Foreigner And 2 Thais, Randomly Shot By Pattaya Teenager

Rimmer

Unfortunate for these three people to get shot by a madman, as he hasn't been found yet the full story won't be known.

I don't see what's wrong with having a beer in a bar with your wife, down soi 8 or another soi (well I guess my wife wouldn't want me down soi 6 with or without her by my side).

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the rest of the civilized world, where justice is practiced, more of less, this punk would receive a sentence of 20-40 years for attempted murder, reckless endangerment, etc. What will he get here? I suppose it depends on who his parents are, and how much cash they have. Now, is that a shame or what? He should be taken out in the town plaza, strung up, and the town should be allowed to have some fun with this twerp.

That's a good point. I have been thinking about many of these shootings, hangings, beatings, and you hear about the initial event but almost never hear of any follow up reporting. How many go to jail. How much time did they get. How many buy their way out.

Edited by Markaew

Unfortunate for these three people to get shot by a madman, as he hasn't been found yet the full story won't be known.

I don't see what's wrong with having a beer in a bar with your wife, down soi 8 or another soi (well I guess my wife wouldn't want me down soi 6 with or without her by my side).

Agreed. I have been to soi 7 and 8 bars. I see no problem.

I've been to bars in soi 8 and there definitely was NOT a big difference. More like brothels that sell alcohol. The brothels even had the wares showing on outside on the street!

So 66 years-old, married and on Soi 8 with the wife is a questionable activity? I guess then that you must be a younger, single guy.... so why were you down Soi 8 then?

Never mind.... just read that you are now up in Chiangmai with your better half.

Don't let me put words in your mouth now.

I've been to bars in soi 8 and there definitely was NOT a big difference. More like brothels that sell alcohol. The brothels even had the wares showing on outside on the street!

So 66 years-old, married and on Soi 8 with the wife is a questionable activity? I guess then that you must be a younger, single guy.... so why were you down Soi 8 then?

Never mind.... just read that you are now up in Chiangmai with your better half.

Don't let me put words in your mouth now.

I have no proof of this but just maybe the farangs wife is the owner of said bar and that was why he was sat at the bar and she discovered his injuries later, ie.she was in the back of the bar working and dived for cover when the shooting started, just a thought.

What on earth is a 66 year old man doing in a bar in that area with his wife!

What on earth are guys like you doing in such a forum? wai.gif

Interestingly enough, I often see farang couples in the "girlie bars" on Loi Kroh here in Chiang Mai. Usually younger couples, but sometimes couples that look like they are retirement age. Just a guess, but they might like hanging out in bars, pubs, and taverns in there own countries and might feel right at home. I don't think it's that unusual. It's not where I'd take my wife, but we didn't hang out in bars in our home country either.

It's none of your/my business why they were there. They weren't breaking any laws and have the right to sit anywhere they choose to.

Edited by KKK
  • Like 1

Pattaya experts, every one of you, i salute you!!jerk.gif

" I was there for three days"

" spent one night and left the next morning"

"Just saying, it's rather strange a married man going to a brothel with his wife."

" I've been to bars in soi 8 and there definitely was NOT a big difference. More like brothels that sell alcohol. The brothels even had the wares showing on outside on the street! "

"If the trend continues, and by the looks of things and lack of police control it will, eventually Pattaya will become a very dangerous place to live / visit in the future, much like parts of Mexico."

"It's a bad place to live, when knowing other places."

"You need a non im visa and 800,000 in the bank and a driving license for a gun. Then you can go to the crocodile farm for the same price as Thais if you carry the gun on a sunday. "

"pattaya has become a nightmare over the last 2 years,. gun weilding youths with no respect..and normally a low IQ

so many young people from the villages have moved to pattaya and bangkok...looking for a better future_instead they end up either dead or in prison.....normally through drugs "yabba" is a huge problem in thailand.....being bought in from cambodia..... thailand is supposed to be the land of smiles....guns should be illegal an all countries-and big prison sentances is the only way to deal with these heanus crimes which destroy the lifes of innocent people. "

I don't profess to be a Pattaya expert even though I've lived here close to half my 60 years. What I have detirmined is that most 'Pattaya haters/bashers' are doing so out of jealousness. They'd like to live here and experience the relatively 'free to do what you like', 'everything is available' lifestyle but for some reason or another can't. I honestly couldn't count the number of previously 'haters/bashers' who now live here even if I used all the fingers and toes of me and my neighbours. They should keep their opinions to themselves as I do about Los Angeles, London, Bangkok etc. all of which I've lived in but never wanted to stay. Like any place in the world Pattaya is what you make of it and I make it just fine thank you. As to the rest of you, well you can just jolly well <deleted> o*f and leave my town to those that appreciate it, faults and all. Your critisisms are not wanted until you live here.

I was in Thailand in 1980, and came back here several years ago to retire. So i see the difference and changes.

Many postings share the same thread, "Why can't Thailand be more like us...the West?"

Well, now i see gun / gang violence, lack of respect for people, property and authority, drugs / alcohol abuse, and a recklessness that was not here before.

Be careful what you wish for, because news like this is something of a mirror...news that is normal in America, for example. As the new generation embraces "all things Western" this insanity is part of the package.

Yes, be careful what you wish for.

Umm, i think you might find they were referring to western development.... Not gun crime. Think you misunderstood. Either that or your just trying to be smart...coffee1.gif

In the rest of the civilized world, where justice is practiced, more of less, this punk would receive a sentence of 20-40 years for attempted murder, reckless endangerment, etc. What will he get here? I suppose it depends on who his parents are, and how much cash they have. Now, is that a shame or what? He should be taken out in the town plaza, strung up, and the town should be allowed to have some fun with this twerp.

That's a good point. I have been thinking about many of these shootings, hangings, beatings, and you hear about the initial event but almost never hear of any follow up reporting. How many go to jail. How much time did they get. How many buy their way out.

you don't wanna know.....