Thailand Needs Cricket

Guys, you know, considering that we are on the Pub Forum's Oval there has not been a 3rd umpire overrule (yet) and that, because we have checked our egos in the dressing room, none has been in for early showers.

Maybe the spirit of Cricket has been able to teach us all something?

Want to know more about

Fish Farms or a simple Australian Visa Application ?

I am sure the umpires have been watching carefully but one cannot be LBW if one hits the ball first

By the way, this match started on another pitch (General) but when I came out of the pavilion to continue my innings after lunch on the first day, I noticed the pitch had been secretly changed during the lunch break (to Pub) but the new wicket has been just as much a pleasure to bat on

The mark of a good driver is that you don't need to worry about where he is going...

and he gets you to the pub in time for the weekend.

I still think we're going to need a bigger coach. Who is our coach, by the way? Is his name Dennis?

SC

More concerned about the driver who is getting me back from the pub.

Who was that masked man?

I hate that, when you all meet up the next day and no-one can remember who drove home.

SC

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, you know, considering that we are on the Pub Forum's Oval there has not been a 3rd umpire overrule (yet) and that, because we have checked our egos in the dressing room, none has been in for early showers.

Want to know more about

I am sure the umpires have been watching carefully but one cannot be LBW if one hits the ball first

By the way, this match started on another pitch (General) but when I came out of the pavilion to continue my innings after lunch on the first day, I noticed the pitch had been secretly changed during the lunch break (to Pub) but the new wicket has been just as much a pleasure to bat on

The mark of a good driver is that you don't need to worry about where he is going...

I still think we're going to need a bigger coach. Who is our coach, by the way? Is his name Dennis?

SC

Why the bigger coach. Don't you think he's big enough.sad.png ......sorrrrrrrrry the bus...Can't the cheer leader sit beside the driver.smile.png

Want to know more about

SC

Why the bigger coach. Don't you think he's big enough.sad.png ......sorrrrrrrrry the bus...Can't the cheer leader sit beside the driver.smile.png

Its why God gave us two knees.

On another thread, one member just mentioned that Thailand has a high murder rate. This is obviously a problem that could be eased by cricket as cricketers learn that even if you are upset by the umpire's decision (or in fact anything) you should not resort to aggresive or violent behaviour; or to put it another way, if you kill the opposition who will you play against?...

Kill the opposition.....now, that is one way of eliminating the other team.ermm.gif

Something Australian and Indian players have thought about more than once I am sure

THought it was the poms that tried that in the bodyline test.s

They tried, but then had the rules changed so we couldn't try it ourselves next series.

They tried, but then had the rules changed so we couldn't try it ourselves next series.

Actually fast leg theory bowling was already being used in state level cricket in Australia prior to the famous Ashes series (and had been used at Test level before). The only reason the Australians were against it at Test level was because Bradman was scared of short balls... discuss

Actually fast leg theory bowling was already being used in state level cricket in Australia prior to the famous Ashes series (and had been used at Test level before). The only reason the Australians were against it at Test level was because Bradman was scared of short balls... discuss

That makes him better than me......I'm scared of all.......

SC this might solve the bus problem

300px-First_London_EA11010_LK53_FBD.JPG

Excellent! Nice big bus. Cheerleaders and team all together.

Make a change from that short bus I had to catch to school every day. whistling.gif

To go to school, I had to walk, take a bus, take a train and walk again; door-to-door it took me around 90 minutes each way and I had to carry my books and, more importantly, my whites, pads and bat.

This experience instilled in me a total disrespect for people who are unwilling to work hard. Due to the size and weight of my cricket bag, the chip on my shoulder was real as well as metaphorical.

SC this might solve the bus problem

300px-First_London_EA11010_LK53_FBD.JPG

Awful vehicle

Its like a doublesingledecker

If we put the team and the cheerleaders on the same bus, we can double the number of cheerleaders -

two knees!

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

I don't think I'd like to come face to face with short balls.

Certainly not without a protective helmet

SC

That makes him better than me......I'm scared of all.......

Me too and that is what I told my dad when I was a little boy

He told me that if I wanted to survive I better concentrate

That advice has guided me in many aspects of my life

Edited by brit1984

The sound system will be bigger than anything ever produced in Thailand....smile.png

And as you have been nominated "DJ"....clap2.gif .

You can sing "round and round and round and round the wheels on the bus turn table goes"...ermm.gif

We've been talking at cross-purposes, haven't we?

When you said "double-decker" I thought you meant a bus, not two phonogram turntables...

I agree with StreetCowboy and have been busy researching the available options.

So I was able to locate this ... post-104736-0-13645300-1337931300_thumb.

This allows both the air-conditioned comfort for the journey to the grounds, with the added advantage of a viewing platform for public appearances.

post-104736-0-04153800-1337832671_thumb. post-104736-0-55140200-1337832674_thumb.

Thus, when Thailand transforms from a Cricketing minnow into a world force in the game the viewing platform will become a stage by which the populus can admire their new found heroes.

Benefit to Thailand ... increased self esteem through success on the sporting field?

Boys, Boys, Boys ... I maintain that this is the idea vehicle for transport ... just paint it in the teams colours.

Do have a look at http://gallery.xeman...d-bus-pictures/ for painted bus images.

Want to know more about

Edited by David48

The sound system will be bigger than anything ever produced in Thailand....smile.png

And as you have been nominated "DJ"....clap2.gif .

You can sing "round and round and round and round the wheels on the bus turn table goes"...ermm.gif

We've been talking at cross-purposes, haven't we?

When you said "double-decker" I thought you meant a bus, not two phonogram turntables...

I agree with StreetCowboy and have been busy researching the available options.

So I was able to locate this ... post-104736-0-13645300-1337931300_thumb.

This allows both the air-conditioned comfort for the journey to the grounds, with the added advantage of a viewing platform for public appearances.

post-104736-0-04153800-1337832671_thumb. post-104736-0-55140200-1337832674_thumb.

Thus, when Thailand transforms from a Cricketing minnow into a world force in the game the viewing platform will become a stage by which the populus can admire their new found heroes.

Benefit to Thailand ... increased self esteem through success on the sporting field?

Boys, Boys, Boys ... I maintain that this is the idea vehicle for transport ... just paint it in the teams colours.

Do have a look at http://gallery.xeman...d-bus-pictures/ for painted bus images.

Want to know more about

I think you are spot on there.....More room for team...and that air conditioning is second to none...thumbsup.gif

Edit....Long time since I've been called a boy

Edited by kevjohn

Want to know more about

vw-suv.jpg

This is more like it. airconditioned for the cheerleader's comfort and reliable for Bangkok traffic.

Want to know more about

vw-suv.jpg

This is more like it. airconditioned for the cheerleader's comfort and reliable for Bangkok traffic.

I do note the gun openings for warding off unwanted attention ... very Thai!

Want to know more about

vw-suv.jpg

As if I'd drive a VW...

post-64834-0-02667400-1337936137_thumb.jpg

This Rolls Royce I was reserving for the Pommies......but if you really want it SC it is yours.

A roller; now that is more like it. I love how its got no windows, so I won't be distracted by young ladies on their way to university...

You might call it a Roller Blind...

Sadly, not sufficient capacity for our purposes, though, if we're to get enough knees on for all our cheerleaders

SC

(edit: repetition deleted)

Edited by StreetCowboy

post-64834-0-02667400-1337936137_thumb.jpg

This Rolls Royce I was reserving for the Pommies......but if you really want it SC it is yours.

A roller; now that is more like it. I love how its got no windows, so I won't be distracted by young ladies on their way to university...

You might call it a Roller Blind...

Sadly, not sufficient capacity for our purposes, though, if we're to get enough knees on for all our cheerleaders

SC

(edit: repetition deleted)

We could improvise the Rolls......no windows...keeps the warmth in...for when our team does it PR tour to the Davis Base in Antarctica...smile.png