North Korea Threatens 'Nationwide Sacred War' To Wipe Out S. Korea

News_Editor

North Korea threatens 'nationwide sacred war' to wipe out S. Korea 2012-04-23 12:43:01 GMT+7 (ICT) PYONGYANG, NORTH KOREA (BNO NEWS) -- The North Korean military on Monday threatened to launch a 'nationwide sacred war' to wipe out South Korea, days after the South announced the deployment of new long-range cruise missiles which are capable of striking any place in the North."The indignation of the army and people of the DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) at the group of rat-like (South Korean President) Lee Myung Bak is running high," a statement from the North Korean military said, referring to the North's official name. "Shouts such as "Destroy," Beat to death" and "Tear to death" are ringing out on this land. But the Lee group of traitors is still doing mischiefs, not coming to its senses."Monday's threat comes after the South Korean defense ministry announced on Thursday that it has deployed new long-range cruise missiles with a range of 1,000 kilometers (621 miles), allowing the South to strike any place in the North. "They heaped praises on a few poor-looking missiles," the North's military said in Monday's statement.North Korea has repeatedly threatened to launch attacks against the South in recent years, but Monday's announcement was made more prominently than previous threats. The North's state-run television broke into programming to make what it described as a 'special announcement.'Flashing banners on the website of the state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) also called for a 'nationwide sacred war' to wipe out South Korea. "Let us shower the Lee Myung Bak-led swarm of rats with a fire of retaliation," the banner said. "Let us blow up the bases used to hurt the dignity of our Supreme Leadership! Let us wipe out the Lee Myung Bank-led swarm of rats in this land and sky!""The special actions of our revolutionary armed forces will start soon to meet the reckless challenge of the group of traitors," the North's military said in its statement. "Those actions are an eruption of the public anger and resentment and a sacred war of all service personnel and people to protect the dignity of our supreme leadership. Their targets are the Lee Myung Bak group of traitors, the arch criminals, and the group of rat-like elements including conservative media destroying the mainstay of the fair public opinion."The statement added: "Once the above-said special actions kick off, they will reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style. Our revolutionary armed forces do not make an empty talk."On Sunday, a spokesman for the North Korean Foreign Ministry called South Korean President Lee "human scum", responding to Lee's recent remarks which the North said 'desecrated' the 100th birth anniversary of the late North Korean leader Kim Il-sung, who founded the country."The service personnel and people of the DPRK are shaking with irrepressible resentment at the group which defamed the father of the nation whom they are holding in high esteem as the sun," the North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman said on Sunday. "They are now eagerly waiting for the issue of an order so that they may mercilessly punish the traitor."Tensions on the Korean Peninsula, which remains in a technical state of war, have been at critical since the 2010 sinking of the ROKS Cheonan, a South Korean Navy ship carrying 104 people. The incident left 46 people killed and a South Korean-led international investigation blamed a North Korean torpedo which was allegedly fired from a midget submarine, although the North insists it was not responsible.Months after the sinking of the ship, North Korean forces bombarded the disputed Yeonpyeong Island. The artillery engagement from the North, which claims it acted in 'self-defense', left two South Korean civilians killed while the South's return fire killed at least five people in North Korea.Earlier this month, North Korea attempted to launch the Kwangmyongsong-3 (Bright Star-3) weather satellite on a Taepodong-2 ballistic missile to mark Kim Il-sung's birth anniversary, but the missile failed about a minute after takeoff and crashed in the Yellow Sea. Signs indicate the North may be planning to carry out a third nuclear test in the near future to make up for the failure.The 1950-1953 Korean War, which left millions of people killed, ended in a truce rather than a peace treaty. tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-04-23

Wow..... so, South Korea (and the free world) scold North Korea of trying to launch a satellite. Not even a month later and South Korea brags about having missiles that can take out all of the north. Yeah...that seems fair. All you have to do is visit S Korea to know they're just as mis-guided as the north.

I visited S Korea and for all of it's technological advancements, they are still very old school when it comes to culture. I was surprised how much it felt like China. From the communist block housing to the frowning locals. Most of all I was very surprised at how much tension there still is between the north and south. They say they want to unite the nation but seriously, prejudices and propaganda are huge and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Team America is still there....they never left. Lots of their presence in the DMZ. Sadly, they probably do more harm than good. Although, without the US, I don't think S Korea could hold off the north. Every N. Korean man spends most of his 20's in the military there, and a few years for every woman too. North Korea is built for war...and they're just itching to have one.

I do not see how you can claim that American soldiers "probably do more harm than good", in one sentence and then admit that "without the US, I don't think S Korea could hold off the North". I would guess that South Korea is a lot better off with American troops helping them out.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

I do not see how you can claim that American soldiers "probably do more harm than good", in one sentence and then admit that "without the US, I don't think S Korea could hold off the North". I would guess that South Korea is a lot better off with American troops helping them out.

For sure but at least we now know where the Chinese stand. Unfortunately the NOW Chinese wealth is whole-ly due to the Wests hunger for cash for the few. Give the jobs back to the Wests natives and the Chinese will drift back into their tents.

I shared a small office with a Sth Korean here in Bangkok albeit briefly. Regret every day of it.

Koreans are very odd people...Nth or Sth doesnt matter.

Agreed. Think the planet would be better off if the peninsula were sterilized. whistling.gif

In the case of a possible pre-emptive strike by NK on the south I'm more than willing to put 2NE1, The Wonder Girls, Girls Generation and 4 Minutes up in my spare room. If push come to shove and space is a bit tight I'm even ready to squeeze a couple of them next to me in my bed. The only small sacrifice they'd have to make is to walk around in either skimpy lingerie, thigh boots or saucy schoolgirl uniforms. My house, my rules.

Edited by mca

In the case of a possible pre-emptive strike by NK on the south I'm more than willing to put 2NE1, The Wonder Girls, Girls Generation and 4 Minutes up in my spare room. If push come to shove and space is a bit tight I'm even ready to squeeze a couple of them next to me in my bed. The only small sacrifice they'd have to make is to walk around in either skimpy lingerie, thigh boots or saucy schoolgirl uniforms. My house, my rules.

Brilliant.

Now go and get permission from the missus like a good lad. :)

Brilliant.

Now go and get permission from the missus like a good lad. smile.png

She most probably wouldn't mind if it meant a break from me crawling over her like a rutting walrus with asthma.

• Like 1

.... Incheon International Airport was thronging with K-Pop girl bands all enquiring as to the availablity of direct flights to Khon Kaen, Thailand. biggrin.png

( Go on Scott. Let it stand mate. I promise not to post any more <deleted> on this thread! )

I shared a small office with a Sth Korean here in Bangkok albeit briefly. Regret every day of it.

Koreans are very odd people...Nth or Sth doesnt matter.

How so? Can you give a couple of examples?

mca, I'll let it stand, but your on your own with other mods. I am still trying to recover from the 'rutting walrus' remark....The vision in my head was surreal.

Baboon, I think it's best if your questions go unanswered. We don't want this to turn into a Korean-bashing thread.

Personally, I don't think anyone really deserves to have a neighbor like N. Korea. The leadership there is a pretty scary bunch.

• Like 2

For sure but at least we now know where the Chinese stand. Unfortunately the NOW Chinese wealth is whole-ly due to the Wests hunger for cash for the few. Give the jobs back to the Wests natives and the Chinese will drift back into their tents.

cheesy.gif , Was just going to click ''Like'' to see that l wrote it. drunk.gif

German experts dismiss N. Korean missiles at parade as mock-ups

SEOUL, April 24 (Yonhap) -- The new intercontinental ballistic missiles displayed in a military parade in North Korea were mock-ups and the presentation was "a nice dog and pony show," according to two German experts on North Korean missiles.

The North showed off the missiles on transporter-erector-launchers during the parade to mark the centennial of the April 15 birth of the country's late founder Kim Il-sung, the grandfather of current leader Kim Jong-un. The display sparked intense speculation on the North's ballistic missile capability following its botched rocket launch earlier this month.

"At first glance, the missile seems capable of covering a range of perhaps 10,000 kilometers. However, a closer look reveals that all of the presented missiles are mock-ups," Markus Schiller and Robert H. Schmucker, analysts with Schmucker Technology in Germany, wrote in an English-language report posted on a nuclear arms control and nonproliferation blog last week.

"There is still no evidence that North Korea actually has a functional ICBM."

The two said, "At a closer look, it is impossible to find a real warhead separation plane on any of the observed ICBMs," adding that the surface structure is another indication that the warhead is a mock-up.

"A real warhead's casing has to resist thermal and structural loads of an atmospheric reentry and is certainly not designed this way," the experts said.

The two also said a road-mobile missile of this size is always solid-fueled, though there are visible elements at each stage that look like filling or draining valves for liquid propellants.

"These elements only make sense on a liquid-fueled stage," the report said.

They suspected that the erector-launcher vehicle, whose maximum total weight is 122 tons, is oversized for a rocket weighing less than 40 tons.

The experts said it is not possible to securely bolt the missile to the launch table, saying the hole that might hold the bolt aligns with the outer diameter of the missile, or very close to it.

They said every presented missile features slightly different cable duct positions and slightly different positions of the ominous white bands, noting these bands appeared to have been added only for looks since no functional purpose could be identified.

"North Korea obviously presented the World's first liquid-fueled solid missile, in six different versions. There is no doubt that these missiles were mock-ups," the two wrote in the report.

They said the North seemed to have staged the whole presentation to celebrate the milestone anniversary and to gain some strategic leverage, though they said it remains unknown if the mock-ups were designed to confuse foreign analysts, or if the designers simply did some sloppy work.

"For now, the ICBM presentation was nothing else than a nice dog and pony show," the two said. (Yonhap)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-04-24

mca, I'll let it stand, but your on your own with other mods.  I am still trying to recover from the 'rutting walrus' remark....The vision in my head was surreal.  

Baboon, I think it's best if your questions go unanswered.  We don't want this to turn into a Korean-bashing thread.

Personally, I don't think anyone really deserves to have a neighbor like N. Korea.  The leadership there is a pretty scary bunch.

Certainly not my intention, but you are the one running the show.For the record, the Koreans I have met seemed amiable enough and always up for a drink and a laugh - even the handful I met when I visited the North.