Those Lovely Thai Police

allanajt

Sheesh! Where's LiK when you need him?

prob riding his plastic bike too ...10 . 9 , 8 , 7 6 ........cheesy.gif

ha ha you own a bike that looks like someones sofa!! you own a bike with plastic bits lol nice bike if you like something as big as a car!! cheesy.gif

yes it is big ....500kg loaded.... and a whole lotta soul ha ha ha cheesy.gif and appreciating ....... go on google the resale on your silent fart machine .... coffee1.gif

lol now now mate calm down no need to insult a fellow biker!! if you like a bike that weighs as much as a tank and it is appreciating then good for you, each to there own!! I did google silent fart but it came up empty?

I actually like the big big bikes but not for me.

What would the re-sale value be of a Mazda 2 6 months old original cost 615,000bht?? would it be 600,000bht by any chance!!

Edited by kawapower

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Related but slightly off topic....is a Thai driving licence for a car and bike sufficient to drive in the UK for a period of time or is an IDP needed...can you get insured with a Thai licence whether it be by a rental company or an owned veichle? The UK licence is now only valid for 10years so there may be quite a few expats here that do not have a current UK licence anymore..me included.

Edited by PattayaPhom

my avatar shows one of my bikes.....

Yes, it looks like a very comfortable tractor. Did the price include a plough, or, is that extra?

lol joking aside I love those big big heavy sofa looking bikes, and I bet they are fantastic for touring but no good for town or shortish journeys, everyone has a preference obviously mine is to own a plastic superbike that has the re-sale value of a silent fart. lol

I also get off my bike after maybe 180km and I also feel gooooood but have to check no plastic parts have fallen off lol

Edited by kawapower

Kawa ..seriously the resale on some second hand bikes here astounds me ..check out BMW second hand or any Jap Built SuperBike ....even Ducati .... but HD seems to hold quite well ...

It's all in good fun!! maybe you are right, I did not buy this bike with re-sale in mind, I actually thought about the Kawasaki Vulcan, very very comfortable very very big and just not my cup of tea, I love the look of the big big bikes when ever I see one I say wow but that is also the comment any Supersport or big naked bike gets also.

To me this is a thing of beauty. love it!!!

post-150763-0-73334700-1335407805_thumb.

post-150763-0-69929200-1335407881_thumb.

post-150763-0-56267700-1335407903_thumb.

• Like 1

better than a sewing machine with wheels thumbsup.gif

Z1000 is a sewing machine with wheels???? I don't honestly see the point in changing the stock exhaust for something that sounds like a car with a blown exhaust!! why do people like big noise, does it make you more of a man!! does it frighten other road users!! is it an extension of your small situation lol

your plastic z1000 has no soul ...... yes for sure it frightens other road users , the stats show that loud bikes are less likely to be hit by another vehicle simply because they are aware you are present and about to overtake ....back to your measly 1000cc recycled plastic singer ..i hope you didnt buy it new ...hate to think of its value now lol ..... actually thinking of a reduction rather than extension ..regards Jeb lol

Oh lord, another Hogfat espousing the myth that loud pipes save lives again... Why don't you show us those stats you're talking about? You can't because they don't exist.

PLENTY of stats proving you're WRONG though...

According to the Hurt report is was determined that 77% of motorcycle accident hazards come from in front of the rider, while only 3% approach from the rear. What's interesting here is that motorcycle pipes direct the vast majority of sound backwards where the least danger is, so for loud pipes to be truly effective safety measures they would need to be pointed forward where the greatest danger lies. That doesn't do much to support the proposition that loud pipes are a safely factor. The other serious problem I have with this supposition is that it is, at best, a secondary safety measure, not a primary or proactive measure. Assuming that the other driver will act with caution once you have identified your presence by the sound of your bike roaring up from behind is foolhardy at best. That's like assuming that if you were to wear a bright yellow safety vest, or full riding gear, you can relax because now you're protected! Lets face it, the best protection you have is that 3 pounds of grey matter between your ears, that and a constant awareness of your surrounding, and acting on the supposition that the rest of the motorists in the world are all idiots and its up to you and you alone to ensure your safety on the road. Relying on the other guy to act reasonably or safely just because you're making more noise than those around you is just asking for trouble!

The AMA has gone so far as to make a policy statement on the issue which reads " The [AMA] believes that few other factors contribute more to misunderstanding and prejudice against the motorcycling community than excessively noisy motorcycles". They then go on to say, "Shifting blame and failing to adopt responsible policies on a voluntary basis can only result in greater prejudice and discrimination against motorcycling. The consequences of continuing to ignore this issue will likely result in excessively rigorous state and federal standards, ……[and] abusive enforcement of current laws and other solutions undesirable to riders and the motorcycle industry"

I don't care what you ride. If an overweight underpowered tractor on two wheels gets you off, then I'm happy for you smile.png

Edited by BigBikeBKK

good luck to ya!! for me its carcinogenic blink.png

Sorry why do you use the word carcinogenic in relation to this thread?

plastic ........

Plastic? carcinogenic is a word associated with cancer and what causes it, are you saying plastic on bikes causes cancer?

Going back to the bain on society in relation to noisy bike exhausts, the only reason why it might prevent an accident is because other road users want to get as far away from you as possible, a person told me recently that his exhaust was so noisy no one would ride with him, wonder why that is!!

Edited by kawapower

now thats funny ..... yes i am a fag !!!! and proud of it ........ as for the research i am actually doing my own case study , so far i am still alive , people see me and hear me i make sure of that ..... give me the sound of a V Twin anyday , i guess if you guys had the money you would be riding Ducatis instead of silent farts .... these new kawas sound like they are missing horrible sound imo .....

now thats funny ..... yes i am a fag !!!! and proud of it ........ as for the research i am actually doing my own case study , so far i am still alive , people see me and hear me i make sure of that ..... give me the sound of a V Twin anyday , i guess if you guys had the money you would be riding Ducatis instead of silent farts .... these new kawas sound like they are missing horrible sound imo .....

No you are wrong!! fact of the matter is all noisy exhaust owners are inconsiderate of other people, other people want to get away from you as quickly as possible as it hurts the ears, most people see and hear you and utter the comment "what a Pratt" no I would never buy a Ducati!! bikes should be quiet because the law says so, and it should be a consideration to any decent human being. my bike sounds awesome a lovely deep rumble that is pleasant to the ears and does not bother anyone.

You are alive because no one other than other inconsiderate bikers want to be near you, become considerate noise does not endear you to others!!

My mate and I was in a bar last week having a nice quite drink, a big HD went past so <deleted> loud we both said at the same time "what a <deleted> idiot" no one says that when I drive past because I am considerate of others!!

Are you also doing a case study into what causes Cancer as you thought the need to use carcinogenic in one of your posts? a very distasteful use of a word associated with a life or death disease!!

Edited by kawapower

No you are wrong!! fact of the matter is all noisy exhaust owners are inconsiderate of other people, other people want to get away from you as quickly as possible as it hurts the ears, most people see and hear you and utter the comment "what a Pratt" no I would never buy a Ducati!! bikes should be quiet because the law says so, and it should be a consideration to any decent human being. my bike sounds awesome a lovely deep rumble that is pleasant to the ears and does not bother anyone.

You are alive because no one other than other inconsiderate bikers want to be near you, become considerate noise does not endear you to others!!

My mate and I was in a bar last week having a nice quite drink, a big HD went past so <deleted> loud we both said at the same time "what a <deleted> idiot" no one says that when I drive past because I am considerate of others!!

ask any thai if they like the sound of your rice burner or my Harley ..... in this country noise is not an issue, they love HD ..back in the mother country you may be right .... what sort of bar were you in , did you notice lots of men dressed as ladies ??? cheesy.gif

ask any thai if they like the sound of your rice burner or my Harley ..... in this country noise is not an issue, they love HD ..back in the mother country you may be right .... what sort of bar were you in , did you notice lots of men dressed as ladies ??? cheesy.gif

he he well if you can not hear a bike other than a nice deep sound there is nothing to dislike is there, noise is an issue in any country, what makes it not an issue is again inconsiderate people!! the only thing I noticed was a pratt on a big bike making lots of unneccasary noise ermm.gif

really its not the new kawa advt ? <deleted> ..... ok ok here is the test for Thailand ... HD in Thailand = chick magnet ..... Kawa in Thailand = deaf people and katoeys cheesy.gif

lol very funny love it, deaf people like quiet bikes?? surely if they are deaf they would like any bike even a tractor!! katoeys like Kawasaki's I think katoes are uninterested in what bike you have they are more interested in other things. I must get myself a huge Donkey, lol get it HD, so HD's are chick magnets all big bikes attract girls.

Edited by kawapower