Thai Police Officer Arrested, Warrant Out For Superintendent On Cash-Delivery Truck Robbery

webfact

Police officer arrested, warrant out for superintendent on cash-delivery truck robbery

image_2012051519094750677A30-A0AE-6082-0A515F2B801A12F5.jpg

BANGKOK, May 16 - A police officer was apprehended for involvement in the March 26 cash delivery truck robbery in which over Bt4 million was stolen and one employee was wounded by a gunman after his arrest warrant was issued by the court.

The cash belonged to Kasikornbank’s Inburi branch in the central province of Singburi.

Arrest warrants for multiple serious charges were issued for one suspect, Pol Sgt Narai Tipprichatorn of the Investigation Division of the Nakhon Sawan Provincial Police, and Pol Col Pijit Gromprasit, Superintendent of Kamphaeng Phet's Sai-Ngam Provincial Police. The latter, celebrating his promotion last month, was also charged for masterminding the robbery, while the former was suspected of providing an AK-47 to the gunmen.

Other charges included involvement in a robbery, possessing weapons and ammunition in public without permission, causing injuries to and attempting to kill others, and using a vehicle to commit crime.

Deputy National Police Chief Pol Gen Pansiri Prapawat said the Singburi court approved arrest warrants for seven men persons, three of whom have been already apprehended.

He ordered the two police officers temporary suspension from duty and a probe panel set-up to investigate them, which could expand to others involved in the case.

Meanwhile, Kamphaeng Phet Provincial Police Commander Pol Maj Gen Prasert Kalarat said, however, the superintendent Pol Col Pijit usually had friendly behaviour and was always present in the area.

According to the commander, the superintendent had said he would turn himself in the afternoon regarding the robbery case, but did not appear as time passed, and his office was quiet. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-05-16

" Pol Maj Gen Prasert Kalarat said, however, the superintendent Pol Col Pijit usually had friendly behaviour and was always present in the area." However, this may change.

I wonder where the colonel got the money to buy his promotion?

• Like 2

" Pol Maj Gen Prasert Kalarat said, however, the superintendent Pol Col Pijit usually had friendly behaviour and was always present in the area." However, this may change.

It fell of the back of a truck

• Like 2

The way this situation has been handled defies logic, both of the offending police officers should be in lockup awaiting formal charges, whats the bet the senior officer involved has already skipped across the border into Cambodia, and how many other officers are involved?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

He ordered the two police officers temporary suspension from duty and a probe panel set-up to investigate them, which could expand to others involved in the case.

Other charges included involvement in a robbery, possessing weapons and ammunition in public without permission, causing injuries to and attempting to kill others, and using a vehicle to commit crime.

temporary suspension from duty and a probe panel set-up to investigate them

The mind boggles. :rolleyes:

In miracle-amazing-bangkok-is-waiting-for-you Thailand I would sincerely expect both police men to be in leg-chains in jail awaiting trial from the first moment, a trial which will send them to prison not only for theft but for attempted murder by firing AK47 at close range at an innocent employee. While they are rotting in jail they should also apologise formally to the employee & his family. The employee should also recieve generous compensation for damages and distress.

• Like 1

however, the superintendent Pol Col Pijit usually had friendly behaviour and was always present in the area.

Well there you go. Just be friendly and always show up in the area and no one, least of all your boss will suspect a thing.thumbsup.gif

I'm sure temporary suspension from duty could also be described as a paid holiday... awesome stuff, let's really crack down on these corrupt policeman by punishing them to the fullest extent of the law. Armed robbery? Send them on a few weeks paid leave... that'll teach them!

FYI. Thaksin was a police before he got rich.

For your information Thaksin was rich before he became a "police".

"By the time Thaksin was born, the Shinawatra family was one of the richest and most influential families in Chiang Mai." Wiki.

• Like 2

The chief of Sai Ngam district police in Kamphaeng Phet province was assassinated on April 19,2011. I don't know if it's the same position, but probably is since they're both full Colonels.

"By the time Thaksin was born, the Shinawatra family was one of the richest and most influential families in Chiang Mai." Wiki.

But he was doing his best to change that - from the same article

"Thaksin and his wife began several businesses while he was still in the police, including a silk shop, a movie theater, and an apartment building. All were failures and left him over 50 million baht in debt. In 1982 he established ICSI; using his police contacts, he leased computers to government agencies with modest success. However, later ventures in security systems (SOS) and public bus radio services (Bus Sound) all failed.[38][39] In April 1986, he founded Advanced Info Service (AIS), which started off as a computer rental business.[40], "

"using his police contacts" is a euphemism for writing the specs for a contract which was then awarded to him by the CoP (aka father-in-law).

The article goes on to describe a very dodgy deal involving Chalerm (another losing concern), and the gift of a monopoly for AIS from his mates in the military. World's greatest businessman, my Rs.

Thaksin: Second Edition Pasuk Phongpaichit (Author), Chris Baker (Author)

If memory serves correctly, this book had quite a bit about Thaksin's early days. While the extended family was rich, his father failed in many businesses and they were not relatively well-off.

"Thaksin and his wife began several businesses while he was still in the police, including a silk shop, a movie theater, and an apartment building. All were failures and left him over 50 million baht in debt. In 1982 he established ICSI; using his police contacts, he leased computers to government agencies with modest success. However, later ventures in security systems (SOS) and public bus radio services (Bus Sound) all failed.[38][39] In April 1986, he founded Advanced Info Service (AIS), which started off as a computer rental business.[40], "

"using his police contacts" is a euphemism for writing the specs for a contract which was then awarded to him by the CoP (aka father-in-law).

The article goes on to describe a very dodgy deal involving Chalerm (another losing concern), and the gift of a monopoly for AIS from his mates in the military. World's greatest businessman, my Rs.

Thanks for helping me out.

ah, who is the major boss of crime in thailand? who controls it and gets the shakes down ?

never seem surprised when i see police officer driving a big mercedes parked in front of is moo bahn villa on his government salary

Thanks for helping me out.

You are welcome, that's what we famously friendly farangs are here for.tongue.png

The chief of Sai Ngam district police in Kamphaeng Phet province was assassinated on April 19,2011. I don't know if it's the same position, but probably is since they're both full Colonels.

First create a vacancy.................

Sent via my Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio

+1 +1 Last one best though clap2.gif

Considering your quoted source I would be very skeptical but I do believe in this instance that it is a fairly accurate statement.

Wiki should be considered as nothing more than a starting point when researching anything, certainly not as a definitive source.

It should be noted a large chunk of his now considerable fortune was made in the 97 crash and via TRT's 2001 changes to telecoms regulations, tax dodging etc.

Anyway the police or military academies here seem to be nothing more than networking sites for people who are essentially criminals or have criminal intent.