Why Do Falang Ignore Falang?

Plucky

I ignore Westerners who call other Westerners 'Farang' !!

i'm a Farang and ignore Farangs as well as Thais. if i was to say hello to every Farang when i'm downtown Pattaya i'd have no time for anything else.

p.s. i forgot to mention that i especially ignore Farangs who hate being called Farangs tongue.png

Do you not employ someone to greet farangs on your behalf?

Or even to ignore them.

"You there , my man; away down to Pattaya town centre and ignore some farang for me, at once!"

SC

• Like 1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the next TV party should be held in a Glasgow pub. That would loosen a few of your tongues for yis.

Anyway I am wary of anyone striking up a conversation in the street. Most always they want just one thing.

And it aint a ticket back home....

• Like 1

I ignore Westerners who call other Westerners 'Farang' !!

i'm a Farang and ignore Farangs as well as Thais. if i was to say hello to every Farang when i'm downtown Pattaya i'd have no time for anything else.

p.s. i forgot to mention that i especially ignore Farangs who hate being called Farangs tongue.png

Do you not employ someone to greet farangs on your behalf?

Or even to ignore them.

"You there , my man; away down to Pattaya town centre and ignore some farang for me, at once!"

SC

that's not such a bad idea. i will think about it. it might be quite intriguing sitting at home knowing that "ignoration" of Farangs on my behalf is carried out on a broad scale.

That exotic Thai Chinese Asian Arabic bint always ignores me.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

BTW that 'Thai Chinese Asian Arabic bint' doesn't count because she ain't a Falang.

Are you enjoying your holiday? Sort of quiet without you around ...

You skin is looking as young as always ... maybe you are trying this product post-104736-0-87472900-1335447236.jpg

Edited by David48

and what you are doing is NOT weird ??

Sorry ‘samsian’ didn’t mean to make you jump mate when I said ‘Hi”……………………But it’s nice to put a name, (even if it’s your made-up one on TV) to a face………..And that look, just like in Lotus when I said Hi the first time.

That exotic Thai Chinese Asian Arabic bint always ignores me.

BTW that 'Thai Chinese Asian Arabic bint' doesn't count because she ain't a Falang.

Are you enjoying your holiday? Sort of quiet without you around ...

You skin is looking as young as always ... maybe you are trying this product post-104736-0-87472900-1335447236.jpg

I think you may have me mixed up with someone else.

Good to meet anyway.

I will offer a nod and minor upward twitch of the lips

And be forever known as "that poor bloke with mild Tourette's Syndrome" biggrin.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/454948-for-people-who-suffer/page__view__findpost__p__4313593__hl__%2Btourette%26%2339%3Bs

Biscuits

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

I will offer a nod and minor upward twitch of the lips

And be forever known as "that poor bloke with mild Tourette's Syndrome" biggrin.png

My foul mouthed tirades earned me that title years ago :)

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

A nod and polite smile might suffice in the more genteel parts of the city, but surely for most of us nothing short of a full "Haway there Jimmy, How's it hingin'?" would be adequate, possibly with a generously encompassing wave of the whisky bottle? Just as one would do back home...

SC

• Like 2

A nod and polite smile might suffice in the more genteel parts of the city, but surely for most of us nothing short of a full "Haway there Jimmy, How's it hingin'?" would be adequate, possibly with a generously encompassing wave of the whisky bottle? Just as one would do back home...

SC

Ahhh noo yer talkin'!

When's the next party happenin' min?

Edit: Syntax...

Edited by smokie36

It happened again. Booked into a new guesthouse for somewhere more central and saw a fellow tidy looking friendly falang.

I said hello and the look on his face was if I'd kicked his front door in on xmas and pissed on his kids.

Fabulous.

He was a yank. laugh.png Looked at your shoes. laugh.png

When foreigners first arrive in a new country they require a support network of fellow foreigners to help them find their feet. They share advice and compare experiences. It's all good healthy stuff. Made some good friends in the past that way myself.

Where I live in east Bangkok I'll always nod hello to a farang if passing in the street. And they will nod back, we are doing it simply to be polite. The thing is having lived in Thailand all my adult life I really don't want to have my ear bent by some guy that has just rediscovered himself during a midlife crisis and wants to tell me all about it. I tend to avoid people that want to talk to random people in the street. I may be missing out on something. I doubt it.

• Like 1

One guy we met in a supermarket was very friendly....had lived here a long time and very chatty...even invited us over for dinner one night......but I think the way he was looking at my missus, he had more than dinner on his mind.

Dirty old bastard.

• Like 1

One guy we met in a supermarket was very friendly....had lived here a long time and very chatty...even invited us over for dinner one night......but I think the way he was looking at my missus, he had more than dinner on his mind.

Dirty old bastard.

Yep, have experienced this stuff myself, and the mrs has changed her mind a bit about farang being a master race. sad.png

Ask a Thai abroad why he does not go over and have a chat with the Pakistani sitting on that bench over there as you are both Asian. I will wager he will shoot you a look as though you have just said you are going to take a dump on the street.

Is it not the same with us?

• Like 2