What Kind Of Scooter To Buy.....

CiaranO

Cheers for the replies.......I do like the look of the Elegance but you are probably right about the ease of resale, parts etc............I have seen the PCX and it looks awesome.....but a little out of my price bracket I think. Got to stick to the budget ....lol.........So I guess I will go with the click then............or any other suggestions ???

Actually I did not want to buy another Honda after being disappointed by the Wave 110 and delighted by the Kawasaki Z130, but the PCX 150 will be the next under my a$$. Ordered already in Phuket Town, delivery in about two weeks. The salesman at Honda Patong was just unpolite and nasty...

Bought a Click about a year ago for a friend, the bike is happy going, no problem except a broken tail light bulb, some oil changes in between, but that's it. I would prefer the Click instead of a Yamaha - but the real way would be the new PCX.

Click is better than Nuovo in my opinion, for the reasons stated above; build quality, resale value, availability of parts.

Only thing I find is that they are a bit small. If you are a big person, you may look a bit silly on one! (I saw an extremely large man on one. Looked like he had a bit of plastic wedged in his butt cheeks)

I'm a Wave man myself. Wheel diameter is larger than a Click, parts are available anywhere. No, really, anywhere. And I just prefer manual gears over automatic. I also like the convenience of having a basket. I've been riding bikes for 20+ years now and the Wave never ceases to amaze me. Always starts, can do over 100mpg if driven carefully. My current Wave is 5 years old, 66k kilometers, and the only non-consumable part I've replaced is the kick start lever.

New tax and insurance was 500baht for the year. Servicing is of the order of 150 baht every 2 months.

Truly an engineering marvel !

Any Honda manual, just for availability of parts and it's familiarity with mechanics.

PCX is a lovely looking bike, but, it's width loses you the advantage of getting to the front of the queue at traffic lights.

PS. Don't forget to buy a red bike. They go faster.