Transport Ministry To Proceed With The Construction Of High-Speed Train

Lite Beer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate to disappoint people, but apart from topic header "TM to proceed with construction" and first sentence "TM pushing ahead with planned construction" there's nothing on actual construction. t's all about discussing, committees overseeing important parts like 'financing' and considering routes.

Please don't hold your breath on this one, you might turn bluish wink.png

Quite right.

PTP needs to show the voters that things are moving, on a pre-election promise of mega-projects being completed, and that the Chinese freight-railway might possibly have a minor benefit for ordinary Thais.

The government functionaries need to show willingness, but also that more 'incentives' are still needed, oink oink !

Nobody wants to tell the Chinese that their project isn't going-anwhere fast.

Business-as-usual in other words. whistling.gif

The Chinese would be unwise to count on their exports being shipped via this route by the end of 2015. cool.png

• Like 1

Siemens made a High Speed train in China - for the Elite (Siemens Velaro China (Velaro CN / CRH3)) between Shanghai and Beijing.

After small problems they copy the Siemens train and other High Speed trains they tested before.

Some big accidents followed, wiki it.

Siemens is an international company, reputation wobbles between good technology and intelligent bribery.

The submarineways in Bangkok......?

Siemens is also know for huge bureaucracy inside, very bad customer service, big mistakes......

Terrible company

They are "planning" and "proposing" to build this high speed railway from these points to those points. They are planning and proposing to build a global port in dead center of the confluence of the Burma, Sunda, and Eurasia tectonic plates in the Andaman Sea. But we don't see any follow up to the soot and smoke that killed citizens and caused thousands to flee and have health problems in the Chiang Mai region as the result of slash and burn tactics.

There is no follow up on the Bangkok building fires where fire departments waited until they got approval from building owners to break down the door and enter to extinguish the fires. We don't see any follow up about regulations, fire codes, and building standards or education of selfish drivers to make room for firetrucks. Likewise, we don't see any follow up about the buildings constructed illegally on canals and therefore, inhibiting proper flood drainage. Where is the beef?

How can anyone take these preposterous Thai engineering and infrastructure projects like the port, the railway, and the bridges seriously? Why can't Thais and Thai newspapers get their priorities straight? Why do they keep repeating the same things expecting the results to be different? Thai "schemes and plans" are preposterous. Why don't they announce a step by step plan with action points to re-educate the nation and upgrade its standards? Why don't we read about their engineering plans to build dental bridges in the mouths of millions of its citizenry outside Bangkok where they are totally ignored and hanging around with few teeth and often none? Why don't we read about schemes and plans to engineer running water for flushing toilets in millions of homes that are now not piped for it? Same for Internet lines.

What is it about Thais that they always seem to propose the most laughable, preposterous schemes and ludicrous plans while ignoring the most basic, obvious, and fundamental societal needs? Why do they consistently turn their backs on impoverished Thais "working the land for survival" on an indentured basis? Why do they deny Internet freedom and concrete realistic educational reforms with how to do it management? Why are there no leaders and no leadership that is capable of representing Thailand on the global stage or at least inspire? Why do they "deny" corruption and massive deterioration of society by denying prostitution and sex tourism? A nation in denial.

Bridge, rail, and port building is fine, but not layered on top of these fundamental and unaddressed issues as a hair brained, laughable - Heath Robinson/Rube Goldberg scheme. Thais need to adjust priorities and thinking. They need a check up from the neck up. If the Thais had a world renowned psychiatrist in their midst, they would make a great leader. It's clearly a class segmented and stratified society with serious egocentric and over inflated sense of self importance problems. It would be nice to see an illuminated point of view once in a while as well as real leadership. At the very least, it would be encouraging to see informative and educational newspaper work that really has an impact.

• Like 1

Japanese building railways in Thailand....there is something in the back of my mind here.

I suppose the less Thai engineering involved the more likely it is that it will work.

Also in the back of my mind. This time the labourers will be mostly Thai and payed at least 300b/d ?

Last time the labourers were mostly Thai and Indonesian. But payment was death.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I hate to disappoint people, but apart from topic header "TM to proceed with construction" and first sentence "TM pushing ahead with planned construction" there's nothing on actual construction. t's all about discussing, committees overseeing important parts like 'financing' and considering routes.

Please don't hold your breath on this one, you might turn bluish wink.png

Agree. There will be years of talking, committees, commissioning reports & then repeating the process under a new government. Committee members get well paid, reports always seem to be really expensive, so there will be no rush especially when all the vested interests try to get their share. I think the skytrain took at least 30 to 40 years after it was first proposed. One only has to look at the 3G debacle as Thailand is one the last country's in the world to implement it & still they sit on their hands & have more meetings while only a very limited 3G is available on the old spectrums.

Japanese building railways in Thailand....there is something in the back of my mind here.

I suppose the less Thai engineering involved the more likely it is that it will work.

Also in the back of my mind. This time the labourers will be mostly Thai and payed at least 300b/d ?

I believe the Malayan native contingent was fairly high. It seems to be accepted that only (only!!!!) 28000-30000 farangs died, but the Asian deathroll was at least 10 times higher. The guards were mainly Korean (you don't put front line troops to guarding prisoners) and the Japanese officers were the dregs, incapable of making a useful contribution to their war effort. It has often been reported that the guards were often treated as brutally as the prisoners by officers and NCO's.

The railway is already in place in Laos-via Nong Khai  and all the way to Bkk. The reasons for Chiang Mai are all too clear---it's the home city for the family---and I don't believe for 1 minute the Chinese want the Chiang Mai route---they dont give a fig which way they make---via Friendship bridge---or C.M. as long as they GET PAID.

the other argument, after C.M. no rail exists-and the terrain ???   from Bkk to Mekong  via Korat -K Khen-Udon-NongKhai. incorporating the next 3 biggest cities in Thailand, and airport competition and roads, to keep prices down for travel.  Chiang Mai is a HOME rail link, when it would never be used by the family, and at night they would use helicopters with night vision.

I believe the Malayan native contingent was fairly high. It seems to be accepted that only (only!!!!) 28000-30000 farangs died, but the Asian deathroll was at least 10 times higher. The guards were mainly Korean (you don't put front line troops to guarding prisoners) and the Japanese officers were the dregs, incapable of making a useful contribution to their war effort. It has often been reported that the guards were often treated as brutally as the prisoners by officers and NCO's.

The Chumpon to Khao Fa Chi line was built by captured Tamils, and captured Thai resistance fighters.

It's going to take Britain 7 years to build High Speed 2 and that is only 120 miles long. How long will it take Thailand to build a railway anything between four and seven times as long and what will the final cost be?

In a country where they can't even get the ordering right for a few School Tablets for kids how are we supposed to believe that the Thai's could manage such a huge undertaking considering the high tech required. We all know that the Chinese and the Jap's are clever but will they be able to convince Thai 'Engineers' that they know best?

I've said it before and I'll say it again....this won't happen in my lifetime.

but... but... last year they promised it (and several other transportation pipe dreams)

PeauThai10Lines.jpg

The sign reads:

Developing the new system of transportation – 10 Skytrain lines – 20 baht ticket for round trip

Double track rails to connect all directions in the system

The high speed rail project from Bangkok to Chiangmai-Korat-Huahin

the Airport Link to Chacherngsao-Chonburi-Pattaya

– Puea Thai Party

http://2bangkok.com/...nsit-lines.html

Edited by Buchholz

It's going to take Britain 7 years to build High Speed 2 and that is only 120 miles long. How long will it take Thailand to build a railway anything between four and seven times as long and what will the final cost be?

In a country where they can't even get the ordering right for a few School Tablets for kids how are we supposed to believe that the Thai's could manage such a huge undertaking considering the high tech required. We all know that the Chinese and the Jap's are clever but will they be able to convince Thai 'Engineers' that they know best?

but... but... last year they promised it (and several other transportation pipe dreams)

PeauThai10Lines.jpg

The sign reads:

Developing the new system of transportation – 10 Skytrain lines – 20 baht ticket for round trip

– Puea Thai Party

Miracle Thailand....Hub of broken dreams.

• Like 1

PeauThai10Lines.jpg

The sign reads:

– Puea Thai Party

And yet, despite all your hatred for him, the fact is that the only Thai politician who has delivered a high speed train line to the Thai people is Thaksin : The ARL.

PeauThai10Lines.jpg

The sign reads:

– Puea Thai Party

And yet, despite all your hatred for him, the fact is that the only Thai politician who has delivered a high speed train line to the Thai people is Thaksin : The ARL.

At what cost and for what return on investment?

PeauThai10Lines.jpg

The sign reads:

– Puea Thai Party

I'll try to remember that when I'm riding on Yingluck's leg of the (ARL) Airport Rail Link to Chonburi.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Haven't they build a railway in Thailand previously?

They tried to construct a railway to Burma over the bodies of thousands of P.O.W.s. Didn't work out too well.

The contract should go the proven and well known Chinese firm of Shenzhen Scope, considering the strong possibility of a significant discount for having simultaneous mega-projects with them.

Are they the builders of the 'big disaster' in China?

Siemens made a High Speed train in China - for the Elite (Siemens Velaro China (Velaro CN / CRH3)) between Shanghai and Beijing.

After small problems they copy the Siemens train and other High Speed trains they tested before.

Some big accidents followed, wiki it.

Siemens is an international company, reputation wobbles between good technology and intelligent bribery.

The submarineways in Bangkok......?

Siemens is also know for huge bureaucracy inside, very bad customer service, big mistakes......

Terrible company

A German company? You don't say? laugh.png

The airport runway only took 3 years to complete.

But some 40 years in the planning/discussion-stages, which is where the high-speed railway currently is. wink.png

Planning, discussion, politicians buying up the land to sell to the government, finding out it was a big swamp and having to engineer a drainage system and then the 1997 crisis put thing on hold.

PeauThai10Lines.jpg

The sign reads:

– Puea Thai Party

At what cost and for what return on investment?

The return on investment is gotten before it is built.whistling.gif