Thailand Needs Cricket

I would like to +2 too to please the two of you

Does that = 5 or 6.....sad.png

If you have a rope all the way around the world and you want to raise that rope 1 meter above the ground, how much longer will the rope need to be?

(if, at the age of 18, I had not known the answer to this university interview question, life may have been a struggle)

of course today you do not have to remember that........just ask google....think of the brain cells that frees up.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't help thinking that we may have lost the focus of the original thread - "Thailand needs Cricket". Phuturatica, in an earlier post, challenged us to explain to her the wonders of the game, and we're not doing that. Then there's those Thais, young Somchai and little Lek, eager to learn why it is that Thailand needs cricket and indeed, what cricket actually is, (other than a nourishing snack, that is). We're not helping them with the basics.

We have forgotten that for nine months of our lives, we too, were ignorant of "The Noble Game" but upon our emergence into a world of sporting beauty we learned swiftly and effortlessly and by the age of five could doubtless recite the names of every county player, together with their batting, bowling, wicket keeping and fielding statistics as well as the details of all the famous umpires of their day.

Because we already know most of what needs to be known, we forget that the peripherals now under discussion, such as cheer leaders uniforms and team logos mean little to the new initiates. They need the basics. In my next post, if you think it a worthy idea, I propose to offer a course designed to inform and educate - none of this multiple choice nonsense so prevalent in the nation's education and graduation process today.

Don't mis-understand, I'm as interested in the cheerleaders, their uniforms and personal habits and preferences, as any other red-blooded male, but we owe a duty to those enquiring faces surrounding us, don't you think?

I thought my next post might start with an explanation of "The Ground" - what it encompasses, how it's laid out and its purpose, for without a ground, we are without cricket. It would be a start.

An insightful, interesting an aesthetically-pleasing dichotomy.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

If you have a rope all the way around the world and you want to raise that rope 1 meter above the ground, how much longer will the rope need to be?

(if, at the age of 18, I had not known the answer to this university interview question, life may have been a struggle)

of course today you do not have to remember that........just ask google....think of the brain cells that frees up.

Hey Yeah...but the Boss thinks that you and me came down in the last shower of rain.....see, we prove him wrong..

I can't help thinking that we may have lost the focus of the original thread - "Thailand needs Cricket". Phuturatica, in an earlier post, challenged us to explain to her the wonders of the game, and we're not doing that. Then there's those Thais, young Somchai and little Lek, eager to learn why it is that Thailand needs cricket and indeed, what cricket actually is, (other than a nourishing snack, that is). We're not helping them with the basics.

We have forgotten that for nine months of our lives, we too, were ignorant of "The Noble Game" but upon our emergence into a world of sporting beauty we learned swiftly and effortlessly and by the age of five could doubtless recite the names of every county player, together with their batting, bowling, wicket keeping and fielding statistics as well as the details of all the famous umpires of their day.

Because we already know most of what needs to be known, we forget that the peripherals now under discussion, such as cheer leaders uniforms and team logos mean little to the new initiates. They need the basics. In my next post, if you think it a worthy idea, I propose to offer a course designed to inform and educate - none of this multiple choice nonsense so prevalent in the nation's education and graduation process today.

Don't mis-understand, I'm as interested in the cheerleaders, their uniforms and personal habits and preferences, as any other red-blooded male, but we owe a duty to those enquiring faces surrounding us, don't you think?

I thought my next post might start with an explanation of "The Ground" - what it encompasses, how it's laid out and its purpose, for without a ground, we are without cricket. It would be a start.

Boss...I know how long the rope is but....dickotomy sorry, you said dichotomy...my mistake.

Harry, I didn't want to say anything in post #1713 but, I've been told I don't have any brain cells...can you vouch for that?

Edited by kevjohn

Boss...I know how long the rope is but....dickotomy sorry, you said dichotomy...my mistake.

Sorry I don't know how to "like" using the iPhone app...

Sorry I don't know how to "like" using the iPhone app...

Just ask Georgewink.png ...He answers all those questionsclap2.gif ...except the ones I ask..sad.png

Just ask Georgewink.png ...He answers all those questionsclap2.gif ...except the ones I ask..sad.png

Maybe you forgot to say ahmen...

+6

I prefer saying....ahhhhh women

My dear team member

If I may be so bold to ask.....do you mind taking both, Phuturatica and myself, very slowly through these basics of our noble game.

As with Phuturatica. I have, over the last 3 weeks or so, developed a keen interest in this noble game and do wish to learn all that there is to learn, over and above the cheer leaders squad, if you know what I mean.

Edited by kevjohn

Indeed, I know exactly what you mean

God could indeed be a female

Why would a bloke create daisies?

To make a daisy chain....smile.png I'm a bloke and I make daisy chains.....ermm.gif

Edited by kevjohn

So's he knew when to mow the outfield

SC

TV Cricket - Know when to roll 'em, know when to mow

So long as he doesn't mow my daisies

Does anyone else think the long queue to see the (slowly) rotting corpse of Chairman Mow (I mean Mao) is a waste of time?

Edited by brit1984

So long as he doesn't mow my daisies

Does anyone else think the long queue to see the (slowly) rotting corpse of Chairman Mow (I mean Mao) is a waste of time?

This is going to be a long drawn out answer.

Just to add more 'Likes"

+3

+4

+5

What is next?

Last Ball and end of the Over! infomilies025.gif

You leave the grown men to play for just one day ... one day without supervision and what do we get ... frigging Daisy Chains ... foolish000.gif

Excuse my ignorance....but what or were is "Oxford"..sad.png

Oxford is the first, and still the best, university in the English speaking world.

By the way, I used to eat my breakfast beneath a painting of Bob Hawke (in the college dining hall)

The reason that you saw our ex-Prime Minister at Oxford University was because he was a Rhodes Scholar

Just to add more 'Likes"

+3

+4

+5

What is next?

You leave the grown men to play for just one day ... one day without supervision and what do we get ... frigging Daisy Chains ... foolish000.gif

A brilliant answer; well worth the bolding

Admittedly, this discussion of daisies is slightly off-topic

The outfield should, of course, be covered only by grass

(as well as the fielders and the square leg umpire of course)

Just to add more 'Likes"

+3

+4

+5

What is next?

Didn't want to get to far in front of you so I haven't brought up the pansies yet...smile.png

Excuse my ignorance....but what or were is "Oxford"..sad.png

Oxford is the first, and still the best, university in the English speaking world.

By the way, I used to eat my breakfast beneath a painting of Bob Hawke (in the college dining hall)

The reason that you saw our ex-Prime Minister at Oxford University was because he was a Rhodes Scholar

Did you know the current Prime-Minister of the UK, the current Mayor of London and the previous (and probably next) Prime-Minister of Thailand all went to Oxford? (as well as the same high-school)

+5

What is next?

Just an example of where you could have had fun and stayed in the Cricketing theme is where to hit the Ball? infomilies025.gif

Well, if you batting in Australia ... hit it to where the Seagulls are ... theres nary a fielder down that part of the oval.

kevjohn could have used the 12th man, sustituted the Seagulls for Pigeons ... and Bob's your Rhodes Scholar,

+5

What is next?

Just an example of where you could have had fun and stayed in the Cricketing theme is where to hit the Ball? infomilies025.gif

Well, if you batting in Australia ... hit it to where the Seagulls are ... theres nary a fielder down that part of the oval.

kevjohn could have used the 12th man, sustituted the Seagulls for Pigeons ... and Bob's your Rhodes Scholar,

Brilliant, just brilliant

Straight over the pavilion

brit1984 said

Did you know the current Prime-Minister of the UK, the current Mayor of London and the previous (and probably next) Prime-Minister of Thailand all went to Oxford? (as well as the same high-school

Well Boss

Did you know that kevjonh went to school out the back of Burke, under the shade of a Gum tree, and not far from a creek. eh

brit1984 said

Did you know the current Prime-Minister of the UK, the current Mayor of London and the previous (and probably next) Prime-Minister of Thailand all went to Oxford? (as well as the same high-school

Well Boss

Did you know that kevjonh went to school out the back of Burke, under the shade of a Gum tree, and not far from a creek. eh

I know now

brit1984 said

Well Boss

I know now

Good....smile.png

brit1984 said

Well Boss

and spent most of his time sitting on the black stump when he should have been in school?