Thailand Needs Cricket

Attention all Thai immigration officials

We all know that Thailand is a great (some may say Amazing) country, and therefore many people would love to live here.

However, not all potential migrants to Thailand would be additive to Thai society, some even have evil intent.

As immigration officials you are faced with the tough task of sorting the goodies from the baddies.

I have come up with an idea to make this arduous task so much easier (to benefit genuine migrants and Thailand in general).

My proposal is for all potential migrants to be tested on their knowledge of (and love for) cricket.

This could be done either by a multiple choice questionnaire or some more advanced lie detector test / brain screening.

Those who score highly are obviously good chaps and should be granted the freedom of the kingdom.

Those who score lowly are obviously evil sinners and should be imprisoned or shipped back to the US.

Those with average scores could have their case screened more carefully (maybe even with non-cricketing factors considered).

What do you think?

Please note: this is an English language forum so it would be good if you could post your answer in English (or have it translated in the Thai language sub-forum before posting into this thread). If you have no particular questions, feel free to go ahead and make the relevant changes to immigration policy as of today (or tomorrow if you are off to bed soon).

Boss, as members of this famous "Thailand Needs cricket" team, we could draft the multiple choice questionnaire, and in that way, give our friends from immigration the time and freedom to learn the benefits of cricket. This would also eliminate any strain that would otherwise be placed on their immigration finances.

As for using the lie detector test / brain screening method, this could place added strain on the finances due to the frequent brake downs caused by people confusing

the machines with thoughts of that other ball game called baseball.

Anyway, as you say Boss, we will leave it up to our Immigration friends reading this forum to decide which way to go.

I am sure they would appreciate any input from our other team members.

Thanks for all the extra input guys..........sad.png

Certainly going to keep our friends, from immigration, busy......whistling.gif

Maybe we will get a better response from the Thai immigration officers if address them in Thai...

Sawady kap

Pom yack visa cricket kap

Koon tam visa cricket mai?

Reyo reyo kap

Carp koon kap

... the above should get this sorted

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I will have to take your word for that, Boss......smile.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KJ, it seems you have been infected with the "up to you" virus. Has this been diagnosed by a doctor yet?

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Boss.

Will consult with harrry, our medicine man, and get back to you.

What is the remedy for this virus? Will Nortons do the trick or should I try AVG?

KJ, it seems you have been infected with the "up to you" virus. Has this been diagnosed by a doctor yet?

What is the remedy for this virus? Will Nortons do the trick or should I try AVG?

You just need more cricket

You just need more cricket

Thanks Boss. You really had me worried there for a moment.

Might go and have some shut eye, as it is after midnight, and will see if I have recovered in the morning.

At least I know the remedy, now.

Edited by kevjohn

Well he has decided to lie down....not just lie down on the job.

Maybe we can get him to support the Thailand Needs Cricket (Two Knees) Cricket Team.

Maybe a cheer leader on each knee will cure the back problems......wink.png

Well he has decided to lie down....not just lie down on the job.

Maybe we can get him to support the Thailand Needs Cricket (Two Knees) Cricket Team.

Maybe a cheer leader on each knee will cure the back problems......wink.png

That would straighten him out anyway.

long time before i show video here

i read many words since and not much talk about cricket

why is this?

is it not about cricket now?

Can you think of any problems in Thailand that need to be fixed?

We will find a cricketing solution...

long time before i show video here

i read many words since and not much talk about cricket

why is this?

is it not about cricket now?

Welcome to the team BespokeMan.

I you care to take the time, and read all 155 pages, you will learn that this is not only about cricket but also why "Thailand Needs Cricket".

Many things, too numerous to list now, have been discussed as to why "Thailand Needs Cricket" but anyone reading this topic would see

the great benefit to Thailand from having the "Thailand Needs Cricket" team.

This team is dependent on TV members so that we do not have to import outside help.

As you read through you will learn the positions of each TV member and how they contribute to the advancement of cricket in Thailand

and therefore the betterment of Thailand through this noble game.

Enjoy your reading and we look forward to input from you.

By the way, any position that you feel you could handle or assist with, please tell the Boss.....(Manager brit1984)

and don't be shy to ask questions.

Edited by kevjohn

why you say lie down

we here that he finish for play cricket

This is a joke between two Aussies....harrry and me, kevjohn, but don't worry as the Boss sometimes has trouble understanding me......wink.png

Keep those questions coming. Helps keep us long term team members up to scratch on the topic......smile.png

Edited by kevjohn

why you say lie down

This is a joke between two Aussies....harrry and me, kevjohn, but don't worry as the Boss sometimes has trouble understanding me......wink.png

Keep those questions coming. Helps keep us long term team members up to scratch on the topic......smile.png

My boss always has trouble understanding me. whistling.gif

why you say lie down

My boss always has trouble understanding me. whistling.gif

Yeah.....but it is fun playing cricket, afterwards.......thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Edited by kevjohn

I'm glad bespokeman as joined the team. he seems like a smart young fellow, and I am sure he has smart young knees to boot

Didyounolernyerlessonwi'KingKong's motor? Keep yer boots taeyersel' man!

You're quite right there, Imam. Better to be handy with the bat than the boot.

SC

TV Cricket

THe Team with Two Kees

Edit: Comma relocated

Ah'lltellye wheretaeshoveyercomma...

Edited by StreetCowboy

Attention all Thai immigration officials

We all know that Thailand is a great (some may say Amazing) country, and therefore many people would love to live here.

However, not all potential migrants to Thailand would be additive to Thai society, some even have evil intent.

As immigration officials you are faced with the tough task of sorting the goodies from the baddies.

I have come up with an idea to make this arduous task so much easier (to benefit genuine migrants and Thailand in general).

My proposal is for all potential migrants to be tested on their knowledge of (and love for) cricket.

This could be done either by a multiple choice questionnaire or some more advanced lie detector test / brain screening.

Those who score highly are obviously good chaps and should be granted the freedom of the kingdom.

Those who score lowly are obviously evil sinners and should be imprisoned or shipped back to the US.

Those with average scores could have their case screened more carefully (maybe even with non-cricketing factors considered).

What do you think?

Please note: this is an English language forum so it would be good if you could post your answer in English (or have it translated in the Thai language sub-forum before posting into this thread). If you have no particular questions, feel free to go ahead and make the relevant changes to immigration policy as of today (or tomorrow if you are off to bed soon).

Dear Thai Immigration Officials

I have not heard a response from you on this, nor have I seen any public announcement on reform of immigration policy.

Are you really reading this site or was the member who made that suggestion just a little bit bonkers?...

Dear Thai Immigration Officials

Further to the above, if you don't reply we will assume Thai Immigration Officials do not read this site (at least in an official capacity).

If you do use this site for pleasure (non-professional use) we would welcome your contributions, and we understand that you might prefer not to comment on the visa issues.

No problems with keeping records, either.

And they certainly know about paperwork.

If they give our team some multiple re entries it could up our run rate.

Edited by kevjohn

Boss,, if you need Blimey's address, it is

Sandy View Retirement Village

Back of Beyond

Via the Black Stump

Out the Back of Burke

Down Under

Hope this helps.

Boss,, if you need Blimey's address, it is

Sandy View Retirement Village

Back of Beyond

Via the Black Stump

Out the Back of Burke

Down Under

Hope this helps.

Thanks KevJohn

Great information

Can he keep score?

...which reminds me nobody has volunteered to keep score yet

Boss...if you look to the top right hand side of the posts you will see that the score is 3886.....Not Out

Boss...if you look to the top right hand side of the posts you will see that the score is 3886.....Not Out

I see 3887

I see 3887

Your one cleaver boss, Boss....clap2.gif