you would find that many are infiltrators from that hardwood forum. That place has more trolls than regular posters and they get bored with pissing each other off, so they come over here to hone their skills.