Australian Wine

media

Does anyone know where I can buy some Very full bodied Big Bold Ausy Red Wines at a reasonable price?

Penfolds is now available in supermarkets, but they want 2000 baht for 2010 Bin 2 (in my opinion the new vintage Bin2's are just supermarket wine nothing special)

There must be someone selling High end Ausy wines in Thailand?

WildDuck-2489.JPG?m=1322610476

43344771.jpg

In Pattaya, Friendship has a large range.

In BKK, there is a shop just opposite soi 4(nana) next to starbucks, they also have a large range

thanks but Im talking about high end big bold full body smooth gourmet Ausy wines, not 3 or 5 Ltr bag in box or bargain supermarket deals.

In Pattaya, Friendship has a large range.

In BKK, there is a shop just opposite soi 4(nana) next to starbucks, they also have a large range

thanks but Im talking about high end big bold full body smooth gourmet Ausy wines, not 3 or 5 Ltr bag in box or bargain supermarket deals.

That is what i understood :)

Both Friendship and other shop in BKK carry a good range of Oz wine the high end also(Hardy's, Jacobs Creek, Brown Brothers, etc)

That shop in BKK opposite Nana ONLY has the "more expansive" range

Check it out if you have a chance.

I'm coming over to Bangkok soon and can bring a Cask if you are interested?

post-104736-0-27951200-1335944746_thumb.

What do you like in Cask wine?

You are limited to bringing 1L of alcohol into the country. They rarely hold you to it, but when they decide they want to nail you, it's not good.

You are limited to bringing 1L of alcohol into the country. They rarely hold you to it, but when they decide they want to nail you, it's not good.

Maybe he can put come coke labels on the box and breeze through. Should work wonders right until the hoards of "Coke / Coke zero gone" TV posters see him clutching it ..... Armageddon time then I fear

Anyway, as the OP has disappeared, I am not sure it is so much a question go there not being any "high end" Aussie wines, but just that they are too pricey for him. Does he understand the concept of import tax? Besides I tried a few drop of Thai Wine at some expo in the QS recently and that knocked spots off of most of the aussie stuffs I've been introduced to under the auspices of being "high end"

• Like 1

Maybe he can put come coke labels on the box and breeze through. Should work wonders right until the hoards of "Coke / Coke zero gone" TV posters see him clutching it ..... Armageddon time then I fear

Anyway, as the OP has disappeared, I am not sure it is so much a question go there not being any "high end" Aussie wines, but just that they are too pricey for him. Does he understand the concept of import tax? Besides I tried a few drop of Thai Wine at some expo in the QS recently and that knocked spots off of most of the aussie stuffs I've been introduced to under the auspices of being "high end"

I always stayed pretty loyal to European wines before moving to Australia. Have to say there are some remarkable award winning wines over here.

Grays on line $3.50 a bottle with free delivery and very drinkable.

No thanks to cartons of wine.

Just quietly ... if you look at the OP's history (which I did before my Cask post) 90 odd posts and 30 topics.

Might be a wee while before we find him posting again here.

cdnvic ... thanks for the reminder

• 1 month later...

so could you give us the name of this thai wine or would that be too helpful?

It all comes out as piss in the end....so really whats the use.

Well if you look at it in terms of, in our lifetime we will only consume a finite quantity of wine, that being the case you may as well consume good ones that you like.

But I do understand your logicthumbsup.gif

Heathcote.... I didn't think it was a renowned wine district

I can't see in Wikipedia either http://en.wikipedia....New_South_Wales

But tell me when this stuff is cheap and where - this is excellent

Never saw this beauty in any Duty Free shop at the border.

Just the BIN707, but that cost around thb4,800.-/bottle.

smallbiz_main_grange_20120229113022611143-420x0.jpg

I doubt you'll find the Grange in a duty free shop on the border.

The recommended retail price in Australia for the latest vintage (2007) is 625 AUD!

If you can find a bottle of the 1952 it may cost upwards of 40,000 AUDs.

Heathcote.... I didn't think it was a renowned wine district

I can't see in Wikipedia either http://en.wikipedia....New_South_Wales

But tell me when this stuff is cheap and where - this is excellent

Never saw this beauty in any Duty Free shop at the border.

Just the BIN707, but that cost around thb4,800.-/bottle.

smallbiz_main_grange_20120229113022611143-420x0.jpg

I doubt you'll find the Grange in a duty free shop on the border.

The recommended retail price in Australia for the latest vintage (2007) is 625 AUD!

If you can find a bottle of the 1952 it may cost upwards of 40,000 AUDs.

Wonder if there is a market for copies..

• 2 weeks later...

Villa Mkt has lots of great Oz wine. The prices are beyond ridiculous. Oz stuff that costs me $10 in the States is 2000B. Paid 1400 for a Ringbolt Cab - thought that was a deal for Thailand. If you're in BKK, sitting and drinking - Zaks Wine Bar on Soi 11 sells Peter Lehman Shiraz for around 200/glass. Consequently I go there a lot. The Wine Bar at the Pullman has good deals certain nights too. Otherwise it's dam_n near worth flying to PNH just for the wine ! jts

Edited by jakethesnake