Pattaya Residents Songkran Poll

rinteln

Pattaya Residents Songkran Poll  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^ Who made the Pattaya Residents Songkran Poll ??? giggle.gif

Cheap but nice try.

I think it seems fairly obvious from this and other threads that I have no interest in trying to abolish or change Songkran in Pattaya. More the opposite. I think I have had many a battle on this forum in the last week with moaning Expats who think they have the right to demand or expect change to Songkran in Pattaya.

You will notice in my first post when I opened the topic I did put (if Expats could decide). Again seems obvious to me.

The purpose of this poll is to simply get in opinions on how long the moaner Expats on this forum would like it for if they could change it. Very important to see the distinction between collecting opinions and people trying to change, or expecting change when they shouldnt be.

The motive of this poll I assumed, to the regulars, would be quite obvious....maybe my expectations were too high, sorry I didn't make it simpler.

Edited by rinteln

^ as with everything in this world there always will be a Agree and Disagree side to things. (Yin & Yang) That's just the way it is.

How I hate (no hate is not the right word, don't like Songkran is better (reasons explained in a previous post) is just my opinion, but my wife loves it, am I the person, because I have an aversion, to tell her she can't enjoy herself. This is not how things work. Giving and Taking.

Songkran Lovers - Play

Songkran Dislikers - There are fortunately many options for them how to avoid it.

I agree with you 100%, 3 days is fine and even though I got shot down with my previous comments . For once a year Songkran is fun and it's especially great to see the Thais enjoying themselves.

And judging by all the knockers you are right to have a NO Songkran choice. But now it seems some of those detractors of last week are softening their stance.

• Like 1

I agree with you 100%, 3 days is fine and even though I got shot down with my previous comments . For once a year Songkran is fun and it's especially great to see the Thais enjoying themselves.

And judging by all the knockers you are right to have a NO Songkran choice. But now it seems some of those detractors of last week are softening their stance.

Hit the nail on the head. That is the purpose of this poll/thread. After the last 7/8 days of non stop moaning regarding Songkran I thought I would put things to the test and see how long these Expats would have Songkran in Pattaya if they had a choice. So far it seems even if Expats had their way then Songkran would still be 3 days.

In a way making it a public poll may not of been a good idea as it may stop the potential "No Songkran" people voting for that because everyone can see their vote.

Edited by rinteln

But now it seems some of those detractors of last week are softening their stance.

No. That is a merely self-serving, wishful contention based on a willful misunderstanding.

When our PTY residents want to ban Songkran, it is only as a preferable alternative to its excessive length in PTY.

"HATE SONGKRAN" is shorthand for "hate that it goes on for 9 days." That's the stance. Has been, is now, always will be. And the reason is utterly obvious. Countless examples of grief have been given.

So far it seems even if Expats had their way then Songkran would still be 3 days.

In a way making it a public poll may not of been a good idea . . . .

Duh. Throughout countless posts, most members have affirmed they'd be fine if it were 3 days. Anyway, so what?

Hence this "poll" is merely a way of sly trolling and looking for nits to pick.

I believe some of your posts have been removed for bickering? Seems you just want to enjoy more of it.

• Like 1

But now it seems some of those detractors of last week are softening their stance.

No. That is a merely self-serving, wishful contention based on a willful misunderstanding.

When our PTY residents want to ban Songkran, it is only as a preferable alternative to its excessive length in PTY.

"HATE SONGKRAN" is shorthand for "hate that it goes on for 9 days." That's the stance. Has been, is now, always will be. And the reason is utterly obvious. Countless examples of grief have been given.

So far it seems even if Expats had their way then Songkran would still be 3 days.

In a way making it a public poll may not of been a good idea . . . .

Duh. Throughout countless posts, most members have affirmed they'd be fine if it were 3 days. Anyway, so what?

Hence this "poll" is merely a way of sly trolling and looking for nits to pick.

I believe some of your posts have been removed for bickering? Seems you just want to enjoy more of it.

Well lots of people's comments have been removed for bickering. Some on your side of the argument and some on mine, that's always the case on this forum.

If this poll was regarded as trolling then it would of been removed by now by the Mods.

I think in general we are probably done on this thread. I have asked one of the mods to close it as I get this feeling this thread may only encourage old battles to be reopened just for the sake of it.

The poll speaks for itself. 47 votes is enough to get a general idea and answer my query.

Certainly has been an interesting last 7 days of debate on this subject. Same again next year.....lol

Edited by rinteln

Songkran is over and 48 members have cast there votes and the results are in, there is nothing more to be gained by keeping the poll open and a lot to be lost by risking further acrimonious exchanges.

So all in all I agree it is best to close up the topic, and nothing now remains but to thank the OP for putting up a most interesting Poll.

//CLOSED//