Would You Buy Me A Beer?

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No. but only cos I like you.

more beers will give you a beer gut!

then all the lovely ladies wont be calling you hansum man anymore!

see, am only looking after your interest :whistling:

see, am only looking after your interest whistling.gif

Not to offend Mig16 but.................it seams you have scored a "SPECIAL BUDDY" clap2.gif

Good on ya mate. thumbsup.gif

From my experience you really need to excel in the beer gut department to not get the hansum man treatment

SC

From my experience you really need to excel in the beer gut department to not get the hansum man treatment

SC

Thanks for that explanation SCwink.png ........You have now enlightened me as to what my serious problem is sad.png

as you can notice from my avatar.smile.png

Edited by kevjohn

I bought you one last night, but you never showed, so I drank it before it got warm;

so it'll be your shout next time...

SC

No problem SC. I had half a dozen on your tab at Diggers. Those guys have long memories....

Oh, great. So now I can never go back...

Have I told you about my trip to the Scottish bar on Sukhumvit Road (that subsequently moved to Soi 22, I believe?)

If so, then you can close this post now...

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

I was walking up the South Side of Sukhumvit Road, from Emporium towards Asoke, and in those days there was a pub with a sign of red lion rampant on a gold background. So I went in; inside, it was like any third-rate Bangkok bar, thick with smoke and linoleum on the floor; so I perched on a stool at the bar and bought a bottle of Singha. The auld fella next to me says in a broad Glasgow accent

"So whair'r you fi?"

"Hong Kong"

"Hong Kong? Ah wi twenty-two year in Hong Kong wi' Swire Pacific. D'ye ken Swite Pacific?"

"Yes, they own Cathay Pacific and the coca-cola franchse. So are you retired here now, then"

"Aye, I'm retired after 22 year in Hong Kong wi swire pacific. D'ye ken Swire Pacific"

"Yes..."

anyway, I drank up quick as I could and made a sharp exit, thinking "This is just like back home - I'm never going back!"

SC

Think I saw the same guy picking a fly out of his beer, squeezing it and shouting spit it oot, spit it oot.

• Like 1

Thanks for that explanation SCwink.png ........You have now enlightened me as to what my serious problem is sad.png

Hummmmmmm ...

kevjohn, you are restricting yourself to one serious problem?

Your enthusium is overwhelming, and I truely believe you will make the 1,000 posts in under month ... maybe a record for TVF?

... and no, I won't explain what 'blowing bubbles' meant ... happy.png

Hummmmmmm ...

Your enthusium is overwhelming, and I truely believe you will make the 1,000 posts in under month ... maybe a record for TVF?

David48.........Why would I have any other problems? sad.png

I'm too busy doing research. coffee1.gif

Hummmmmmm ...

Hay man.... I've still got 660 odd posts to go. sad.png

Anyway........... I already have my TV record.........I have a SPECIAL BUDDY.....just ask George. wink.png

Hummmmmmm ...

Anyway........... I already have my TV record.........I have a SPECIAL BUDDY.....just ask George. wink.png

Anyway....what's this to do with buying a beer for somkie38?

He needs some more " Yes I will " votes so that he will have a constant supply.

Foregot to tell ya smokie36

The forum only allows one vote sad.png

so I will offer to buy you 10 if this is mached by David48. clap2.gif

Is it on David48? smile.png

Plus, I will bubble that if you can get another match....OK. thumbsup.gif

We aussies aren't stingy. cheesy.gif

Edited by kevjohn

I bought you one last night, but you never showed, so I drank it before it got warm;

so it'll be your shout next time...

SC

No problem SC. I had half a dozen on your tab at Diggers. Those guys have long memories....

Oh, great. So now I can never go back...

Have I told you about my trip to the Scottish bar on Sukhumvit Road (that subsequently moved to Soi 22, I believe?)

If so, then you can close this post now...

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

I was walking up the South Side of Sukhumvit Road, from Emporium towards Asoke, and in those days there was a pub with a sign of red lion rampant on a gold background. So I went in; inside, it was like any third-rate Bangkok bar, thick with smoke and linoleum on the floor; so I perched on a stool at the bar and bought a bottle of Singha. The auld fella next to me says in a broad Glasgow accent

"So whair'r you fi?"

"Hong Kong"

"Hong Kong? Ah wi twenty-two year in Hong Kong wi' Swire Pacific. D'ye ken Swite Pacific?"

"Yes, they own Cathay Pacific and the coca-cola franchse. So are you retired here now, then"

"Aye, I'm retired after 22 year in Hong Kong wi swire pacific. D'ye ken Swire Pacific"

"Yes..."

anyway, I drank up quick as I could and made a sharp exit, thinking "This is just like back home - I'm never going back!"

SC

Think I saw the same guy picking a fly out of his beer, squeezing it and shouting spit it oot, spit it oot.

Beer-marinaded flies are the best.

at the end of today's fun and games i could be forking out on a bottle smokie me old mucker !

but, that aside i would shout you a beer any time ! be it back in the U.K. or watching the world go by somewhere in the LOS. wai.gif

We might find time next month mate. I am in London Sunday 10th. Are you gonna be around for a quick beer or two then?

I thought you said '...a quack beer'

SC

• Like 1

at the end of today's fun and games i could be forking out on a bottle smokie me old mucker !

but, that aside i would shout you a beer any time ! be it back in the U.K. or watching the world go by somewhere in the LOS. wai.gif

We might find time next month mate. I am in London Sunday 10th. Are you gonna be around for a quick beer or two then?

SC

This last month or two ... you've been in fine form!

kevjohn ... you are the first poster that I can recall having a sequential triple posting ... that, in it's self must be a record!

OH ... I am sure that you have friends in high places ... unfortunately I have only friends in low places ... want to trade places?

OH OH ... just quietly ... the odd spell checking wouldn't go astray ... post-104736-0-70910400-1336989908.gif

Edited by David48

Yep ... kevjohn, it's on.

The deal is that I will buy the beers ALL night ... even ring the bell (and no, I am not going to explain that one either!) if smokie36 flys me over ... but I'm still waiting for the ticket ... until then, it's all just bluster.

kevjohn ... you are the first poster that I can recall having a sequential triple posting ... that, in it's self must be a record!

OH ... I am sure that you have friends in high places ... unfortunately I have only friends in low places ... want to trade places?

OH OH ... just quietly ... the odd spell checking wouldn't go astray ... post-104736-0-70910400-1336989908.gif

If it makes you happy then I will trade places with you...I don't need friends in high placeswink.png

but on one condition, you be my spell checker.

My dear old Mum could tell you some stories re my spelling but sadly she is no longer here

but I'm sure she is looking down on me and taking care.thumbsup.gif

Yep ... kevjohn, it's on.

The deal is that I will buy the beers ALL night ... even ring the bell (and no, I am not going to explain that one either!) if smokie36 flys me over ... but I'm still waiting for the ticket ... until then, it's all just bluster.

If he buys 2 tickets then you can both drink twice as long.wink.png

PS I'll drink yours and smokie's coffee. thumbsup.gif

Edited by kevjohn

<snip>

If it makes you happy then I will trade places with you...I don't need friends in high placeswink.png

My dear old Mum could tell you some stories re my spelling but sadly she is no longer here

Yeh, I understand, my Mums gone up too.

Actually, no want to change places ... then you'd get my girl, and I'm kind of sweet on her so ... 'deal no deal'

As for spell checking, I'm actually a shocker and it's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black ... but you have had some clangers!

What I do is type in the reply box, click the 'preview post' button at the bottom of the page for view form and fit then do a cut and past into a blank 'Word' document to check spelling and grammar.

Should there be one word that I have typed phonetically and the Word's spell checker doesn’t recognise my spelling I then type that word into a Google search and that almost always comes up trumps for the correct spelling.

That's what I do ... but it's a much longer process then what I assume you do and will probable slow you down.

And shuh disdain016.gif don't tell anyone ... just between you and me ... OK?

<snip>

Actually, no want to change places ... then you'd get my girl, and I'm kind of sweet on her so ... 'deal no deal'

As for spell checking, I'm actually a shocker and it's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black ... but you have had some clangers!

What I do is type in the reply box, click the 'preview post' button at the bottom of the page for view form and fit then do a cut and past into a blank 'Word' document to check spelling and grammar.

Should there be one word that I have typed phonetically and the Word's spell checker doesn’t recognise my spelling I then type that word into a Google search and that almost always comes up trumps for the correct spelling.

That's what I do ... but it's a much longer process then what I assume you do and will probable slow you down.

I check most words in the google search, but as you say, I do miss a lot

because if I don't throw in some mistakes, no one would beleive I'm a bad spellerwink.png .

Just to comment on that tripple post.....I'd keep seeing things that I had not answered

so, rather than go back and edit, I just post, as my time is quite taken up with all this research

for that other topic....You know.....the cricket one.clap2.gif

<snip>

Surely you jest?

Surely you jest?

I assume that is your own little witticism there, and you do not really believe that anyone posts on TV but that they do it in all seriousness, as a square with a straight bat (No, JT, that is not homophobic, its a cricketing term).

As if any amongst us had a sense of humour. Next you'll be saying that there are intelligent guys to be found amongst us...

SC

• Like 2

Surely you jest?

I assume that is your own little witticism there, and you do not really believe that anyone posts on TV but that they do it in all seriousness, as a square with a straight bat (No, JT, that is not homophobic, its a cricketing term).

As if any amongst us had a sense of humour. Next you'll be saying that there are intelligent guys to be found amongst us...

SC

I've read some things on here that have been serious and stranger than that (especially in the IT forum), hence the question mark.

As for the "little witticism", I cannot claim it as my own. I know well enough that of all the wares in the world there is none so poorly appraised as a poet's inventions: but, bethink you, even we poets must have money. Silver we need for wine; and for wenches — not silver but gold.

SC

You've confused me now SC.

Kwak is an excellent Belgian beer with its own unusual glass (be wary of that).

If you are referring to ducks brewing beer then that is simply ridiculous. How could they? They are too dumb.

Saying that though someone told me of a duck he knew who sat behind a computer with a tin hat and a sheriff badge pinned to his chest. Tapping away he was apparently.

Far fetched but I'm tempted to believe that story...he is normally a reliable source. wink.png

blink.png Have I been banned again?

You were correct to note that some impostor has pinched smokie37 for himself.

Hey the four of you who said no...if i make it to smokie100 by Christmas will you buy me a mulled wine? w00t.gif

Hmm I have had a thorough look around the rules and it seems you aren't allowed to moderate my drinking habits.

Therefore i will let this one pass the censor.

But be careful...I'm watching you Mig16!

SC

"But darling I'm doing it for you..."