My Retirement Plan

billyboy

I didnt know where to stick this topic,so i put it here where most of you are normal average blokes instead of the business section or the gay section.

Anyway im planing my retirement,im 35yo earn about $60000 to $80000 per year depending on overtime and own 2 units valued at $100 000 each and have a mortgage on a house.Im thinking of retiring at 55yo.

I worked out this goal,once i achieved this i should be able to retire.

Own my own condo in Pattaya Benefits are no rent to pay.

Money for car-

cash lump sum for emergencies- $200 000

retirement monthly income from australia -about 50 000 b per month,having 300 000 dollars cash investment,drawing out 50 000 b per month should last me 20 years.

Buy a small business for additional small income

keep a house in Australia for emergencies

buy 2 small condos for additional income in Thailand

But now im thinking of changing my goals and borrowing from the bank to buy a commercial shophouse with 6 rooms on top in Pattaya for 5 million baht which returns 50000 b per month in rent.

I could pay it off over 10 years. I have to start planing now.

Hello billyboy,

Am I right that you only will own the building but not the ground under it? Or are you Thai national? Me think it would be better you look for a similar deal in Australia, more expensive, better quality less risky and payed off in 20 years, just in time for your retirement :o

Patex

"own 2 units valued at $100 000 each "

Just out of intrest Billyboy, where are these units located?

Zeehan on the west coast of Tassie or Uluru in the NT. :o

No need to be Sarcastic mate :D plenty of units in the 100k range on the sunshine coast ,and if he bought like we did 5 years ago , a modern 3 bedroom fully fitted bungalow on Bribie Island 63,500bucks , a great investment , hard to get this quality now under 300k, nignoy

No need to be Sarcastic mate :D plenty of units in the 100k range on the sunshine coast ,and if he bought like we did 5 years ago , a modern 3 bedroom fully fitted bungalow on Bribie Island 63,500bucks , a great investment , hard to get this quality now under 300k, nignoy

Not sarcastic at all Nignoy, Billyboy stated "valued at 100K" I assume that means at the time of his post. Not 5 years ago. If you can find a 100K unit on the Sunshine coast (that is not in a caravan park or 100 klms inland) send me the info. and I will be back tomorrow and buy it. Are you sure it was 5 years ago that you picked up your "bargain" on Bribie Isl. That was about the same time I sold at Beachmere and moved to the Island with a view to buy. At the time, the cheapest house on the island was $72500. Although cheaper homes/units/annexed caravans where avaliable, I was looking for a 3 bedroom house. I ended up buying a property in Bellara, but rented a unit at Banksia Beach. I spent a lot of time and a little bit of money renovating the house in Bellara. Unfortunately, I ended up selling it just before the "Boom" I still made a healthy profit though :D You are correct in you assumption of the 300K properties on Bribie Island. I remember a waterfront (Pumicestone Passage) block of land selling for $1million about 3 years ago :D Just out of intrest Niqnoy, where is you bungalow on Bribie, Bellara, Banksia, White Patch, Bongaree, Pacific Harbour, Red beach, Woorim :D

Anyone aged 35 so desperately planning their retirement in LOS for twenty years hence in such attempted detail must be one pitiable, sorry individual suffering a miserable existence.

Sad... :D

There again, it could be an attention-seeking troll (or both). :o

I didnt know where to stick this topic,so i put it here where most of you are normal average blokes instead of the business section or the gay section.

Anyway im planing my retirement,im 35yo earn about $60000 to $80000 per year depending on overtime and own 2 units valued at $100 000 each and have a mortgage on a house.Im thinking of retiring at 55yo.

Money for car-

retirement monthly income from australia -about 50 000 b per month,having 300 000 dollars cash investment,drawing out 50 000 b per month should last me 20 years.

But now im thinking of changing my goals and borrowing from the bank to buy a commercial shophouse with 6 rooms on top in Pattaya for 5 million baht which returns 50000 b per month in rent.

We'll all be booted out long before then so I wouldn't go making any solid plans yet. :o

Billy is Billy, he is not a troll as such. We like to think of Billy as a diversion :o

Billy has been throwing ideas around concerning business in LoS for a while. I like it as the answers that come always either make me laugh, or give me insight.

Don't let em get to ya Billy, I am on your side mate (Being of the same age group and all)...

BTW I have asked this before but you didn't answer. Is the flag representing your heritage? or your philosophies?

Billy is Billy, he is not a troll as such. We like to think of Billy as a diversion  :o

Billy has been throwing ideas around concerning business in LoS for a while. I like it as the answers that come always either make me laugh, or give me insight.

Don't let em get to ya Billy, I am on your side mate (Being of the same age group and all)...

BTW I have asked this before but you didn't answer. Is the flag representing your heritage? or your philosophies?

In vintage Billyboy style, it's one post... the opening post... and then.................

nadda.... zilch....

which is why so many questions, as yours, have gone unanswered, even through a series of different threads....

:D

I agree his threads can be entertaining...

but often they start so inanely, as to have people think "why bother?"... same as this one... I, and several others, have noted he's talking about 20 YEARS from now...

:D:D

Some of his threads have gone off sideways and every other way and turned into some great posts...

jackr Posted 2005-12-27 23:10:55

We'll all be booted out long before then so I wouldn't go making any solid plans yet.

That's this thread's best one thus far.... :D:D :D

that'll just be billyboy's style of luck.... just as he's scrimped and saved and slaved for 20 years in Oz in order to retire and live out his life in total contentment and extremely comfortable in Thailand,.... foreigners won't be allowed to stay...

Hahahahahahahaha...

*edit*.... errr, just realized something....for the quotee..

there will be an exception grandfathered in to allow those to stay for anyone having established roots in Sriracha as of 2003, ok?

Edited by sriracha john

Money for car-

:o billyboy with your expertise in financial planning you should give up that job for 60-80k and utilize your obvious talent for retirement planning.....I've a friend who does it and from what he tells me you can easily make 150k especially with your natural endowment! :D

Rate my retirement plan!

Plan A:

Quit school and work for 8 years for E1500 a month bruto.

Net income: 1500 * 8 * 13 * 1/3 = E104.000

Savings: E700

Possesions: E2000 (street price)

Total: E106.700 = 5.3 million baht

Plan B:

Finish school, earn E4000/month for 5 years. Get more extras

Total income: 4000 * 5 * 13 * 1/3 = E173.333

Money for study: 100 * 5 * 12 = E6000

Bonus completing study: E2000

Tota:  E176.833 = 8.8 million baht

Plan A lets me retire when I'm 27 and Plan B lets me retire around age 30 more or less. 5-9 million baht sounds risky but atleast with plan B I have a degree and with plan A I have more fun in my life. Cause you never know what happens in the future. Better have fun now then end up dead tommorow. I'll probally invest the 5-9 million in business or get interest over it. Sounds good plan??? Rate my retirement plan on the scale of 1-10. 10 = highest, thank you

*cough*

Rate my retirement plan!

Plan A:

Plan B:

Plan A lets me retire when I'm 27 and Plan B lets me retire around age 30 more or less. 5-9 million baht sounds risky but atleast with plan B I have a degree and with plan A I have more fun in my life. Cause you never know what happens in the future. Better have fun now then end up dead tommorow. I'll probally invest the 5-9 million in business or get interest over it. Sounds good plan??? Rate my retirement plan on the scale of 1-10. 10 = highest, thank you

*cough*

No need to rate. Both plans are terrible.

Stay in school and get ur education than work muuuuchhhhh longer than 5 years becuz 10 million baht will not last you very long if you want to live mildly comfortable.

don't forget about all the extra expenses you'll have ie: cars, beer, women, women children(s), the women family & family friends...blah blah blah :o

Rate my retirement plan!

Plan A:

Plan B:

*cough*

No need to rate. Both plans are terrible.

Stay in school and get ur education than work muuuuchhhhh longer than 5 years becuz 10 million baht will not last you very long if you want to live mildly comfortable.

don't forget about all the extra expenses you'll have ie: cars, beer, women, women children(s), the women family & family friends...blah blah blah :o

ummmm Boys too. :D

Not sarcastic at all Nignoy, Billyboy stated "valued at 100K" I assume that means at the time of his post. Not 5 years ago. If you can find a 100K unit on the Sunshine coast (that is not in a caravan park or 100 klms inland) send me the info. and I will be back tomorrow and buy it. Are you sure it was 5 years ago that you picked up your "bargain" on Bribie Isl. That was about the same time I sold at Beachmere and moved to the Island with a view to buy. At the time, the cheapest house on the island was $72500. Although cheaper homes/units/annexed caravans where avaliable, I was looking for a 3 bedroom house. I ended up buying a property in Bellara, but rented a unit at Banksia Beach. I spent a lot of time and a little bit of money renovating the house in Bellara. Unfortunately, I ended up selling it just before the "Boom" I still made a healthy profit though :D You are correct in you assumption of the 300K properties on Bribie Island. I remember a waterfront (Pumicestone Passage) block of land selling for $1million about 3 years ago :D Just out of intrest Niqnoy, where is you bungalow on Bribie, Bellara, Banksia, White Patch, Bongaree, Pacific Harbour, Red beach, Woorim :D

In Bongaree near the bowls club, there are houses still to be bought on Bribie for under 300,000, it got too crazy on the island ,so we use that house as a rental property ,we own another property in Ningi where we prefer to live when we are in australia,there are more than 2000 houses at any one time for sale on the island, and pebble beach sandstone point has grown from 200 houses to 3,500 in the last 5 years it now practically joins Beachmere . As far as units around 100k, quite a few in Caboolture, and even some in Redcliffe . nignoy

Agree with your sentiments about Bribie and surrounds going / gone crazy. It amazes me each and every time I make it back to Gods country :D Or as Bribie is often refered to, Gods waiting room :D:D I am not sure about yourself Nignoy, but I wouldnt class either Redcliffe or Caboolture as the Sunshine coast. And I certainly would not like to live in either as well :o Now Ningi, thats a different proposition. Have they made any progress with the By-pass road as yet? Watch the prices increase even more if they do :D

Anyone aged 35 so desperately planning their retirement in LOS for twenty years hence in such attempted detail must be one pitiable, sorry individual suffering a miserable existence.

Sad... :D

There again, it could be an attention-seeking troll (or both). :o

I have been living in LOS since my late 20s and now at 34 yo I am all ready plaining my retirement makes good sense to me

in 20 years time LOS could be a very dramatically different place to now.

it may not be feasible. climate change and lack of gas/gasolene prices , thai hating farangs ,too hot, economic collapse and inequality , many possible scenarios.

Bird Flu may have ravaged asia ,even mutant homicidal gangs of katoeys ......communial jumping off balconies by farangs ....

gangs of Chuwits demolishing bars everywhere etc

Agree with your sentiments about Bribie and surrounds going / gone crazy. It amazes me each and every time I make it back to Gods country :D  Or as Bribie is often refered to, Gods waiting room :D  :D I am not sure about yourself Nignoy, but I wouldnt class either Redcliffe or Caboolture as the Sunshine coast. And I certainly would not like to live in either as well :o  Now Ningi, thats a different proposition. Have they made any progress with the By-pass road as yet? Watch the prices increase even more if they do :D

No joy on the bypass yet, the new traffic lights at pebblebeach junction with B.I. road been open a week ,3 RTA,s already ,PM me next time you are in the area, if you are looking for a place to stay!! we are always looking for housesitters for Ningi :D nignoy

Anyone aged 35 so desperately planning their retirement in LOS for twenty years hence in such attempted detail must be one pitiable, sorry individual suffering a miserable existence

Your right I do lead a miserable life,I work so i can go to Thailand,i work so i can eventually retire there.I dont waste my money on drinking piss here in Aussie land ,i try to save so i can go to Thailand at least 3 times a year whilst saving money for retirement.

Yes i am planning now,what should i do,plan when im 50 yo?

I want to be able to know i am able to pay a house or unit off ready to sell for my retirement in 20 years,yes im planing now.If i waited until i was 45 and went to borrow money to buy investment units it would be too late.

I want to retire as soon as possible at least 55yo.I have 20 years.Who knows in 20 years there maybe no old age pension.

Yes im putting more money now into my superanuation fund.

Secondly who says you cant get units for under 100k.

Go to www.realestate.com.au

I bought them in 2002 anyway. Try the major towns in the Riverina area.

You can buy 2 bedroom units in Sydneys Bankstown,cabbramatta etc still for $150000.Will your tenants pay the rent there is a gamble. You can buy 2 bedroom units in Bathurst,Orange,Wagga still for under 100k.You can buy a 2 bedroom unit in Sydneys Campelltown for 130 000.

I can buy 2 bedroom units in Tweed Heads for as low as 155k.

Yes im planning now,I need to know exactly how much i would need to achieve the goal,and buying a condo in Pattaya plus a small business ,selling my investment units , and drawing a monthly income from my future superanuation are all in my plans,i dont want to end up like some of you BUMS living off the old age pension and probaly renting out your Govt owned house.

Edited by billyboy

Billy It seems like you are doing quite well where you are. You shouldn't have a problem retiring here if the laws for foreigners residing in Thailand remain the same. Keep saving/investing as you are and you will have it good when you are here. Watch out for Thai ladies though. Way too many well off guys come here only to blow all their savings on a woman or to have a woman take it all away from them.

To be honest Billy I'd say most foreigner's savings don't compare to what you have (some have literally nothing and manage to survive here) so don't worry.

Agree with your sentiments about Bribie and surrounds going / gone crazy. It amazes me each and every time I make it back to Gods country :D  Or as Bribie is often refered to, Gods waiting room :D  :D I am not sure about yourself Nignoy, but I wouldnt class either Redcliffe or Caboolture as the Sunshine coast. And I certainly would not like to live in either as well :o  Now Ningi, thats a different proposition. Have they made any progress with the By-pass road as yet? Watch the prices increase even more if they do :D

No joy on the bypass yet, the new traffic lights at pebblebeach junction with B.I. road been open a week ,3 RTA,s already ,PM me next time you are in the area, if you are looking for a place to stay!! we are always looking for housesitters for Ningi :D nignoy

Thanks for the kind and generous offer Nignoy :D Even though I am here 95% of the time, I still maintain a unit on Bribie. The oldies/sisters/extended family and hanger-oners use it most of the time. Especially around Xmas and Easter :D:burp: As long as its spotless when I do get back, I dont mind :D

"Secondly who says you cant get units for under 100k."

Nobody said your couldnt, Billyboy. And I for one, was only asking where your 100K investment units where :D To be honest with you, my original train of thought, was that you had understated the real value of them. But now I see you are talking about Wagga Wagga, Orange and Bathurst........... :o