Nespresso Coffeemachines And Capsules

kalbo123

For all you Nespresso lovers, Central department store sells now the machines and the capsules for a very good cup of coffee.

I bought my machine years ago back in Europe and let every visitor bring in some capsules.

I think I have to continue doing so, since the prices are insane.

Machine: from 17.900 Baht. (in Europe E119,00) about 4800 Baht)

Capsules from 400 Baht. (in Europe from E3,20) about 130 Baht)

But if you have the money and you like good coffee.......

Cheers.

Why spend such an exorbitant amount on a capsule machine and be locked into buying very expensive coffee? They're convenient, I know, but ideally suited to multiple-user locales, eg: the office, where no-one likes to make noise grinding, and mess cleaning out used grounds.

A basic Krups espresso/cappucino machine can be bought for ~ 10k Bt and you can choose any brand of coffee beans at the local Supermarket.

Why spend such an exorbitant amount on a capsule machine and be locked into buying very expensive coffee? They're convenient, I know, but ideally suited to multiple-user locales, eg: the office, where no-one likes to make noise grinding, and mess cleaning out used grounds.

A basic Krups espresso/cappucino machine can be bought for ~ 10k Bt and you can choose any brand of coffee beans at the local Supermarket.

I guess it is horses for courses, freedom of choice etc. I switched form having the classic kind of machine to a Cremesso capsule machine a while back. THB 11000 from Boncafe and the capsules are a bit less expensive too. What I like apart froonm the choice of many different blends is the convenience an lack of need to clear away spent grounds etc. It is my choice to spend my money what I like so please don't knock it

• Like 2

I thought it would be only a matter of time before Nespresso exploded on to the Thai market. It instead somehow appears to have meandered accidentally into one or two central stores. Central Chid Lom in Bangkok also sells them, thats the only place in Bangkok I know of whereas illy machines appear with relative ubiquity.

Horses for courses indeed - I rate my Nepsresso machine highly, the 'horse for course' in my case is how my filly can at the touch of a single button make a cup of coffee the quality of which is comparable only to those machines in which a great deal of effort and / or cost is required to achieve the same results.

I find the selection of capsules wide enough (with about 16 cru choices), I expect more might come. The capsules when purchased in Thailand are expensive, however, at 40B for a great cup of coffee made in such trouble free manner its worth it.

I've not yet paid that much though, I purchased my machine in HongKong for about B7000 equivalent and with it capsules at about B20 each.

I have since loaded up on capsules in Singapore, bringing some 50 strips (cartons of 10 back), which at about SG$10 each (or there about) works out at about B25 for a cup of great coffee.

This horse likes this course and has had many other coffees from various machines from fully automatic to the manual expresso type - one is too costly, the other takes too much effort.

I am also sure that at some point someone can and will engineer a re-useable nespresso pod which will please those who grind and make their own coffee - but for some, myself included, the convenience of a capsule at such high quality rules.

Do my above comments come with much bias?... Indeed, I was supping on a great Indrya at the time of writing !...

• Like 2

As stated, Central appears to be the main outlet for both the machines, and the capsules in Thailand. And the prices are as stated. One thing I found interesting, but not sure if it is 'approved' by Nespresso, is the option to buy empty capsules with sealing lids, so you can make your own capsiles, using your favourite coffee of choice..? They are offering this option at my local Central store. Anyway, I agree it gives a great brew, and is well worth the price, if you can afford it.