Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Good response from Bob, maybe it would be better if you posted the full response, as you mentioned the bank books was there a financial element that they missed?

I agree that you might be better opening your own thread, I suspect Visa Plus will offer some good advice.

Edit - VP writes quicker than me.

Not saying it's the case, as I don't know, but a 5 bedroom house with 20 people already living in it wouldn't meet the accommodation requirements!

It is not enough to show how many rooms the accommodation has, you also need to say who, if anyone, is already living there.

It also depends, of course, on the number of applicant's and others intending to move in.

None of which we know, and we wont know unless teletiger posts the full refusal notice.

There will be 3 of us staying here, including my wife, as per the statement inside the application.

I'm actually in England at the moment, so everything is second hand. It seems that we did not get all of our documents back, which might go a long way to explain some of the bizarre statements made on the refusal. We certainly didn't get any of our UK bank letters back.

I'm now wondering if the whole application actually went to the Consulate.

regards.

edit: The application was settlement, old rules, submitted 7th July.

Edited by teletiger

What about the people that can't afford a mortgage deposit and are living at home to save up. Is the government going to re home them due to over crowding .

People ask me why I hate this country ...

Don't quote me but if they refuse you they keep the papers as a record. I'm prob wrong but that's my understanding.

Don't quote me but if they refuse you they keep the papers as a record. I'm prob wrong but that's my understanding.

You are wrong, you have been misinformed.

The UKBA guidelines regarding documents advise that documents submitted should be original and a copy should be provided, if you don't provide copies the original may be retained.

I will not quote you, but I will quote the UKBA

For every document that you provide, you must include the original document and a photocopy. This includes a copy of your passport bio-data page (the page containing your photograph). Please ensure that the photocopies are of good quality and can be read easily. If you do not provide a photocopy of each document, we might not return your original documents to you.

Yesssssss!!

Applied for Fiance (settlement classed) VISA on the 16/7/12 (new rules) and collected the passport with an approved VISA inside today 13/9/12.

No contact from anyone in that time and just a few days short of two months for the wait.

Thanks to all the VISA veterans posting useful advice on here - this forum has been my sole source of info and saved me a fortune on agents fees or rejected applications.

Good luck everyone still waiting... :)

Kiggs, they sent an email first stating that at decision had been made and that the passport would be ready for collection from the embassy in four days and we'd find out then. Like I already stated above, I couldnt get the VFS tracker to work for me, I dont know if thats because it was a cambodian application or because the website is a bit flakey.

O ye mate I had seen your post just didn't click.

I can get the vfs site to work no probs but its always the same for us. "Your visa has been bla bla bla " It has to be our time soon. Starting to think we are going to get refused,even more so now after looking at teletigers posts!

Getting sick of seeing this everyday

APET/2*0*12/2*6***/*

Your visa application has been forwarded to the British Embassy : 20 Jul 2012

I'm sure its going to come back refused. Its taking way to long compaired to the current trend.

Is there any way to chase it up or just a case of sit down and shut up?

We are both beside ourselves with worry.

We are that convinced that its going to fail we are looking at what I can do over there.

I was going to open a shop but talking to you guys about it made me think twice, plus I don't think its an option where we live. So that leaves teach or farm! She has the land,well enough for a small pig set up as before (her father not me) or I get down the local school with my best shirt on.

What a mess!

Edited by Kiggs

Getting sick of seeing this everyday

APET/2*0*12/2*6***/*

Your visa application has been forwarded to the British Embassy : 20 Jul 2012

I'm sure its going to come back refused. Its taking way to long compaired to the current trend.

Is there any way to chase it up or just a case of sit down and shut up?

We are both beside ourselves with worry.

We are that convinced that its going to fail we are looking at what I can do over there.

I was going to open a shop but talking to you guys about it made me think twice, plus I don't think its an option where we live. So that leaves teach or farm! She has the land,well enough for a small pig set up as before (her father not me) or I get down the local school with my best shirt on.

What a mess!

You are now in your 9th working week. The embassy state it can take upto 12 working weeks. Be patient I'm sure you will get the answer you want.

Unfortunately for me I was refused. But I'm with my family so that's what matters to me.

Regards

MrZM

I agree Kiggs, frustrating as it is, you have to let it take it's course, worrying isn't going to help, easy for me to say I know, and don't read anything into it.

The UKBA staff are busy at the moment with Student applications, this has probably lead to all other visa types suffering a delay in processing.

we have been waiting since the 2nd july.my wife had a phone call on the 14th aug saying that i had to send more documents which i faxed through on the 20th aug.Have not had any contact since.We have been ill with worry but now realize worrying is not going to help matters,

Edited by prapha

We have had nothing no calls bugger all.

What's getting me is that ppl have had word back and they submitted after us. I would understand if there was a problem and like you I needed to submit more crap.

I just over think everything or should I say just think the worst all the time.

Going the shop to buy a bottle of Jack D that might help lol.

kiggs,not sure if the jack d route is the way forward,i tried that and made me feel more paranoid.lol Have been beating myself up for weeks now but at the end of the day the ukba have the power to say yes or no and we cant do nothing but wait.hopefully we will both have some good news soon

You just have to try and be patient... As tempting as it is, I would not read anything into the delay. It could be longer than other peoples applications for a number of reasons - maybe they are waiting for verification of some of your details from a bank or employer or something to come back, or maybe they are using your application for new trainee and he's very slowly picking his way through it. Who knows?

Good luck.

We have been waiting all day and it didnt turn up. Im in the uk atm and was up at 4am!!! will be the same tomorrow i think.Will be glad when all this is over for a yew mths.

NVM give her 6mths and we can start to move back to Thailand. She will hate the Sunny NorthWest smile.png but she wants to see what its all about so who am i to argue! Christ you cant argue with an English woman there is even less chance with a woman that changes the language half way through smile.png

Edited by Kiggs

Visa applied for 7/9/12 here we go guys Im joining the waiting game, Im thinking mid October if Im lucky, fingers crossed and good luck to all my fellow waiters !! a wise old man once said " the longer the climb the better the view " well im not sure about the wise bit but I said anyway biggrin.png