Thailand Needs Cricket

L is for Ladyboy Cricket. A soon to be popular pursuit in Thailand

I still get a little confused sometimes with Ladyboys. Would they, or would they not, have to wear a box?

A few drinks and we all get confused with the Ladyboys. blink.png... or maybe just me

I think it would depend if they were pre op or post op re the box.

Kevjohn has already volunteered to check the bona fides of all players pre match thumbsup.gif

Coffee in one hand....the other hand the tester.

Indeed, I think a pre-op ladyboy (who feels that the male reproductive organ is the root cause of their personal mental suffering) would not feel the need to wear a box (and maybe would even bat with an unusual straight on stance with legs wide apart and bat held high). A post-op ladyboy, on the other hand (who feels a sense of pride for their new carnal arrangement) may well feel the need to protect the surgeon's handy-work by wearing a box (and is likely to take an equally unusual stance facing more towards the off-side).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still get a little confused sometimes with Ladyboys. Would they, or would they not, have to wear a box?

A few drinks and we all get confused with the Ladyboys. blink.png... or maybe just me

Kevjohn has already volunteered to check the bona fides of all players pre match thumbsup.gif

Indeed, I think a pre-op ladyboy (who feels that the male reproductive organ is the root cause of their personal mental suffering) would not feel the need to wear a box (and maybe would even bat with an unusual straight on stance with legs wide apart and bat held high). A post-op ladyboy, on the other hand (who feels a sense of pride for their new carnal arrangement) may well feel the need to protect the surgeon's handy-work by wearing a box (and is likely to take an equally unusual stance facing more towards the off-side).

I believe ya Boss.....smile.pngsad.pngermm.gif

For me the issue of the LadyBoy does not arise ... because they are as much a part of Thai Society as the Somtom Lady .. so hence my acceptance.

HOWEVER ... post-104736-0-56241100-1340077356_thumb.

I would have liked some input into selecting the Lady representing Australia.

And helped Miss Chaina with her spelling.

Another example of how we can assist raising the (English) literacy of the Thai people

Edited by David48

It all seems so back-to-front from what I am familiar with. In my part of the world, it's those of us who have a package wear the protection, and those of us who don't, well, don't have to.

Still, I can see some merit in what you say about pre-op ladyboys not wearing a box. Getting squared-up by a delivery from the likes of D.K. Lillee whilst not wearing one might eliminate the need for such costly operation.

It all seems so back-to-front from what I am familiar with. In my part of the world, it's those of us who have a package wear the protection, and those of us who don't, well, don't have to.

Still, I can see some merit in what you say about pre-op ladyboys not wearing a box. Getting squared-up by a delivery from the likes of D.K. Lillee whilst not wearing one might eliminate the need for such costly operation.

I guess there are some pre-op transsexuals who would prefer to be hit in the balls (with balls bowled into the balls) and some that would prefer to be hit with balls, bowled in the balls-area, after their balls (not bails) have been removed.

In the absence of academic analysis of the relevant statistics, we can only speculate as to how the preferences of the majority of transsexuals for being hit by balls bowled in the balls or balls-area is affected by the removal of their balls (not bails).

Of course, this balls-bowled-at-balls predicament of transsexual cricketers becomes more complicated when you consider that even after removal of their balls (also bails) the stumps may remain.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

At the risk of sounding outstandingly boring did you know that!!!..........there is an excellent amatuer cricket 7's tournament held every year in Chiang Mai?.

Very well attended, loads of international teams, and therefore I shall now suggest that next year we should enter a Thaivisa team!!! thumbsup.gif

It is the Chiang Mai Cricket Sixes and has been going on for the last 25 years to raise money for youth cricket in Thailand. You can visit their facebook page by clicking here. It is held starting the first Sunday in April and lasts for 9 days. If you want to register a team contact them now as it is very popular.

Cheers,

Randy

^^ Great posting Randy.

Been waiting a little while to post this ...

post-104736-0-01561900-1340088191_thumb.

Junior Thai cricketers in action.

He is the future of Cricket in Thailand.

post-104736-0-67173600-1340089637_thumb.

You can feel his enthusiasm ... his focus on the delivery.

Edited by David48

Could be a problem entering a team in ChiangMai. Everyone know that thinking or expending effort is work. Work needs a work permit. eg music jammers who got busted. Retirement visas cannot have work permits. Very dangerous. Especially if you beat the thai team.

Could be a problem entering a team in ChiangMai. Everyone know that thinking or expending effort is work. Work needs a work permit. eg music jammers who got busted. Retirement visas cannot have work permits. Very dangerous. Especially if you beat the thai team.

These guys pay money to enter a team and play. It is like paying for a tour or paying to play golf. It is not volunteering and the Thai teams lose every year and no one gets busted. The organizers are all business people both foreign and Thai who donate there time to put on the event.

For 25 years they have been doing this and no one has had a problem with immigrations. Considering the amount of money going into the local economy from the sixes players and their families I doubt they ever will.

There is a way around this work visa thing Harry.

I work from Aus.

Only drawback is that I have to stay up late, 3hrs, so that my work time corresponds with you people in Thailand.

Then again, what' 3hrs less sleep in the name of progress in Thailand, when you enjoy what you are doing.

^^ Great posting Randy.

Been waiting a little while to post this ...

post-104736-0-01561900-1340088191_thumb.

Junior Thai cricketers in action.

He is the future of Cricket in Thailand.

post-104736-0-67173600-1340089637_thumb.

You can feel his enthusiasm ... his focus on the delivery.

Looking at the score board, I see, both teams were on 50. Did he hit the winning run?

At the risk of sounding outstandingly boring did you know that!!!..........there is an excellent amatuer cricket 7's tournament held every year in Chiang Mai?.

Very well attended, loads of international teams, and therefore I shall now suggest that next year we should enter a Thaivisa team!!! thumbsup.gif

It is the Chiang Mai Cricket Sixes and has been going on for the last 25 years to raise money for youth cricket in Thailand. You can visit their facebook page by clicking here. It is held starting the first Sunday in April and lasts for 9 days. If you want to register a team contact them now as it is very popular.

Cheers,

Randy

Great to see that the Chiang Mai Cricket Sixes have been going 25yrs. Someone must be doing something right.

As the chap on the Facebook page said " Hope they go for another 25yrs"

Good luck.

Edited by kevjohn

The real problem, of course, is that foreigners are not allowed to prepare food.

Therefore, you need to trust a Thai person to prepare the cucumber sandwiches.

Inevitably this will lead to inclusion of some unpalatable additional ingredients.

The real problem, of course, is that foreigners are not allowed to prepare food.

Therefore, you need to trust a Thai person to prepare the cucumber sandwiches.

Inevitably this will lead to inclusion of some unpalatable additional ingredients.

Don't worry Boss. The crickets will clean up the unpalatable additional ingredients.

(ahem) to illustrate the american popular ignorance of cricket, awhile back there was a popular line of american casual clothing called 'Cricketeer'; polo shirts, chinos and etc...and they could be excused for not knowing the correct spelling, I suppose...

but later, after I had lived in England and was aware of the correct spelling then the US marketing strategy was revealed...that 'Cricketeer' was preferable to 'Cricketer' as I suspected that the latter would allude to an association with the Walt Disney animated character 'Jimminy Cricket' (see Pinnochio) and would appear to be unmanly as there was a bit of sexuality confusion between Pinnochio and Jimminy...

either that or that it could be construed that purchasers of 'Cricketer' merchandise would want to have sex with insects...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

(ahem) to illustrate the american popular ignorance of cricket, awhile back there was a popular line of american casual clothing called 'Cricketeer'; polo shirts, chinos and etc...and they could be excused for not knowing the correct spelling, I suppose...

but later, after I had lived in England and was aware of the correct spelling then the US marketing strategy was revealed...that 'Cricketeer' was preferable to 'Cricketer' as I suspected that the latter would allude to an association with the Walt Disney animated character 'Jimminy Cricket' (see Pinnochio) and would appear to be unmanly as there was a bit of sexuality confusion between Pinnochio and Jimminy...

either that or that it could be construed that purchasers of 'Cricketer' merchandise would want to have sex with insects...

(ahem ahem ahem) tutsiwarrior...Your a wealth of knowledge and information but my research shows that the Cricketeer company folded in 1990.

Wasn't that a little before your time?

Edited by kevjohn

(ahem ahem ahem) tutsiwarrior...Your a wealth of knowledge and information but my research shows that the Cricketeer company folded in 1990.

hey...how was I to know? I left the US in 1988 and then later bought all my clothing in supermarkets afterwards...

and then here is a boss in Vietnam recently: 'you are senior staff and your attire looks to be purchased from a supermarket!...including yer goddam plastic sandals!...'

Edited by tutsiwarrior

hey...how was I to know? I left the US in 1988 and then later bought all my clothing in supermarkets afterwards...

and then here is a boss in Vietnam recently: 'you are senior staff and your attire looks to be purchased from a supermarket!...including yer goddam plastic sandals!...'

Lucky Man.....I go through the left overs, in the used clothing bins, to fill my wardrobe.

And plastic sandals......what are they?

Honestly considered using these as my wardrobe.

Couldn't find any cricket whites, in em, though......sad.png

hey...don't knock it; I got a new US army field jacket from a dumpster (skip) outside of the Vietnam war induction center Fort Ord near Montery CA and also a new levi jacket from a 'free box' on a street in Berkeley CA near 1970 and they both fitted me perfectly...and I wore 'em both for the next 10 years...

but then...ye always had to steal yer jeans from the washing launderettes and that could be dangerous...(and here is a middle aged 250lb thief woman hissing: 'get outta here, white boy... I saw 'em first...')

didn't know about cricket at the time...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Honestly considered using these as my wardrobe.

Couldn't find any cricket whites, in em, though......sad.png

hey...don't knock it; I got a new US army field jacket from a dumpster (skip) outside of the Vietnam war induction center Fort Ord near Montery CA and also a new levi jacket from a 'free box' on a street in Berkeley CA near 1970 and they both fitted me perfectly...wore 'em both for the next 10 years...

but then...ye always had t'steal yer jeans from the washing launderettes and that could be dangerous...(here is a middle aged 250lb thief woman hissing: 'get outta here, white boy... I saw 'em first...')

Yeah...always meant ta thank yah for passen on the US army field jacket and the levi jacket.

They are still goen strong. Use the US army field jacket when I go shopen and the levi jacket to go to church.

The levi, will last for ever as it doesn't get use much, maybe once a year.

Is there any limit to Thailand's potential once cricket becomes the national sport?

No limits at all. After cricket becomes the national sport, Thailand can export cucumber sandwiches,

with a dash of cricket paste, to Australia.

That would give Thailand great potential by increasing it export market 200+%.

Is there any limit to Thailand's potential once cricket becomes the national sport?

No limits at all. After cricket becomes the national sport, Thailand can export cucumber sandwiches,

I think we would have clearly defined boundaries, with a rope laid around the edge.

No limits? no boundaries? No 4s and 6s? We'd be at sixes and sevens, so we would.

I bet our best cricketers would end up doing a runner.

SC

TV Cricket

Know your boundaries,

and play beyond them

I think we would have clearly defined boundaries, with a rope laid around the edge.

No limits? no boundaries? No 4s and 6s? We'd be at sixes and sevens, so we would.

I bet our best cricketers would end up doing a runner.

SC

TV Cricket

Know your boundaries,

and play beyond them

What.....to beat the crickets to the cucumber sandwiches?

http://www.watoday.c...0619-20kwz.html

see light hearted is best

Just quoting from the article harrry mentions in his post ...

Captain Michael Clarke says his inexperienced Australian teammates risk missing out on next year's Ashes tour by focusing too much on it.

The Australians are gearing up for this month's five-match one-day series against England, which is being viewed as a teaser for the 2013 battle for the urn.

With half of the touring squad having never played a one-day international in England, the Australian brains trust is keen for the likes of Pat Cummins, James Pattinson and David Warner to soak up the experience.

Advertisement: Story continues below

Clarke said the youthful team had to focus on getting the job done in the next three weeks with the Ashes still more than a year away.

"It's important for us as a group to not get too carried away with the Ashes," Clarke said.

"The reality is, if we don't perform as a team now, you don't even worry about the Ashes because you're not on that trip.

"It's so far away for us that as a team we haven't spoken about it.

"Yes, it is the pinnacle as a Test cricketer.

It's accepted that we Aussies will beat NZ, the West Indies are (sadly) no longer a force, India is strong, probably the best in the world at the moment, but have no desire to watch a game being played on the dust bowls over there but the Ashes ... that's a different matter.

Whether it's a MCG Boxing Day Test Match or at Lord's or the Oval ... we have a passion for the Ashes.

Steeped deep in tradition, it is the pinnacle, the holy grail of Cricketing triumphs.