Foreigner And 2 Thais, Randomly Shot By Pattaya Teenager

Rimmer

It was pretty intense here during the Asean meeting in Pattaya where the world leaders had to be evacuated by copter. Not to mention Abhisit's car being attacked. That was all on the REDS.

Yep, BUT

1. It lasted for 1 day or so

2. Did not paralyze the city

WRONG

3/4 Days and those of us living in South Pattaya or Jomtien had our movements quite severely restricted. I agree Pattaya isn't a bad place to live and it is my choice but please get your facts straight or you just give Pattaya bashers more ammunition.

Many people who live in Pattaya tell their families and friend that they live in Thailand.

Like a British couple who made their holiday there for 20 years, but they never saw other places in LOS....

What's so nice there? The dirty beaches, druggies, cheap girls/guys, Go go bars, expensive food, the possibility to jump out of 10th floor without wings,crowded streets, unreal people, low flying and dangerous Ping Pong balls, smelly used by bar girls bananas, too many foreigners, paying too much for anything, etc....

Could go on for hours.

Who would build a house, or buy a condo there, after just knowing some facts???

It's a bad place to live, when knowing other places.

Come to Nong Mek in Sisaket, a big beer also on holidays for 35 baht.

But my dog likes to eat bones, I don't....tongue.png

Yes thats why so many developments and up market developments and prices rising, BECAUSE no one want to buy here

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was pretty intense here during the Asean meeting in Pattaya where the world leaders had to be evacuated by copter. Not to mention Abhisit's car being attacked. That was all on the REDS.

Yep, BUT

1. It lasted for 1 day or so

2. Did not paralyze the city

Totally wrong on that.

Suk was brought to a standstill, as was a lot of Pattaya as the reds ran the streets and set up camp in north Pattaya. The army blocked certain roads too.

Some parts of Pattaya were OK, sure, but generally, the city was greatly effected during those couple of days, especially the big day. Many shops closed down.

However, 1 day or 10 days, it's all the same. The reds came to Pattaya and effected the city. Don't think it couldn't happen again.

army blocked certain streets? which ones?

Hope they are all ok and the man is caught.

I heard possibly wrong but I am sure someone on Thai visa will know, that for a Thai national to own a gun they must have a minimum of 1 million THB in the bank. If this is the case how do so many young Thai's have them. In addition what is the penalty for having a gun without proper paperwork.

Ever hear of the "black market"? It is easy to buy a gun anywhere in the world. The penalty is prison. I know because my stepson just finished a two year stint for that very offense.

April 2009

The red shirts fought the blue shirts on the street and had a stand off with the Thai ARMY who was armed and ready to shoot them. Then they went after the PM, caused the summit to end early, and trashed the convention center.

Not sure how you missed that one.

Could you also please tell the date natural disaster struck Pattaya?

I said a natural disaster could happen at anytime, anywhere. The location is irrelevant.

However, there is a fault line that runs right down the middle of the Gulf Of Thailand. The "experts" say the threat of a tsunami from a quake from that area is very low, but I wouldn't have a lot of faith in Thai experts. Some of them also said Bangkok wouldn't flood.

In addition to the fault line, here is a seismic hazard image of Thailand. Chonburi is in Zone 1.

SeimicHazard.jpg

Also please do tell me incidents when Russian Mafia (by the way another fiction story) interfered with anyone's life? perhaps a link to some story would be great

Google: "US embassy cables: Russian mafia active in Thailand"

Jet ski scams, human trafficking, money laundering, to name a few. Since we can't name and shame, just know all those Russian dancers and street walkers are not here on their own free will.

We are not allowed to link to other news stories here, but if you spend 2 minutes on google, you'll find what you're looking for.

However, this was posted on Thai Visa so I can link to that: http://www.thaivisa....red-in-pattaya/

There are lots of examples. Google is your friend, use it.

Do give some links to "motorcycle mafia" charging some triple rates or extorting anyone.

You new here or what?

Jet skis. "Metered Taxis" who won't turn on meters. Normal taxis. Motorbike taxis. All mafia controlled. Everyone knows this. Pattaya is a "boss" city. It starts with the Mayor's dad and trickles down. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Ever try to catch a Bangkok taxi leaving Pattaya and notice they are sly or very fast picking you up? It's because they will get the shit beat out of them if they are caught picking up anyone in Pattaya without paying their "fee" to the taxi mafia.

I am sorry but i can not help but LOL at your post.

1. We have already discussed the red shirts, so no need to go into that

2. Natural disaster can strike anywhere but it has not struck Pattaya

3. The so called Russian Mafia killed a developer, I guess they now run the town?!

4. I have asked to see some evidence of mafia charging 3-5 times the going rate or fixing the rates, i did not ask for what they do with each other or to each other.

Again, Pattaya is a very well controlled city it certainly does not even compare to Phuket or other tourist destinations.

• Like 1

I heard possibly wrong but I am sure someone on Thai visa will know, that for a Thai national to own a gun they must have a minimum of 1 million THB in the bank. If this is the case how do so many young Thai's have them. In addition what is the penalty for having a gun without proper paperwork.

Anyone can buy a gun illegally. Same as buying drugs. Most criminals never get caught.

Some months ago I was offered one of those for just 3000 baht... Crazy

Nope, you've got the wrong information.All you need in Thailand is to be of good reputation (or not) and pay the licence fee, oh yeah, you've got to be over 18, preferably with 50K in the bank.

You need a non im visa and 800,000 in the bank and a driving license for a gun. Then you can go to the crocodile farm for the same price as Thais if you carry the gun on a sunday.

What on earth is a 66 year old man doing in a bar in that area with his wife!

What on earth are guys like you doing in such a forum? wai.gif

Interestingly enough, I often see farang couples in the "girlie bars" on Loi Kroh here in Chiang Mai. Usually younger couples, but sometimes couples that look like they are retirement age. Just a guess, but they might like hanging out in bars, pubs, and taverns in there own countries and might feel right at home. I don't think it's that unusual. It's not where I'd take my wife, but we didn't hang out in bars in our home country either.

I was in Thailand in 1980, and came back here several years ago to retire. So i see the difference and changes.

Many postings share the same thread, "Why can't Thailand be more like us...the West?"

Well, now i see gun / gang violence, lack of respect for people, property and authority, drugs / alcohol abuse, and a recklessness that was not here before.

Be careful what you wish for, because news like this is something of a mirror...news that is normal in America, for example. As the new generation embraces "all things Western" this insanity is part of the package.

Yes, be careful what you wish for.

You took the words right out of my mouth.....I couldn't have said what we agree on here any better. No need to point fingers, our greed cultures are perpetuating this shit all over the undeveloped world......next?

pattaya has become a nightmare over the last 2 years,. gun weilding youths with no respect..and normally a low IQ

so many young people from the villages have moved to pattaya and bangkok...looking for a better future_instead they end up either dead or in prison.....normally through drugs "yabba" is a huge problem in thailand.....being bought in from cambodia..... thailand is supposed to be the land of smiles....guns should be illegal an all countries-and big prison sentances is the only way to deal with these heanus crimes which destroy the lifes of innocent people.

What on earth are guys like you doing in such a forum? wai.gif

Interestingly enough, I often see farang couples in the "girlie bars" on Loi Kroh here in Chiang Mai. Usually younger couples, but sometimes couples that look like they are retirement age. Just a guess, but they might like hanging out in bars, pubs, and taverns in there own countries and might feel right at home. I don't think it's that unusual. It's not where I'd take my wife, but we didn't hang out in bars in our home country either.

@ Johnniey.......a bit of a stretch in judgment, don't ya think? 66 years old....so what? He is who he is....I assume we agree that it's not where you nor I would be at that age in our lives, but it sounds as if you are expressing a bit of "som nom nah" here on him. Are you? No hate towards ya, just a bit confused by your post.

I was in Thailand in 1980, and came back here several years ago to retire. So i see the difference and changes.

Many postings share the same thread, "Why can't Thailand be more like us...the West?"

Well, now i see gun / gang violence, lack of respect for people, property and authority, drugs / alcohol abuse, and a recklessness that was not here before.

Be careful what you wish for, because news like this is something of a mirror...news that is normal in America, for example. As the new generation embraces "all things Western" this insanity is part of the package.

You took the words right out of my mouth.....I couldn't have said what we agree on here any better. No need to point fingers, our greed cultures are perpetuating this shit all over the undeveloped world......next?

Maybe you are both getting something in the wrong way?

I am kind of sure that when somebody here, made these references, it would refer to the good aspects of the western's life, surely not all the injustices that's going on there, on the same way as anyone else wanting the west to be more as Thailand, i am sure they don't mean they would enjoy to have more people giving you the "stare in the universe" kind of answers there and so on.....wink.png

Drinking beer, maybe? And, what is your point? Is it that he deserves to get shot for being in a bar with his wife? In a bar that, maybe you and I wouldn't visit because we are more experienced, but how can we know that? Do you know him, or the story of what went down? Or, are you simply passing judgement? Not a fair post, dude. So, rather you don't post at all next time. Useless info for the thread. Yeah, I've done the same.......but, I've learned to keep my ignorance to myself. Take heed.

Maybe you are both getting something in the wrong way?

I am kind of sure that when somebody here, made these references, it would refer to the good aspects of the western's life, surely not all the injustices that's going on there, on the same way as anyone else wanting the west to be more as Thailand, i am sure they don't mean they would enjoy to have more people giving you the "stare in the universe" kind of answers there and so on.....wink.png

Huh? Not sure what you meant by the "stare into the universe"? I was simply expressing my agreement that when you want to model your culture as western, (plastic nose bridges, white skin, pop boy/girl bands....etc) you need to accept the good and the bad (guns, greed, ego) that goes along with it. I know it sounds a bit simplistic....but, it's a fact. For example, take a look at the Songkran holiday. It used to be a simple affair with temple visits, family respect and prayers, simple water blessings, etc.....and now it's so commercialized in the traditional fashion of most western holidays....(I am speaking as an American), Thais begin to lose sight of the meaning while losing their Buddhist traditions to pursue an illusion of what the whole holiday is/was about! I dunno......I simply wanted to let you know my thoughts, no harm, no hate towards ya....I guess I am just trying to understand how the loss of humanity is growing everywhere as I travel around the world. Thanks for the provocation. ;-)

• Like 1

Huh? Not sure what you meant by the "stare into the universe"?

It's something that you have to experience it first hand to have a better grasp of this phenomenom, if you plan to stay in Thailand for any amount of time, i am sure you will have no problem to come across it, usually happens when you start asking questions, but not only that, just see it as a subliminal message being passed to you that usually gets you nowhere near where you originally wanted to be...

I was simply expressing my agreement that when you want to model your culture as western, (plastic nose bridges, white skin, pop boy/girl bands....etc) you need to accept the good and the bad (guns, greed, ego) that goes along with it.

That's the same argument being pulled forward by part of the expats here in Thailand, which basically can be resumed as, if you are here, you have to go with the flow accepting and eventually perpetrating the same crimes commited by a good part of the locals.

I am sorry but i would never go so low, i still have a dignity and i will not bargain that for some assumed privileges.

Take the goods and leave (or better, fight!) what is bad in every society, you can't possibly go wrong with that.

I know it sounds a bit simplistic....but, it's a fact. For example, take a look at the Songkran holiday. It used to be a simple affair with temple visits, family respect and prayers, simple water blessings, etc.....and now it's so commercialized in the traditional fashion of most western holidays....(I am speaking as an American), Thais begin to lose sight of the meaning while losing their Buddhist traditions to pursue an illusion of what the whole holiday is/was about! I dunno......I simply wanted to let you know my thoughts, no harm, no hate towards ya....I guess I am just trying to understand how the loss of humanity is growing everywhere as I travel around the world. Thanks for the provocation. ;-)

I have the same feeling about the Songkran, i hate the way it is now, that's why i don't partecipate to it, but there is no way i am going to condemn the west for this, nobody is forcing thais to act the way they are acting now, that's just violence and violence is everywhere, in some places more than others

• Like 1

This shooting on Soi 8 does not surprise me at all! I can't say I wanted to do the same myself because of how the some of the idiot farangs do songran there. You know the kind I am talking about, the ones with the high pressure guns always aiming for the eyes and the ears. They go way over the top and look what has finally happened.

This shooting on Soi 8 does not surprise me at all! I can't say I wanted to do the same myself because of how the some of the idiot farangs do songran there. You know the kind I am talking about, the ones with the high pressure guns always aiming for the eyes and the ears. They go way over the top and look what has finally happened.

What would happen if 10,000 Thais went to a western city,got on the piss and harassed the locals for days on end?There would be plenty of blues where i come from.I think Thais are very tolerant with the guests in their country,generally speaking.
  • Like 1

Pattaya experts, every one of you, i salute you!!jerk.gif

" I was there for three days"

" spent one night and left the next morning"

"Just saying, it's rather strange a married man going to a brothel with his wife."

" I've been to bars in soi 8 and there definitely was NOT a big difference. More like brothels that sell alcohol. The brothels even had the wares showing on outside on the street! "

"If the trend continues, and by the looks of things and lack of police control it will, eventually Pattaya will become a very dangerous place to live / visit in the future, much like parts of Mexico."

"It's a bad place to live, when knowing other places."

"You need a non im visa and 800,000 in the bank and a driving license for a gun. Then you can go to the crocodile farm for the same price as Thais if you carry the gun on a sunday. "

"pattaya has become a nightmare over the last 2 years,. gun weilding youths with no respect..and normally a low IQ

so many young people from the villages have moved to pattaya and bangkok...looking for a better future_instead they end up either dead or in prison.....normally through drugs "yabba" is a huge problem in thailand.....being bought in from cambodia..... thailand is supposed to be the land of smiles....guns should be illegal an all countries-and big prison sentances is the only way to deal with these heanus crimes which destroy the lifes of innocent people. "

In the rest of the civilized world, where justice is practiced, more of less, this punk would receive a sentence of 20-40 years for attempted murder, reckless endangerment, etc. What will he get here? I suppose it depends on who his parents are, and how much cash they have. Now, is that a shame or what? He should be taken out in the town plaza, strung up, and the town should be allowed to have some fun with this twerp.

Regarding owning a gun in Thailand. A friend of mine who is in the military has recently purchased a Smith + Wesson 9 MM automatic.I know he has not got a million baht in the bank. Also I believe that people who are employed by the government (my wife) bring brochures home advertising firearms. My wife said she is allowed to purchase one if she wants.

.... She later discovered that her husband had been shot.

She had to discover it??? What about the victim himself? I am quite sure that if I got shot I would know it right away and let other people know it ...