Arrest Scamming, Lying Girls Who Cheat Westerners?

Felix Lynn

On the next Thailand Today,

Should Thai girls receive the same fate for the same scam??? A German man posing as a Thai girl was arrested for scamming and lying to lonely Westerners…should Thai Bargirls get the same?

A Thai astrologer gets a report card on 2005 and it appears he’s going to be sent back to school.

And one out of every ten Thai students carries a weapon to school.

All that and a look back at the tsunami tragedy one year later, on the next Thailand Today, each Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5am, 1pm and 9pm, only on http://www.radiobangkok.net Hot in the city!

This quick note, please visit our website and take our Radio Bangkok survey. It takes only a couple of minutes. Also, Radio Bangkok reaches 150,000 listeners a month and if you or your company would like to sponsor Thailand Today or any of our shows, visit our website or email us at [email protected]

Felix, I listened to that show today. I thought it was quite interesting though no new revelations were revealed. I suspect the subject could make for a good debate along the lines of: should the recent proliferation of female school teachers having sex with their young teen students receive the same punishment as their male counterparts.

There is quite obviously a double standard applied there on sentencing, though I believe the guidelines to be the same.

Sorry not trying to hijack your thread; my analogy is off topic anyway.

There will naturally be a consensus on both sides of the issue. I personally think it is more despicable that a foreigner does it posing as a Thai girl, as from the off it is plain and simple deception. Where as the Thai Girl is in a position to claim otherwise and come up with at least some half plausible mitigation that even Blind Benjamin would have too concur with.

Felix, I listened to that show today. I thought it was quite interesting though no new revelations were revealed.

Well...thanks for listening. What I'm trying to get at is that this German guy got arrested for what many Thai girls do everyday: Lie and cheat unsuspecting foreigners. For those who missed the 1pm broadcast, tune in at 9pm.

http://www.radiobangkok.net

I suspect the subject could make for a good debate along the lines of: should the recent proliferation of female school teachers having sex with their young teen students receive the same punishment as their male counterparts. There is quite obviously a double standard applied there on sentencing, though I believe the guidelines to be the same.

Great topic for the US! I think there is a double standard.

There will naturally be a consensus on both sides of the issue. I personally think it is more despicable that a foreigner does it posing as a Thai girl, as from the off it is plain and simple deception. Where as the Thai Girl is in a position to claim otherwise and come up with at least some half plausible mitigation that even Blind Benjamin would have too concur with.

You got a good point. I wish we had live calls so you could call up with just that opinion.

For me, it's buyer beware. If these guys are stupid enough to give money to some picture, fine. I just want fairness in applying the law. If one guy gets cuffed and sent away for lying and cheating, all those girls who are doing the same thing need to get the same.

One out of ten Thai students carry a weapon to school.

Well, it very much depends on what kind of school!!!

You ought to mention 'Vocational College" (or Techno as they say here). Thai state High schools do not suffer from inter-school violence, this phenomenon is related to Vocational Colleges, mostly private ones.

Sure, if you are talking about such educational institutes in regards to possession of weapons then the statistics do not surprise me.

And talk about unfair! Thailand has no laws governing the local female population having nookie with young underage men!

Just last year the Thai media wrote up the story of a young female teacher at Suan Kularb School/Bangna! who had been caught conducting naughty extra-curricular activities with one of her grade 9 boys. What happened to her? She got sacked.....

When i have asked my Thai buddies whether they thought it was fair replied "A man has nothing to lose, great for him, lucky man!"

Sadly, this is how Thai society perceives the matter of underage hanky-panky. Can call it pretty sexist actually.

Edited by stevesuphan

Hi Felix,

why haven't you got Skype setup so that we can call in for free from anywhere?

(with a 5 second delay) :D

That is under consideration but there are other technical issues involved. I hope we can do it soon. I'll keep you posted.

Meantime, tune in at 9pm. http://www.radiobangkok.net

That's 0100 in the shed, I can't listen to bedtime stories at that hour :o