Is It Possible To Convert A Honda Wave 110 To Electric Start

It's sort of like changing the CPU on a laptop.

Sure, you can do it.

But the cost is so prohibitive that it makes no sense. Different battery, wiring, switches, the starter motor, etc.

Sell the old Wave, buy another one with electric start is my advice.

• Like 1

It's sort of like changing the CPU on a laptop.

Sure, you can do it.

But the cost is so prohibitive that it makes no sense. Different battery, wiring, switches, the starter motor, etc.

Sell the old Wave, buy another one with electric start is my advice.

i see your point but what i would like to know is whether a starter motor would slot straight in to the engine or are there some mechanical parts (ie crankcase design) that would stop u doing that

I'm not a Honda tech so I don't know the complete answer to your question.

I would guess that yes, a starter motor is a simple attachment with a standard bracket to the Wave. Different engine cover(s)?

Then you have to rewire the wiring loom, add the starter switch at the right side handlebar, change the battery to one with more amperes, etc.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

A friend of mine has fifty bikes he rents. He has been doing it almost 20 years.

He has been riding bikes of 60 years, yes he is quite old now.

He knows all of the little things about his dreams, waves, clicks, etc.

He looked into it, with very knowledgeable mechanics who told him the same as the above..... keep the bike to continue using it for whatever purpose , and buy a bike with an electric start.

Yes it's not so difficult to upgrade the Honda Wave 110 with a electric-starter, the only problem is that buying a new starter clutch assembly, starter motor, crankcase cover and a few little things I forget is not as cheap as you might think. The question is are you willing to invest relative big on 4-year old Honda Wave 110, while you can sell it and pay a bit extra and buy a good Honda Wave 125 with electric-starter back.

Don't worry the Honda Wave with or without Electric-Starter have both the same alternator (Honda part 31120-KPH-881).

So while it's easily done, I would join the group that says sell it and buy a Wave with electric-starter back...

Edited by Richard-BKK