Technical Translation, English To Thai, Reasonable Rates?

Crossy

As per the topic title, I have a short (3 page) document that I need translating from English to Thai.

One of the chaps in the office will do this for me as a 'homer' so I'll be paying him some beer money.

Since this document is somewhat technical in nature I was wondering what a reasonable beer rate would be.

Well, I got my translation done for a few beers smile.png

However, I note from a reverse-translation via Google Translate that a number of important sentences are missing from the Thai. I assume this is because they could be considered as face-breaking for the subject of the diatribe (our now fired sparks).

Such is life, I have now washed my hands of the whole sordid business, if the electrics doesn't work, who cares?

Well, I got my translation done for a few beers smile.png

However, I note from a reverse-translation via Google Translate that a number of important sentences are missing from the Thai. I assume this is because they could be considered as face-breaking for the subject of the diatribe (our now fired sparks).

Such is life, I have now washed my hands of the whole sordid business, if the electrics doesn't work, who cares?

If it is very important be careful. There are some simple technical texts in English which wouldn't be a problem. But if someone max. out the English where every word is important and the grammar tells which screw to tighten first than there aren't many Thais who understand the real meaning and not many Thais can use Thai language exactly.

My wife tells Thai is a very exact language, just no one uses it proper.....

Is it the start up guide for the first nuclear power plant in Thailand?

One of the passages that was carefully omitted is "Cutting the wire too short is not considered a suitable reason for inserting a joint", included because a lot of joints were inserted to extend wires that were obviously too short, and "No joints whatever may be made inside trunking or conduit runs, joints are only permitted inside joint boxes", included for the same reason.