Would You Buy Me A Beer?

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Smokie36 there is really no need to ask.

If I meet you back in Thailand I would most certainly do so.

Just have to keep the Aussie government happy, for a couple of years, before I'm back.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Hummmmmmm ... I looked at those choices long and hard and eventually went with "You are skint? Ok I will...."

But may I add one caveat ... I'll buy the beer all night ... I'll even do a ShanePashen and ring the bell ... if you'll buy my airfare ... whistling.gif

Hummmmmmm ... I looked at those choices long and hard and eventually went with "You are skint? Ok I will...."

But may I add one caveat ... I'll buy the beer all night ... I'll even do a ShanePashen and ring the bell ... if you'll buy my airfare ... whistling.gif

But you earn AUS$....OK I know you are too stingy to pay for the flight to Samui so I will make my way by foot to Phuket.

Just no nicking the beer mats OK?

But you earn AUS$....OK I know you are too stingy to pay for the flight to Samui so I will make my way by foot to Phuket.

No. Only the aussie women do that.wink.png

No. Only the aussie women do that.wink.png

True. The blokes are too busy crying about the Ashes...smile.png

• Like 1

I bought you one last night, but you never showed, so I drank it before it got warm;

so it'll be your shout next time...

SC

No problem SC. I had half a dozen on your tab at Diggers. Those guys have long memories....

I bought you one last night, but you never showed, so I drank it before it got warm;

SC

No problem SC. I had half a dozen on your tab at Diggers. Those guys have long memories....

Oh, great. So now I can never go back...

Have I told you about my trip to the Scottish bar on Sukhumvit Road (that subsequently moved to Soi 22, I believe?)

If so, then you can close this post now...

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

I was walking up the South Side of Sukhumvit Road, from Emporium towards Asoke, and in those days there was a pub with a sign of red lion rampant on a gold background. So I went in; inside, it was like any third-rate Bangkok bar, thick with smoke and linoleum on the floor; so I perched on a stool at the bar and bought a bottle of Singha. The auld fella next to me says in a broad Glasgow accent

"So whair'r you fi?"

"Hong Kong"

"Hong Kong? Ah wi twenty-two year in Hong Kong wi' Swire Pacific. D'ye ken Swite Pacific?"

"Yes, they own Cathay Pacific and the coca-cola franchse. So are you retired here now, then"

"Aye, I'm retired after 22 year in Hong Kong wi swire pacific. D'ye ken Swire Pacific"

"Yes..."

anyway, I drank up quick as I could and made a sharp exit, thinking "This is just like back home - I'm never going back!"

SC

• Like 2

SC

Something wrong with room temp beer?

Nothing a bit of ice wouldn't have cured. I was planning to eat the flies for breakfast as well. SC is so hasty sometimes!

How much can a beer be at 7/11 these days?

RM13 for a 500 ml Tiger, if my memory serves me correctly.

Its cheaper at 99, but they close mid-evening.

SC

25 Baht for a large Chang at a small mom n pop store I know....well knew....I have moved up in the world since those days. So says my squeeze anyway. Now I'm not allowed to go there any more. sad.png

SC

25 Baht for a large Chang at a small mom n pop store I know....well knew....I have moved up in the world since those days. So says my squeeze anyway. Now I'm not allowed to go there any more. sad.png

Now......come on,don't leave us in the dark.

Now, why are not allowed to go there any more?

This might make thing interesting. biggrin.png

SC

Apparently she is embarrassed at me poncing drinks off the locals. It was perfectly acceptable to share a bottle when I lived in Trinidad, I really don't know why she is so against it.

If she gave me more pocket money I could buy one back now and again!

• Like 1

SC

women just don't understandsad.png

Apparently she is embarrassed at me poncing drinks off the locals. It was perfectly acceptable to share a bottle when I lived in Trinidad, I really don't know why she is so against it.

If she gave me more pocket money I could buy one back now and again!

LOL

totster :D

at the end of today's fun and games i could be forking out on a bottle smokie me old mucker !

but, that aside i would shout you a beer any time ! be it back in the U.K. or watching the world go by somewhere in the LOS. wai.gif

• Like 1

at the end of today's fun and games i could be forking out on a bottle smokie me old mucker !

but, that aside i would shout you a beer any time ! be it back in the U.K. or watching the world go by somewhere in the LOS. wai.gif

We might find time next month mate. I am in London Sunday 10th. Are you gonna be around for a quick beer or two then?