Thailand Needs Cricket

... and I said: 'hmmm...' and nodded to him and then sat there in companionable silence...and then Lucy the bartender who was a tart with a spectacular backside came up behind the bar and displayed her stuff to the local celebrity and then I saw Billy check her out and I felt like I was in the big leagues already...

So the takeout from that story was that, on that particular night when Billy met the fameous tutsiwarrior, he was more a Talent Scout then a Manager?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... and I said: 'hmmm...' and nodded to him and then sat there in companionable silence...and then Lucy the bartender who was a tart with a spectacular backside came up behind the bar and displayed her stuff to the local celebrity and then I saw Billy check her out and I felt like I was in the big leagues already...

So the takeout from that story was that, on that particular night when Billy met the fameous tutsiwarrior, he was more a Talent Scout then a Manager?

nah...Billy Martin was a badassed mofo and I'm just a puss and he could see immediately that I had no potential...

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/clarke-johnson-the-big-winners-in-crickets-contract-list-20120622-20soo.html

We had better start budgeting for some good sponsors.....I know we already have SoGoodSpa but I don't think they can come up with that much dough.

How about Starbucks?

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

http://www.theage.co...0622-20soo.html

We had better start budgeting for some good sponsors.....I know we already have SoGoodSpa but I don't think they can come up with that much dough.

How about Starbucks?

I can think of better coffee....but if they pay well I can be persuaded.

Edited by harrry

hey...cricket, baseball and surfin'...what next?...as befits a truly eclectic thaivisa forum thread...hooray!

Is beach baseball popular?

If so, how many runs do you get for hitting a surfer.

Edited by brit1984

hey...cricket, baseball and surfin'...what next?...as befits a truly eclectic thaivisa forum thread...hooray!

Now if it was Beach Cricket, it could be 1 run for hitting a surfer , 4 for hitting the surf board

and 6 for knocking the surfboard rider off the surfboard.

Now that would give the batsman some incentive.

http://www.theage.co...0622-20soo.html

How about Starbucks?

I can think of better coffee....but if they pay well I can be persuaded.

If they pay, well, then you and I can buy the best.

Now if it was Beach Cricket, it could be 1 run for hitting a surfer , 4 for hitting the surf board

hey man...don't mess with them surfers...I saw some bad fights out in the water when it was crowded, Malibu in particular, people getting cut off and etc...I got to where I could come up below and behind from some <deleted> on a wave that cut me off and dump him off his board and then it was 'big choose off' time...ain't nothin' like a mean assed surfer on the beach with an opponent that was disrespectful in the water...some dudes used their boards as weapons in the water and then it could be deadly...ye always gotta be polite...

plus the idea of flannels on the beach in soCal is ludicrous...and all the cricket bats in the world wouldn't save you from an enraged surfer wantin' to stomp yer arse...

in soCal beach baseball is forbidden but beach volleyball is allowed as there are no hard edges...

Given the high number of transsexuals in Thailand, I think Thailand could easily win the Transsexual Cricket World Cup.

Any thoughts?

hey man...don't mess with them surfers...I saw some bad fights out in the water when it was crowded, Malibu in particular, people getting cut off and etc...I got to where I could come up below and behind from some <deleted> on a wave that cut me off and dump him off his board and then it was 'big choose off' time...ain't nothin' like a mean assed surfer on the beach with an opponent that was disrespectful in the water...some dudes used their boards as weapons in the water and then it could be deadly...ye always gotta be polite...

plus the idea of flannels on the beach in soCal is ludicrous...and all the cricket bats in the world wouldn't save you from an enraged surfer wantin' to stomp yer arse...

in soCal beach baseball is forbidden but beach volleyball is allowed as there are no hard edges...

Thanks, for the heads up there, tutsiwarrior. I'll cross Malibu and soCal of me tourist destinations.

Sounds to dangerous to me. Not owning a surf board would put me at a, disadvantage, in fight.

Given the high number of transsexuals in Thailand, I think Thailand could easily win the Transsexual Cricket World Cup.

Any thoughts?

Would the teams be a mixture of the two genders or would there be a team for each?

Any thoughts?

Would the teams be a mixture of the two genders or would there be a team for each?

and who bats and who bowls

Any thoughts?

and who bats and who bowls

I can see a lot of questions to be answered here.....whistling.gif

Post Deleted

Thought it was a bit unlike you....but deleting it?....smile.png

Had second thoughts harry.

Don't want any dismissals.

Edited by kevjohn

nah...the point is that ye need balls to be a surfer in soCal so not a desireable tourist destination...try Saraburi instead...

So she is a one of them is she sad.png

Hey medicine man, this cricket 's affecting me eyes. Can't see a thing in that picture.

Maybe concentrating to much trying to keep me eye on the ball.

Edited by kevjohn

nah...the point is that ye need balls to be a surfer in soCal so not a desireable tourist destination...try Saraburi instead...

Hey medicine man, this cricket 's affecting me eyes. Can't see a thing in that picture.

post-64834-0-23151200-1340362246_thumb.j

Blimey Charlie, yah got that set of specs to me pronto.

Can't complain about the service.