Thailand Needs Cricket

Boys .. I know it's a Saturday Afternoon, but let's not let our standards 'slip' and get caught out being silly ... mid-on or where ever!

But the recent comment does pose the question ... will Thailand adopt more liberal standards or more moral standards as they adopt Cricket as part of their everyday life?

Want to know more about

Fish Farms or a simple Australian Visa Application ?

What is immoral about liberalism?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice to have her as a wicket keeper too.

She could catch the ball without using her hands

I have been thinking more about this (as I assume have all of you)

I am starting to think it might actually be difficult given the normal trajectory of the ball

Deflecting it to first-slip (maybe even third man) might be easier

I did do my best to find a graphic representation of what you were referring to brit1984, but unfortunately I came up with a bouncer ... short!

Want to know more about

2 serious questions:

1. Do you have 2 signatures or are you re-pasting (maybe even re-typing) your Fish Farms comment each time you post?

2. Why don't you left align the Fish Farms comment?

2 serious questions:

1. Do you have 2 signatures or are you re-pasting (maybe even re-typing) your Fish Farms comment each time you post?

David48 might be gearing up for some heavy investment in the Fish Farming and Visa Agent areas of business expertise.

We have the Bargirls sponsors as potential sponsors, so why not 'David's Fish Farm' as a sponsor?

I'm sure he can supply some tasty specimens for lunch time BBQing...Shouldn't cost him too much to feed the troops...always a few dead fish floating on top of the pond..

2 serious questions:

David48 might be gearing up for some heavy investment in the Fish Farming and Visa Agent areas of business expertise.

We have the Bargirls sponsors as potential sponsors, so why not 'David's Fish Farm' as a sponsor?

I'm sure he can supply some tasty specimens for lunch time BBQing...Shouldn't cost him too much to feed the troops...always a few dead fish floating on top of the pond..

Tasty

My first impression when seeing this thread was that this was one of those complete the sentence contests.

As in:

Thailand Needs Cricket ...

Like a Hole in the Head!

Thailand needs cricket like an eagle needs wings...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

All in the head kevjohn.. don't want to put all the trade secrets in writing!

Yeah..well, can't blame you...if it in writing, then they come back at you.

Don't want to get sued for bad advice

I think it might have saved a lot of hassle if Jesus and Muhammed had shared your caution...

All in the head kevjohn.. don't want to put all the trade secrets in writing!

Yeah..well, can't blame you...if it in writing, then they come back at you.

I think it might have saved a lot of hassle if Jesus and Muhammed had shared your caution...

they did

the writing came later

they did

the writing came later

Was it the fear or being sued that stopped them writing down their views or were they just illiterate?

Of course, we will never know the truth as record keeping was so haphazard in the pre-cricket era

My first impression when seeing this thread was that this was one of those complete the sentence contests.

As in:

Like a Hole in the Head!

I'd starve without one of the holes in my head.

SC

Anyway, in the spirit of your post

I offer you these two alternatives

"... so it does, by the way, boys, actually"

"... Like the rest of us":

2 serious questions:

I'll tell you a secret here that I prefer not to put on the Farming Forum ...

Yes, they do get some that die.

Mostly, almost always, it's because they have run out of oxygen, hence they are still 'clean' fish and the oxygen level drops to it's lowest just before sunrise and the ponds are inspected not long after first light.

Hence the fish are 'recently collected, much the same as the time taken from cacthing the fish and they are taken to the market.

Mostly they get salted and placed in the glass jars and sold at the market ... the Issan people apparently love this taste of preserved salty fish.

As for me ... personally I'd be going for the Prawns.

post-104736-0-71542700-1338064646_thumb.

Edited by David48

As in:

Like a Hole in the Head!

Maybe an extension here ... or a new complete thread ...

America needs Cricket ...

As in:

Like a Hole in the Head!

I think it is too late for America

Okay ...they are fat...no getting around that fact...so Cricket would suit many Americans.(Sadly, Australians are also fast catching up)

Let me explain...

Americans, being so large, they can often have problems fitting into the booth seats in restaurants, or even on the standard seat. Their arse can hang over each side of the seat, creating the needs for them to have two seats. While the restaurants and burger chains and fried chicken outlets like to see the fatties coming into the store (ka-ching! ka-ching! go the cash registers $$$) there is the issue of having all that space taken up. Lets face it, fatties, if taking up two seats, will reduce the overall available seating space for patrons and while the fatties WILL eat more, there still is a want by the chains to get more patrons through the door

The Cricket field is perfect. It has lots of room for all the fatties.

The fatties can be sent to the outfield and the Thais can plonk down a few concession stands (i don;t want to harp on too much about revenue, but lets face it, if you want the game to expand!)....The fatties can put their feet up, enjoy some processed sausage, som tam, noodles...3-4 litres of Coke (with extra ice of course!), maybe get some lounges out there and they can have a snooze.

We might need to raise the number of players permitted on the field to say , maybe 30, because these tubs of lard aren't going anywhere in a hurry, and we wont see many chase downs for the ball before the boundary rope. The upside is they are large and if well positioned they can deflect more than the occasional boundary. Much the same as the game Test match , which I featured in a Youtube video link about 400 posts ago.

At the end of day, if they have eaten too much , we can just roll them off the ground.

Okay ...they are fat...no getting around that fact...so Cricket would suit many Americans.(Sadly, Australians are also fast catching up)

Let me explain...

Americans, being so large, they can often have problems fitting into the booth seats in restaurants, or even on the standard seat. Their arse can hang over each side of the seat, creating the needs for them to have two seats. While the restaurants and burger chains and fried chicken outlets like to see the fatties coming into the store (ka-ching! ka-ching! go the cash registers $$$) there is the issue of having all that space taken up. Lets face it, fatties, if taking up two seats, will reduce the overall available seating space for patrons and while the fatties WILL eat more, there still is a want by the chains to get more patrons through the door

The Cricket field is perfect. It has lots of room for all the fatties.

The fatties can be sent to the outfield and the Thais can plonk down a few concession stands (i don;t want to harp on too much about revenue, but lets face it, if you want the game to expand!)....The fatties can put their feet up, enjoy some processed sausage, som tam, noodles...3-4 litres of Coke (with extra ice of course!), maybe get some lounges out there and they can have a snooze.

We might need to raise the number of players permitted on the field to say , maybe 30, because these tubs of lard aren't going anywhere in a hurry, and we wont see many chase downs for the ball before the boundary rope. The upside is they are large and if well positioned they can deflect more than the occasional boundary. Much the same as the game Test match , which I featured in a Youtube video link about 400 posts ago.

At the end of day, if they have eaten too much , we can just roll them off the ground.

Very good post; all valid and well-articulated ideas

I would just change the last point to: ... if they have eaten too much, we can just USE THEM TO ROLL THE PITCH

As in:

Like a Hole in the Head!

You might want to read Netherland by Joseph O'Neill, surely the most interesting book I have read this year about cricket in the US

SC

2 serious questions:

Mostly, almost always, it's because they have run out of oxygen, hence they are still 'clean' fish and the oxygen level drops to it's lowest just before sunrise and the ponds are inspected not long after first light.

Hence the fish are 'recently collected, much the same as the time taken from cacthing the fish and they are taken to the market.

Mostly they get salted and placed in the glass jars and sold at the market ... the Issan people apparently love this taste of preserved salty fish.

I'm a bit nervous about the cheerleaders' bus smelling of fish...

SC

TV Cricket - the Team with Two Knees

2 serious questions:

SC

if it does smell of fish, and the cheerleaders are the bargirls, it might not be the fish that have caused the smell

2 serious questions:

SC

Quite a valid point ... but remember, these are Prawns disdain012.gif ... not Tuna ...

Want to know more about

[......

if it does smell of fish, and the cheerleaders are the bargirls, it might not be the fish that have caused the smell

That's the sort of smutty aspersion that we would like to avoid; perhaps its best that the snacks go in the pantechnicon, with the DJ's double-decker and the beer

post-60794-0-12333900-1338097785_thumb.j

SC

Edit: Further to the topic of New World Cricket -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staten_Island_Cricket_Club

There is no mention of how well that club is endowed with knees, nor any pictures of their cheerleaders

Edited by StreetCowboy

Hey ... changing the subject a little ... where is Kevjohn?

I sort of miss him diligently scrawling away over a hot desk and a coffee, while I'm kicking back with a beer.

He bowled an honest over.

He hasn't joined JT and gone to play that 'other' game, has he?

I'd sort of be a little dissapointed if he was all of a sudden batting for the other side.

Baseball smileys-baseball-148276.gif is just not Cricket smileys-baseball-985004.gif !

Want to know more about

Edited by David48

[......

That's the sort of smutty aspersion that we would like to avoid; perhaps its best that the snacks go in the pantechnicon, with the DJ's double-decker and the beer

post-60794-0-12333900-1338097785_thumb.j

SC

Which reminds me...What about the 'Match Review Committee'...?.