Bangkok Party?

raro

Bangkok Party?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ok folks, there hasn't been a Thaivisa party in Bangkok for a while. Anyone up to a meet and greet, some food and drinks?

Please let us know your ideas, suggestions for a location and what you would expect from such a party...with/without kids? Boys night out? With live music later on?

B)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the suggested things RARO suggests sound good, maybe it would be better without children as they are supposed to go to bed early and this might be a dumper on the outcome, but howevwer sounds good idea. Finding a good timimg is more difficult since it looks to me a lot of us travel a lot.

impossible for me, i'll be in europe that period

You'll have noticed I was laughing...yes that date would suit me but its never going to suit everyone. No date will. wink.png

absolutely correct, anyway if i can i will be there, if not all the best and fun

Thanks for the great feedback, as of now we have 87 votes and Sukhumvit area is clear leading the race. Keep coming with your comments and suggestions, we are listening!

Decisions, decisionscoffee1.gif

I have been to two get togethers, one organised by the Nation and funded by them, the other by a forum and self funded, neither repeated, so perhaps third time lucky.

Members of TV are a very varied selection of people and tastes, how do you cater for all? I am not a heavy drinker, I don't like mega decibel music, but I'm sure many younger members are the exact opposite.

Picnic - Lumpini Park - have a start time but people can turn up pretty much ad-hoc. I'm sure there must be a TV biz that would sponsor a keg or esky in return for photos and signage.

Nice idea in theory, however I don't think you're normally allowed to bring beer into Lumpini? Also, the public and open plan nature of the place means it would be difficult to stop any random people from just turning up, which dilutes the Thaivisa-ness of it.

If outdoor venues are what we're after, British Club maybe? There you have all the F&B facilities, outdoor areas, it's kid & family friendly, and you can easily regulate who can/can't come in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

How would you regulate who comes in and out?

I'm easy as for location, however Bang Na is a bit far out, from Lak-si for me......

I would guess the majority would be in relationships, so a couple's night would be a fair game bet for destination suiting, and preferably, assuming this is a meet up for talking, getting to know members and common interests, then a quieter venue would be nice, as opposed to music madness and crazy dancing.... in my humble opinion, of course.

Timing should be to suit TV occasion and not all members availability, as the latter would just never work.

-mel.

Sent from my Betamax video recorder. ;)

Edited by MEL1

why not even a chance for a charity party, (most difficult decision should be who will be the beneficiary) maybe should be more easy even find a locator, informal style more appreciate, must to be a funny party anyway

First week of July for me.

However if its "Boys Only" then you will have to count me out!

Any chance of an afternoon session instead??Sometime???

I'm in favour of an "all members" (male, female, other / farang, Thai, other / etc) party.

We can start drinking in the afternoon, no objections from my side. I'd prefer a venue with a roof though, as I'd hope for a date before the end of the rainy season (which apparently started today in Bangkok).

Will Quietman be there ??

I dun like clingy people.

How will we know each other ??

Can we bring dates....hiso or loso...whats the cutoff point ??

If I brought a ladyboy that I know...that none of you will recognise....would you hold it against me ??

If I brought a ladyboy that I know...that none of you will recognise....would you hold it against me ??

Don't know.

Most people shower before going out.

Name tags. :lol:

Yes +1 is usually the way we do it.

Up to you - probably.

Sent from my HTC One X using Thaivisa Connect App

Define "clingy people".

We will know each other, believe me.

You can bring dates, prunes, and other dried fruit. There is no cutoff point for people, as long as they keep their clothes on.

There is definitely no problem with ladyboys.