Soi 5 Immigration

Paul1Kanya

Just got home from a Soi 5, 90 day renewal. I got there early for the obvious reason and was in and out in under 5 minutes. The SSgt Major was brilliant and even asked us to help him out by filling in part of the 'official' section to reduce time at the desk.

Well done gents.

Paul1 and her

Question: What is a 90-day renewal?

I believe people on retirement visa's have to go in and verify their address every 90 days in order to stay in the country.

All people who are on a extension of stay (1 Year) (Retirement, Marriage and other visas) have to do that.

Edited by MJCM

Notification of staying over 90 days - present a TM 47, can also be done by mail...

offtopic2.gif

cheesy.gif my friend is still waiting for cards he send (In February) to his new House in Soi SIam CC from BIG C Extra.

Edited by MJCM

I believe people on retirement visa's have to go in and verify their address every 90 days in order to stay in the country.

All people who are on a extension of stay (1 Year) (Retirement, Marriage and other visas) have to do that.

It's not a 90-day renewal. It's reporting a stay of over 90 days.

It's not a 90-day renewal. It's reporting a stay of over 90 days.

Yeah, but we all know what the OP meant.... apart from FarangBuddha who has been around these traps long enough so should have been able to suss it out nah?

90-day reporting same-same 90-day address verification same-same 90-day renewal.... IMHO.

90-day reporting same-same 90-day address verification same-same 90-day renewal.... IMHO.

The receipt of notification slip they staple into your passport is rubber stamped with these words: "THIS IS NOT AN EXTENSION OF STAY" along with your date for your next reporting.

This would indicate that people have been getting confused about this.

I did a 90 day report a few weeks ago, and I'd filled in my details on the 'For Official Use Only' slip as he had told me to do so during my previous 90 day report. He didn't even look at the other paperwork I had attached, just stapled it all together, signed the slip, stamped it and stapled it in my passport. Two minutes at most.

If only getting a re-entry permit was as quick and easy... I was told there was a queue of 150 people waiting for them, and to come back in a month.

I heard an immigration 'mini-office' is planned for the Soy Boy Cow area. Anyone heard anything about this rumour?

Are you mistaken in posting this in the Pattaya Forum ?? Soi Cowboy is in Bangkok.

I heard an immigration 'mini-office' is planned for the Soy Boy Cow area. Anyone heard anything about this rumour?

Are you mistaken in posting this in the Pattaya Forum ?? Soi Cowboy is in Bangkok.

I'm guessing he means Soi Bua Khaow

If that is true I'm terribly Sorry :wai:

(But you have to admit, that is a very awkward spelling for that Soi, and I thought already what a strange location for a Immigration Office in a street full of GoGo's cheesy.gif )

Someone please ask that SgtMaj at Jomtien Immigration to invite Chiang Mai Immigration officials to the Jomtien office to learn a few lessons.

Chiang Mai used to be lightening fast up until a year ago... a huge influx of registering Burmese immigrants and way too many expats of late has put sway to that!