Which Wireless Modem For House Plus 30M Garden

THAIPHUKET

To answer your question, there are a few options. I will also assume your house is one story as you never mentioned it was two.

If you just want the option of replacing one router with a better one, then this would be your best bet D-Link DIR-655 XTREME N GIGABIT ROUTER.

The above router is designed for max speed and coverage. It might be anywhere between 3-5k baht thou.

Your second option would be to buy an additional Wireless Access Point, which are 1-1.7k.

The 2nd WAP would be connected to your main router either via cable or wireless repeating mode. (Repeating mode just repeats the singal and puts it out again at its location, but at cost. Which is half the speed of the signal your WAP is getting from the base station. If you want to know more about wireless repeating google it smile.png )

But if you want the best performance out of your network, run a cable from the base station to a spot outside your house or garden and connect it to your 2nd WAP.

Hope this helps your network issue :)

Edited by Sayonarax

Perfect answer, because it really helps to understand. The speed reduction caused by a 2nd WAP is easily overlooked in sales talks. I think I would go bananas trying to figure out what is wrong with little chance of getting to the cause .thanks a million. It´s a 2 story house. I will follow your advice and get the D-Link DIR-655 XTREME N GIGABIT ROUTER.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In usa I have read about them connecting router to second router through the house electric wires rather than with ethernet or wireless repeater. It's a device that plugs into the power outlets. Do they have those in thailand?

Thanks

In usa I have read about them connecting router to second router through the house electric wires rather than with ethernet or wireless repeater. It's a device that plugs into the power outlets. Do they have those in thailand?

Thanks

Not seem them here but just order direct ?

http://www.mactrast.com/2012/03/review-powerline-networking-adapter-by-trendnet/

Any wireless offering "N" should be a big improvement. I changed to a TP-Link TD-W8960N more than a year ago and found it much better than 3 different pre "N" units I had previously (D-Link, Linksys and another).

Thanks

Not seem them here but just order direct ?

http://www.mactrast.com/2012/03/review-powerline-networking-adapter-by-trendnet/

u

Will these work with the different electric system here in thailand? If yes these seem like a great solution.