Mae Hia Questions

drnkurmlkshk

We are thinking about renting a house in a new mooban in the Mae Hia area. We have a couple of questions:

How is traffic getting up to the city?

Is there a lot of noise from income/outgoing planes?

Are there pretty good choices for eating out in that area?

Where exactly is the RimPing super market? We cannot seem to find the exact location on google map.

Thanks for the help.

I live fairly close to the south end of the runway and the noise, of course, depends how close you are. There are no flights between midnight-7AM and take offs are form both directions so it seems that there are not a lot of planes taking off. After some time you notice it less. Air force jets make a huge racket. Lots of eating spots along the ring road and on Canal Road. Unless you have specific items you need from Rimping I don't know why you (or anyone for that matter) would bother. You can get most of what you need from Big C, Makro or Mae Hia market on Canal Road. Rimping is in Kad Farang shopping centre in Hang Dong or Nim City Daily near Airport Central. Traffic is busy along Hang Dong Road (car or motorbike?) and there is morning and evening 'rush hour'. Canal Road is not as bad. I use the river road a lot.

Edited by sticklee

To get into town, depending on where you are in Mae Hia subdistrict you may have a choice using either the Hang Dong Road, or the Canal Road. A Third option is first along the Middle Ring, then along the river. So you have plenty options getting into town. Many restaurants there also.

Plane noise depends on where you are. If you are actually on top of the Mae Hia subdistrict office (very near Big C) then it may be an issue. But close to the Canal Road it's mostly a non-issue. Go stand there for 30 minutes in the morning, then you will see how close planes get.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai