Price Of Naam Manow Going Up?

Grawburg

Those are actually limes, not lemons. They've been unusually expensive lately. Perhaps a bag of 600 limes 800 is over 1,000 baht. Lower quality, perhaps bottom line 500 baht now.

A year ago, more or less, one could buy a large bag of limes for less than 100 baht. Of course it all depends on quality, and the bigger and the more juice, the more expensive. The prices on many produce items go up and down quite dramatically here. It's amazing we don't see vendors raising and lowering their prices more in response to that.

I bought a chaa-manaoo yesterday, and the vendor mentioned the expense of limes. He also used just one lime in my drink, and it was weak tasting. I'd rather pay a little more and get a good drink. So, be glad you vendor is passing on the price increase and not just giving you a watery drink for the old price!

There is definitely NO shortage of manoa (limes) whatsoever. If you go out to the big fruit/veg market past Rangsit they have huge sacks weighing 20 kg each 400 baht/ sack.. Large A quality too. Probably about 1.50 baht each wholesale. Someones making a killing.

Gee ... we paid 7Baht each for a small bag from Makro a few days ago ... Rangsit isn't far away ... so it's a ride out to there next time ... thanks

The price of limes always goes up this time of year, simply because (i think) they don't grow as well in the hot season, a month after the first rain falls they will fall in price. By October they will be down to their normal cheap price.