Selling Thai Brides

Rigger

I know this happens a fair bit but I still cant help but think they have stooped to new levels and it will cause problems in the village in the future

One guy married a girl from our village not long ago and just returned with 5 friends to find wives. No big deal

But the 1st guys wife went around the village asking who wants a farang husband and the girls and there families paid money to the wife for being pair off with one of these old guys

Now the problem I have is that these where not bar girls but normal village girls with Thai boy friends and probably being pressured by family to marry to get the dollars.

I cant help but feel that the young Thai guys are gone to start to cause trouble as there little darlings are sold of to guys two or three time there age one of the girls is 17 years old

To me it all seams a bit sick :o

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is, but unfortunately it seems to be well ingrained in some areas. Take heart at the fact that these girls, if their parents are using them as property to be traded, are most likely getting a far better life married off to some old guy than they would if "sold" locally. :o

cv

I know this happens a fair bit but I still cant help but think they have stooped to new levels and it will cause problems in the village in the future

One guy married a girl from our village not long ago and just returned with 5 friends to find wives. No big deal

But the 1st guys wife went around the village asking who wants a farang husband and the girls and there families paid money to the wife for being pair off with one of these old guys

Now the problem I have is that these where not bar girls but normal village girls with Thai boy friends and probably being pressured by family to marry to get the dollars. 

I cant help but feel that the young Thai guys are gone to start to cause trouble as there little darlings are sold of  to guys two or three time there age one of the girls is 17 years old

To me it all seams a bit sick  :o

:D What a crock O crap! So the TG brings back the old farangs and gets a cut of the pimping out money from the family.....We've all heard different versions of it in the past but this one really suck's! I hope for your sake these losers who can't find their own date don't move to your village......

We are constantly asked by local women in the village to find a suitable farang to make a husband. We have a pile of photos if anyone is on the lookout. It's the would-be brides that ask us, never their parents. They are not very young girls either.

I have to tell them that, sadly, it's very difficult to find farang man as handsome and eligible as me! :o

But good luck to the guys who travel to LOS to find a wife. It may not work out for many of them but perhaps some will meet the right woman and be very happy. There's no correct way to meet Mrs Right but all of us know that the way we did it is the best, don't we? :D

We are constantly asked by local women in the village to find a suitable farang to make a husband. We have a pile of photos if anyone is on the lookout. It's the would-be brides that ask us, never their parents. They are not very young girls either.

I have to tell them that, sadly, it's very difficult to find farang man as handsome and eligible as me!  :o

But good luck to the guys who travel to LOS to find a wife. It may not work out for many of them but perhaps some will meet the right woman and be very happy. There's no correct way to meet Mrs Right but all of us know that the way we did it is the best, don't we?  :D

It,s the make money from the families that I don’t like if my wife tried to pull a stunt like that I would be very disappointed in her and would have to wonder what type of women I had married. Not that she would as it was her that was so upset with the women doing it and have spoken with other Thai guys in the village and all have said that it was no good

And I think the deal was once they marry the families would cough about 100,000 bht

Bit tragic thats for sure for both partys.

Illiterate farm girl marrys broken down old falang.

Why...for her A better future,a sacrfice to feed the family.

For him live in housemaid and sex slave.

Not univeraly thai.

I have a friend married an East Timorese girl,he 50 she 19!!

He felt sorry for her as she was very badly treated during the unrest

Three years later a baby ,shes not happy smashes walls,attacked him with a hammer.

9000 dollar toll bill to her boyfriend back in timor.

Poor guy he loves is daughter ,no easy answers for him as he doesnt want to lose her.

I cant help but feel that the young Thai guys are gone to start to cause trouble as there little darlings are sold of  to guys two or three time there age one of the girls is 17 years old

Like Morden, we get many girls come and ask us to " get a farang for them "... It always amazes me that at least 50% of these girls have boyfriends alreay, some of which I know.. :D

I always politely decline saying that all my friends are already married.. Its not something I would want to get involved with, especially if things go wrong.

I think it's wrong to assume that it's always the parents doing, the girls mostly come off their own back, some from not so poor families also.

I personally feel a little sickened that someone would want to bring 5 friends to the village for wifes... :o

totster :D

Take heart at the fact that these girls, if their parents are using them as property to be traded, are most likely getting a far better life married off to some old guy than they would if "sold" locally.

You have an odd definition of "better life". Being forced to marry some abusive alcoholic twice her age who's going to treat her like a slave and sweep her off to some alien country where she doesn't speak or read the language and she's thousands of miles away from everyone she knows and loves?

That's a better life?

Not saying that every guy is like that, but let's face it, if some guy is willing to "buy" a child-wife who barely speaks his language, he's probably not the cream of the crop in the husband department. More than likely he's just looking for a sex-toy/maid who won't give him any lip like his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ex-wife used to do.

Some girls may go allow with this horrendous practice to "support" their families or because they actually believe they might get a "better life" for themselves, but the sad reality is that many of them end up trapped in abusive, unfulfilling slave-marriages far from everything that is familar and comforting. For every "happy ending" of some girl getting sold into a better life, there's probably a few more that end up in domestic abuse, "silent suffering" and/or divorce.

Being a farang doesn't automatically make someone "better".

We are constantly asked by local women in the village to find a suitable farang to make a husband. We have a pile of photos if anyone is on the lookout. It's the would-be brides that ask us, never their parents.

A classic example of "Don't believe the hype". I'm sure a lot of girls brag about how "wonderful" their farang husband is, but remember this is Thailand and a lot of people like to "keep up appearances" even when the reality is much more empty and troublesome.

Women who seek out farang husbands--simply because they are farang--shouldn't be so ready to believe their friends stories of marital bliss.

After all, we've all walked past some tin-roof shanty with a BMW parked out front. That family may be in debt up to their eyeballs and skipping meals for their kids in order to pay for that car, but that doesn't matter to them as long as they LOOK wealthy when driving around town.

Similarly, a woman with a less-than-ideal farang husband is going to do her best to keep up appearances even if the reality of the marriage is hollow and unfulfilling.

They are not very young girls either.

Hate to say it, but sometimes there is a reason women become spinsters (ditto for men too). If they make it past 30 without getting married, it's probably due to a host of emotional/personal issues. That's not true in all the cases, but in many cases these women are not the pick of the litter and there's a reason why the local guys have avoided hitching up with them (they know better).

But good luck to the guys who travel to LOS to find a wife. It may not work out for many of them but perhaps some will meet the right woman and be very happy. There's no correct way to meet Mrs Right but all of us know that the way we did it is the best, don't we?  :o

You're right, there is no correct way to find Mrs Right, but there are certainly ways that are totally WRONG about 95% of the time.

Take heart at the fact that these girls, if their parents are using them as property to be traded, are most likely getting a far better life married off to some old guy than they would if "sold" locally.

You have an odd definition of "better life". Being forced to marry some abusive alcoholic twice her age who's going to treat her like a slave and sweep her off to some alien country where she doesn't speak or read the language and she's thousands of miles away from everyone she knows and loves?

That's a better life?

Since I was referring to the ones who wind up in brothels, yes I'd take the chance with the old man if I were them. At least you stand a decent chance of a survivour's pension before you're 35.

cv

Face the facts, most ladies of the night working with foreigners already have a Thai boyfriend.

Contrary to some of the myth on these forums, Thai bar-girls CHOOSE their Thai boyfriend - they are not forced.

The majority of foreigners and especially Farangs who have got into a kind of relationship with an bar or ex bar-girl fail to fathom the chances that his girl in name will already have a Thai boyfriend.

Just how many bar-girls who after moving abroad with their so-called Farang husband STILL send money home to their Thai 'lover'?

This is called 'being taken........ for a serious ride'.

Thai girls regardless of where they are from or class of society etc... has the 'Freedom to Choose' whether she wishes to continue her relationship with her Thai boyfriend lover or not.

It seems therefore that most Thai boyfriends cant be as bad as a lot of the regulars here make out.

Edited by stevesuphan

"It seems therefore that most Thai boyfriends cant be as bad as a lot of the regulars here make out."

Most are but.....They are Thai

Face the facts, most ladies of the night working with foreigners already have a Thai boyfriend.

Contrary to some of the myth on these forums, Thai bar-girls CHOOSE their Thai boyfriend - they are not forced.

The majority of foreigners and especially Farangs who have got into a kind of relationship with an bar or ex bar-girl fail to fathom the chances that his girl in name will already have a Thai boyfriend.

Just how many bar-girls who after moving abroad with their so-called Farang husband STILL send money home to their Thai 'lover'?

This is called 'being taken........ for a serious ride'.

Thai girls regardless of where they are from or class of society etc... has the 'Freedom to Choose' whether she wishes to continue her relationship with her Thai boyfriend lover or not.

It seems therefore that most Thai boyfriends cant be as bad as a lot of the regulars here make out.

Sounds all pretty sad to me. By all means introduce these girls to the guys, but making a business transaction out of it :D Are these guys stupid? There are millions of girls in Thailand looking for farang husbands, why restrict the selection to one village. The guy with the 17 year old better take care. Receiving money from a farang will invariably be seen by the police as coming under the Age of Consent Act and could lead to deportation and/or criminal charges depending on his Nationality.

To get back to the OP....this has been happening for a long time..

My first trip to a village (93) was with a guy already established and one who had just broken up with his girl. My second mate was dragged around to meet at least 8 different women, This was arranged by the gf of mate 1. I managed to avoid this mostly as I met my ex on my own but even then I was "introduced" to one other girl by mate 1's gf, She had one in the cradle and one in the oven :o Needless to say I stuck with my first choice much to mate 1's gf's dislike, My ex was from the other big family in the village and there was a feud going on which did make things very uncomfortable at times.

Now while all this sounds horrific, it is the way things are done and I am sure that mate 1's gf was getting a cut of the 500 baht mate 2 paid to the girl so she could go and do something, cant remember what the reason was but it sounded a bit suss.

The girls who have farang bf's will try to get him to bring other farang to the village so that it increases the general wealth of the village and usually her own family. The guys are usually first timers and a bit naive so it is easier to part them with their money on the promise of a relationship with a "non BG", nice village girl. These relationships usually fail in the long run once the guys become more aware or the girl has got what she can from it.

It seems to me that if the guy brought 5 guys with him then he was probably working with his gf to gain a financial benefit from these guys, He has probably been ripping them off in other ways too.

Meeting a girl in a bar is sometimes the best way, they speak some english, they have some experience with the culture differences, A lot of them have gone there with the purpose of meeting a farang. They also have the advantage over the village girls in that they have a lot more choice.

The guy with the 17 year old better take care. Receiving money from a farang will invariably be seen by the police as coming under the Age of Consent Act and could lead to deportation and/or criminal charges depending on his Nationality.

Receiving money from a farang at 17yo is not a criminal offence, She is over the age of consent and with the girls parents blessings, the cops couldnt do a thing.

The guy with the 17 year old better take care. Receiving money from a farang will invariably be seen by the police as coming under the Age of Consent Act and could lead to deportation and/or criminal charges depending on his Nationality.

Receiving money from a farang at 17yo is not a criminal offence, She is over the age of consent and with the girls parents blessings, the cops couldnt do a thing.

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 with parent's consent. However, Dragonman is right.

With parent's consent or not, procuring prostition or engaging in it - with an adolescent under the age of 18 is a serious offense in Thailand. The story above reads clearly like an abuse of Age of Consent Act. The 'guys' in mention are breaking the law by recommending the girl of 17 to cipher money from the male with the intention of 'selling her off'

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 with parent's consent. However, Dragonman is right.

With parent's consent or not, procuring prostition or engaging in it - with an adolescent under the age of 18 is a serious offense in Thailand. The story above reads clearly like an abuse of Age of Consent Act. The 'guys' in mention are breaking the law by recommending the girl of 17 to cipher money from the male with the intention of 'selling her off'

Who said anything about prostitution here, there was no mention of a sex act taking place. We are talking about a guy who comes to a village and has chosen to commence a relationship with the girl with the parents obvious consent. Even if he starts to provide for her financially he has not broken the law as he is not paying her specifically for sex, he is merely supporting her in the same way as would be expected by any other man Thai or Farang.

As for the guy who took these guys to the village, where has he broken the law ?? He took some mates to a village and they chose to start a relationship with a village girl. He hasnt recommended anyone for an act of sex and certainly hasnt procured the girl for an act of sex. All he has done is introduce a guy to some girls as is what happens at any party or social gathering. What happens after that is upto the two people involved and the girls family.

Edited by gburns57au

Who said anything about prostitution here, there was no mention of a sex act taking place. We are talking about a guy who comes to a village and has chosen to commence a relationship with the girl with the parents obvious consent. Even if he starts to provide for her financially he has not broken the law as he is not paying her specifically for sex, he is merely supporting her in the same way as would be expected by any other man Thai or Farang.

As for the guy who took these guys to the village, where has he broken the law ?? He took some mates to a village and they chose to start a relationship with a village girl. He hasnt recommended anyone for an act of sex and certainly hasnt procured the girl for an act of sex. All he has done is introduce a guy to some girls as is what happens at any party or social gathering. What happens after that is upto the two people involved and the girls family.

With farang logic you are correct, but I am afraid TiT, and it is not how the police or the Courts see the subject. Equation; Farang = money: money = prostitution, therefore going with a farang whilst under 18 = prostitution.

The law was specifically introduced in response to pressure from overseas Governments re. the 15 years historic age of consent being abused by foreigners, and the Governments of said foreigners( particularly USA) not appreciating it.

I cant help but feel that the young Thai guys are gone to start to cause trouble as there little darlings are sold of to guys two or three time there age one of the girls is 17 years old

To me it all seams a bit sick

I think most of you have the wrong end of the stick here, the title is misleading, it should be "selling falang husbands" as the girls family/prospective wife are paying money to the guys wife, for introductions, I assume leading to marrage
so its more of who wants to buy a falang husband.

Its pretty comman, there was a woman here who was interested in a friend of mine, her family offered us 100,000 if we persuaded him to marry her, as others have said I'm just not interested.

Reading the OP would be a good idea, no one is being forced into marrige, the prospective wives or families are the ones paying the money.

RC

Edited by RamdomChances

With farang logic you are correct, but I am afraid TiT, and it is not how the police or the Courts see the subject. Equation; Farang = money: money = prostitution, therefore going with a farang whilst under 18 = prostitution.

The law was specifically introduced in response to pressure from overseas Governments re. the 15 years historic age of consent being abused by foreigners, and the Governments of said foreigners( particularly USA) not appreciating it.

The Thai police and courts still work on the basis of fact and evidence, If it was based on your TIT perception Chris White would be now doing time instead of waiting for his passport to be returned.

The Law was introduced by the Thai Goverment of its own accord to protect its own, the law relates to Thai as well as Farang. It is still illegal for a Thai man or woman to procure a girl under 18 for the purpose of prostitution.

Most Overseas Governments have enacted their own laws to deal with underage sex while overseas to deal with their own citizens who abuse AOC laws that may differ from their own.

So as the law stands....a Thai girl can marry at age 15....she cannot work in a place of prostitution or act as a prostitute until she is 18. Now as far as I know there is no law that states that she can only marry a Thai man at that age, but would be willing to concede that point if proven wrong. However if a farang did marry a girl under the age that applies in his country to overseas underage sex then he could be arrested on his return irrespective of the Thai law.

I am not looking at it from a farang logic or any logic....I am merely looking at it from the legal side of things.

I like your last line.....are you saying that Government was concerned about foreigners especially USA Citizens abusing the AOC law of Thailand.... :o:D

To me it all seams a bit sick

I think most of you have the wrong end of the stick here, the title is misleading, it should be "selling falang husbands" as the girls family/prospective wife are paying money to the guys wife, for introductions, I assume leading to marrage
so its more of who wants to buy a falang husband.

Its pretty comman, there was a woman here who was interested in a friend of mine, her family offered us 100,000 if we persuaded him to marry her, as others have said I'm just not interested.

Reading the OP would be a good idea, no one is being forced into marrige, the prospective wives or families are the ones paying the money.

RC

Good points...went off on a tangent here.

So as the law stands....a Thai girl can marry at age 15....she cannot work in a place of prostitution or act as a prostitute until she is 18. Now as far as I know there is no law that states that she can only marry a Thai man at that age, but would be willing to concede that point if proven wrong. However if a farang did marry a girl under the age that applies in his country to overseas underage sex then he could be arrested on his return irrespective of the Thai law.
Thats more or less right. To marry at 15 it has to go before a judge in court, with both parents consenting, usually there hass to be a reason for the marrage i.e the girl is pregnant. At 17 she can marry but she still needs consent of at least one parent and 19 (I think) its just up to her.

RC