As A Business Owner Are You Feeling That The Low Season Has Started?

Seringa

Lol. Back on topic, I am enjoying not having so many tourists clogging up the roads, so bring on the low season after two months of nearly non stop rain.

Yes its really nice now..that was quite a rainy spell we just went through huh...but still quite a few tourists in pockets around the place.

Jungceylon is fairly busy day and night..more than previous years IMO

Have a friend who has a few spa type massage shops and this season is way busier than previous seasons...others complaining about lack of custom....

Phuket in general, but western and southern areas have seen a huge change in visitor stats...i see more couples/families, many many more chinese and koreans???and a lot of middle eastern types this far into the low season than last...

For me, business has picked up in June, hotels fully booked every night. But I had to do some Google SEO to increase my room bookings, as well as reducing room rates more than I would like to do. But some money is better than no money smile.png

Edited by simon43

To address the original topic, we have never been as busy, what low season.? It has been said that Phuket has 2 seasons, the LOW season and the NO season. The high season that is rumoured to exist is possibly like " when is it summer in London." Oh you mean what day was it. Apologies to the Poms, I digress.

Possible reason is that we are not involved directly with tourist numbers per se, but rather resident expats and their friends who come to visit. Russians also form a large part of our customer base. We are not affected by mass market tourism and being dependant on " sunshine look alike " tour buses pulling up and disgorging loads of ( hard to describe accurately without being banned ) .........hit-the-fan.gifpatrons, I mean spectators, gawkers, tire kickers, whatever handle you wish to give them, I think you know what I mean, with empty wallets.

Russians are quite often mentioned as undesirable tourists, maybe if they fit into the mass market as above but it has been our experience with the ones we meet, if you give them respect and the service they rightfully ask and pay for, they will be customers for life. Not the biggest tippers but better than the French. Say there's a new topic waiting to be unleashed. Someone please take up the cudgel and flog a beatdeadhorse.gif and vote who is the worst nationality.

No better not, could earn some posters a ' holiday.' for speaking the truth.

Been a big day, G'night all.

Edited by sportsman69
  • Like 1

I don't have any local or direct Thai customers and therefore the seasons does not really affect to me. Sometimes slow, sometimes hitting the keyboard like hell. Normally just sitting on the patio and trying to thing solutions for own and customer problems. Good for fairly lazy person.

OK, my original post was deleted, so see if i can explain my business without a delete. Most successful small businesses in Patong!!!!!, i think thats got it in a nut shell, hope that keeps steelpulse happy.

I think the Mod missed the point and information i was trying to get across, it's like winning at the Olympics, i'd want to know how as a rival it was done, So to answer the OP question, every day is busy and getting more busy.

Edited by britpop

For me, business has picked up in June, hotels fully booked every night. But I had to do some Google SEO to increase my room bookings, as well as reducing room rates more than I would like to do. But some money is better than no money smile.png

Haha has anybody ever heard a Thai say this? Maybe a few more Thai's should be thinking along these lines, then they might be able to profit like yourself!!

I was in Phuket in May and Patong was v busy still. Kata, Karon, and Kamala were quiet but not dead. My friends in Kamala tell me it is proper dead now though.

Correct, dead anywhere north of Patong