Thailand Needs Cricket

".... and the ball sails over the wicket looking for all the world like a limpid pumpkin, the batsman steps forward, majestically lofts it high high high over the gasometer. He turns to accept the adulation of the crowd, and deftly clears the bails from his stumps..."

Bugger that for a game of soldiers, I'm off to take the roller for a spin... I'll stick to driving in the future.

SC

... and a warm smile appeared on the readers faces after that yarn ...

I could visualise the shot, hear the swoosh of the bat, audibly the crowd raised their voices then rising to their feet ... and the 'kerplunk' when the bails tumble to the ground.

post-104736-0-12299900-1339031400_thumb.

OH ... I have done some cross promotion over at the Fish Farm

StreetCoyboy ... don't give up so easily as I think I have identified the balance issue.

When you donned your spikes, they have a different centre of balance from your usual boots with spurs.

Some more time with the different footwear will improve your balance and thus ... your stroke making.

When you play with your wife has she complained recently about you being off balance and your stroke play not up to scratch of date?

"... and the crowd rises to his feet and cries out with one voice "Heavy?"

"No, Guinness, thanks"

and the crowd's dog barks, as he heads off to the bar...

And the bowler complains "Has anyone got any balls?"

SC

TV - Cricket

- the edited highlights

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all that help

As I was going to say when posting that image

This is a photo of the greatest cricket-er to play on this planet......or I thinks so. anyway...clap2.gif .

post-104736-0-80567400-1339012580_thumb.jpg

A cricketing cricket playing cricket cricket with other cricketing crickets, then the cricketing crickets, including this cricketing cricket take a break from cricket cricket to eat their cricket lunch including their cricket sandwiches (which don't contain crickets)...

good thing pigeons prefer grain to crickets.

I did a bit of cross-promotion (as you would expect from your Promotions Manager) over the UK Pensions thread. Feel free to follow-up ... maybe before it gets deleted as not being relevant.

But I am sure brit1984 would argue that everything is relevant to Cricket ... even Thailand!

So the UK Pensions Topic was like an unopened beer with the condensation bubbles just trickling down the outside on a hot Summers afternoon when you are parched and nary a person to be seen for miles ... I grabbed it.

(I did have another analogy ... but this is a family thread!)

The 1,000th post in the UK Pensions thread ... GOLD!

bendix was the 999th post.

Sometimes sense of occasion is lost on some people!

Speaking of occasion ... 2,000 post looms ... may I?

Cricket in the 20th Century (pun)

Nothing flash (we are more about substance then bling)... just a celebration of the team ... will run it past the Boss.

OK Boss?

Edited by David48

Please pleased do not let bendix in here.....he would put the brakes on everything.

Too late ... invitation is made.

Cricket has no ego .. everyone is welcome.

He has a sense of humour ... you just have to did a little deeper with bendix ... biggrin.png

You didn't buy me any.....can I use flip-flops?...biggrin.png

Just be careful with your front foot when going forward to a full-length delivery...

I have solved the problem for you ... post-104736-0-08462000-1339043467_thumb.

Can I order a shed-load for our worksites here?

Of course, the great thing about a pantechnicon rather than a flatbed is the reduced risk of a shed load.

SC

TV Cricket

- bowling along nicely, thank you

Speaking of visual images ... I came across this one as an explaination to the game.

post-104736-0-37106700-1339014899_thumb.

Maybe we could actually chat about the game of Cricket for a while ... whistling.gif

Thanks

The batsmen at the non-strikers end doesn't seem very focused; he should be backing-up

Speaking of visual images ... I came across this one as an explaination to the game.

post-104736-0-37106700-1339014899_thumb.

Maybe we could actually chat about the game of Cricket for a while ... whistling.gif

Thanks

The batsmen at the non-strikers end doesn't seem very focused; he should be backing-up

Batsmen at the non-strikers' end? That seems as much out of the spirit of cricket as those fielding patterns we saw earlier with spots for about thirty. One batsman at each end, please, or it's not cricket.

That's like trying to pass off locusts into one's cricket sandwiches

SC

TV Cricket

- we know what's cricket

If we change the rules so that only 6s count we can cut out all the running which is a waste of energy and also make the batsman at the non batting end redundant which leaves more drinks for me.

I did a bit of cross-promotion (as you would expect from your Promotions Manager) over the UK Pensions thread. Feel free to follow-up ... maybe before it gets deleted as not being relevant.

But I am sure brit1984 would argue that everything is relevant to Cricket ... even Thailand!

So the UK Pensions Topic was like an unopened beer with the condensation bubbles just trickling down the outside on a hot Summers afternoon when you are parched and nary a person to be seen for miles ... I grabbed it.

Nothing flash (we are more about substance then bling)... just a celebration of the team ... will run it past the Boss.

OK Boss?

The Boss always runs.

Just be careful with your front foot when going forward to a full-length delivery...

Ok to take the shoe string, from the Cheer Leader's top, to tie the flip-flops on?....whistling.gif

Can I order a shed-load for our worksites here?

Of course, the great thing about a pantechnicon rather than a flatbed is the reduced risk of a shed load.

SC

TV Cricket

- bowling along nicely, thank you

Waste of money ordering them........the steelcap, would be used for sinkers, when going fishing...

If we change the rules so that only 6s count we can cut out all the running which is a waste of energy and also make the batsman at the non batting end redundant which leaves more drinks for me.

Are you sayen that I'm, lazy, Harry....

Edited by kevjohn

OK Boss?

The Boss always runs.

No point in running till the trouble starts. Don't want to draw attention to yourself...

SC

TV Cricket

- Know when to run

OK Boss?

Thank you David (aka Shane Warne); excellent work as ever

I would like to welcome any UK pensioners joining the thread as a result of David's plug

I would also like to congratulate you on reaching 4 figures (although I did help)

I would also like to say sorry if I upset any of you with my suggestion to abolish state pensions

As you will see from this thread, I mean well, and am just trying to improve the world

Please feel free to provide your thoughts on how Thailand Needs Cricket

In particular, please state any problems in Thailand that could be solved by cricket

If you are feeling confrontational, maybe try to identify a problem with Thailand that cricket can't help with

Please note: The freezing of UK pensions for those residing in Thailand is an obvious concern for all of us, and the rise of cricket in Thailand could obviously help by giving David Cameron more of a reason to show an interest in Thailand. However, this thread is mostly focused on helping the Thai people (or helping them to help themselves).

Edited by brit1984

OK Boss?

Thank you David (aka Shane Warne); excellent work as ever

I would like to welcome any UK pensioners joining the thread as a result of David's plug

I would also like to congratulate you on reaching 4 figures (although I did help)

I would also like to say sorry if I upset any of you with my suggestion to abolish state pensions

As you will see from this thread, I mean well, and am just trying to improve the world

Please feel free to provide your thoughts on how Thailand Needs Cricket

In particular, please state any problems in Thailand that could be solved by cricket

If you are feeling confrontational, maybe try to identify a problem with Thailand that cricket can't help with

Please note: The freezing of UK pensions for those residing in Thailand is an obvious concern for all of us, and the rise of cricket in Thailand could obviously help by giving David Cameron more of a reason to show an interest in Thailand. However, this thread is mostly focused on helping the Thai people (or helping them to help themselves).

Hear Hear.....clap2.gif

We would like to voice our opposition to your plan, as such a rule change may have negative consequences on the socio-economic grouping of the spectatorship (and hence on the value of sponsorship).

We would like to voice our opposition to your plan, as such a rule change may have negative consequences on the socio-economic grouping of the spectatorship (and hence on the value of sponsorship).

more time for the rest of the team to get massages though biggrin.png

Now I know why the Boss put your logo on the back of my shirt......Good idear Boss.... single runs...More exposure for the sponor.

Edited by kevjohn

Now I know why the Boss put your logo on the back of my shirt......Good idear Boss.... single runs...More exposure for the sponor.

We like the way you think young man

Would you like a job in our marketing department?

Are you suggesting the team is from a higher socio-economic grouping than the spectators? If so, we may have to consider your proposal to amend the laws of cricket more carefully.

If, on the other hand, you are suggesting there are more people in the team than there will be spectators, we may have to re-consider our sponsorship commitments.

We like the way you think young man

Would you like a job in our marketing department?

So long as yah have a wheel-chair

and plenty of coffee with milk, 2 sugars and a pinch of salt, then we have a deal.thumbsup.gif

Must have salt for me coffee though...OK...smile.png

Oh! forgot to tell yah......Yah need to buy a coffee plantation....clap2.gif

Edited by kevjohn

Are you suggesting the team is from a higher socio-economic grouping than the spectators? If so, we may have to consider your proposal to amend the laws of cricket more carefully.

If, on the other hand, you are suggesting there are more people in the team than there will be spectators, we may have to re-consider our sponsorship commitments.

I see one problem...you advise on your website those getting a massage not to drink first..........could rule out a few players.

I'll defer to the Boss re the 20th Century Posting (we don't want the UK Pension Mod coming and nicking that one) ... whistling.gif

post-104736-0-13248700-1339058585_thumb.

Because this thread goes off over night, I won't be here for the 2,000th post so has the Boss a plan for it?

Edited by David48

I'll defer to the Boss re the 20th Century Posting (we don't want the UK Pension Mod coming and nicking that one) ... whistling.gif

Because this thread goes off over night, I won't be here for the 2,000th post so has the Boss a plan for it?

Maybe it's drinks, and one coffee, all round.....biggrin.png

Maybe it's drinks, and one coffee, all round.....biggrin.png

could that be coffees and one drink all round or the misses mightn't let me stay up.