Thai Police Arrest Brit With Foetuses For Black Magic

Lite Beer

"Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu. But I think it's Colin." Tommy Cooper

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before I even entered the thread I knew I would see a foreign name, not racist or bigoted, I just knew it

I totally agree with you. The stupid tolerant west has given thousands of passports to scum from the following countries and they muddy our reputations. Afghanistan,SriLanka,India,Malaysia and China. These crooks use our passports to travel the world and create mayhem. How often do you hear.... "Australian arrested in Vietnam with drugs or Australian arrested in China with young children held captive in room" ...theyre not Aussies, theyre Asians with Aussie passports issued by Canberra. Same situation goes for Canadians, Brits and Americans.

Its not racism.

• Like 1

before I even entered the thread I knew I would see a foreign name, not racist or bigoted, I just knew it

I totally agree with you. The stupid tolerant west has given thousands of passports to scum from the following countries and they muddy our reputations. Afghanistan,SriLanka,India,Malaysia and China. These crooks use our passports to travel the world and create mayhem. How often do you hear.... "Australian arrested in Vietnam with drugs or Australian arrested in China with young children held captive in room" ...theyre not Aussies, theyre Asians with Aussie passports issued by Canberra. Same situation goes for Canadians, Brits and Americans.

Its not racism.

Of course not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy

I am astonished that under 154 replies to this topic only 2 posters realized that these fetuses were actually so called "Gumarn Thong" - baby spirits caught in a mummified corpse of a baby/foetus, which occur in two versions: naturally mummified, which is the most sought after and rare version, and artificially mummified by slow roasting of the corpse under observation of elaborate religious ceremonies. Similar exists with mummified adults - called "Ajarn Thong". Many temples display also corpses of naturally mummified monks, which is seen in Thailand (and many other Bhuddist countries) as a sign for high spiritual achievement of the monk while he was alive.

Furthermore - many sought after amulets here in Thailand contain ashes or bone fragments of venerated monks, mixed into the plaster. From now on, all the enraged posters here should maybe find out if the amulets they carry around may not contain such.

What many seem to forget here is that also in the west there are still many forms of sacred human remains existing, such as the worship of relics - whole corpses of saints or body parts, often adorned in gold and jewels.

It is utterly embarrassing that the two posters that have taken notice that these fetuses are part of a very well known religious practice here have been completely ignored by the rest for the sake of ignorant expressions of cultural superiority, or to pointlessly argue over issues of racism.

How revealing...

Edited by nicknostitz
  • Like 1

A person can be British and an ethnic Chinese or African or Indian, but he cannot be English (or Welsh, Scottish or Irish), he can be a citizen of the UK but he cannot be a Briton as this is an ethnic description.

My father was a Scot, my mother was Welsh, I was born in London, so I am clearly British but I'm not sure if I am English, however ethnically I am Celtic.biggrin.png

Tough luck .....hey! cheesy.gif

Of more concern should be finding the sick bugger who sold the fetuses. As its highly probably that he or she has more, given the fact that he or she has just sold six for a million baht - seems like a rather sick but lucrative way to make money

And how did they know to seek this 'Brit' out and search his bag?

Read the press release again ! rolleyes.gif

I am astonished that under 154 replies to this topic only 2 posters realized that these fetuses were actually so called "Gumarn Thong" - baby spirits caught in a mummified corpse of a baby/foetus, which occur in two versions: naturally mummified, which is the most sought after and rare version, and artificially mummified by slow roasting of the corpse under observation of elaborate religious ceremonies. Similar exists with mummified adults - called "Ajarn Thong". Many temples display also corpses of naturally mummified monks, which is seen in Thailand (and many other Bhuddist countries) as a sign for high spiritual achievement of the monk while he was alive.

Furthermore - many sought after amulets here in Thailand contain ashes or bone fragments of venerated monks, mixed into the plaster. From now on, all the enraged posters here should maybe find out if the amulets they carry around may not contain such.

What many seem to forget here is that also in the west there are still many forms of sacred human remains existing, such as the worship of relics - whole corpses of saints or body parts, often adorned in gold and jewels.

It is utterly embarrassing that the two posters that have taken notice that these fetuses are part of a very well known religious practice here have been completely ignored by the rest for the sake of ignorant expressions of cultural superiority, or to pointlessly argue over issues of racism.

How revealing...

Some of us have never heard of this practice before, I have seen the mummified monks before but had never heard of mummified foetuses, before now I was ignorant of mummified foetuses being valued as religious artfacts, and due to my ingorance I find the practice repulsive, nothing to do with cultural superiority or rascism, in my case it is repulsion caused by cultural ignorance, my wife is Thai and an ex-buddhist, she has seen many things to with the animistic practices and she says she was unaware of this particular practice, she also finds it repulsive.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

How revealing...

This isn't about cultural superiority. It's about using dead human babies for religious practices. I don't think that any society would condone this, but please, do make this an issue of "racism". I would love to see how the world and especially those who feel disenfranchised would react to their assumed association with such rituals. I would love to see how the Shinto, Buddhist, Hindu, Christian, Muslim and other religions feel about using mummified human fetuses for religious rituals. Thanks for the laugh.

Its not racism.

Reminds me of a guy called Garry Glitter, he could'nt possible be Brit could he! Anybody know which part of Asia he came from. sad.png

He could have picked up any number of things in Britain.

Most of them treatable with an antibiotic.

This isn't about cultural superiority. It's about using dead human babies for religious practices. I don't think that any society would condone this, but please, do make this an issue of "racism". I would love to see how the world and especially those who feel disenfranchised would react to their assumed association with such rituals. I would love to see how the Shinto, Buddhist, Hindu, Christian, Muslim and other religions feel about using mummified human fetuses for religious rituals. Thanks for the laugh.

Of course, in the west we treat dead babies with the respect they're due ... in formaldehyde on display in a museum. In this case the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia. But virtually every museum in the west puts dead (especially non-white) babies on display for entertainment ... I mean education.

post-145917-0-78017300-1337402033_thumb.

post-145917-0-93166600-1337402042_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69

How revealing...

Mummified relics? Well there are lots of them in churches. I think there is supposed to be a relic in every alter of a Catholic church. I know I have one in my pocket that my mother gave me. Then there is Egypt and all the mummies in the museums. Mummified relics are really pretty mainstream. In your list of religions you didn't mention Taoism. Big religion and some pretty strange stuff especially for doctors. Try google Chinese doctors and Taoism. Then of course there are mummified political leaders.

How revealing...

It is utterly embarrassing that in the new millenium people are still hanging onto ancient superstitions. Should humans not have outgrown such silliness?

Hard to imagine a British person doing that...I would expect that kind of thing from some Thai people being as superstitious as they are, but from a person from the west...hardly, but then again, the world is full of suprises

Many many British people, as well as "people from the west" are now Asians, didn't you know that?

The mere thought of using babies for this ritual is sickening.

These aren't dead babies, they are fetuses you ijit.

And many many societies condone all kinds of stuff like this as religious practice, look at all the magical bits and pieces of saints floating around the Catholic church.

Sure it sickens us, but that's just because we're not used to it. Far worse crimes committed by hoody-wearing slum gangsters as well as well-respected men in suits all over the developed world every day.

Oh the shock oh the horror - it's hypocrisy that makes **me** sick.

I wonder why Thailand?

If the fetuses from abortions were used, why didn't they just produce these in Taiwan, or even PRC?

I'm considering perhaps there is some sort of ritual to the way they are removed from the womb, or something along those lines.

Because the fact that abortions are in theory illegal here, just as with prostitution and drugs, creates a tendency for those in the prohibited industry to become mixed up with real criminals.

It is utterly embarrassing that in the new millenium people are still hanging onto ancient superstitions. Should humans not have outgrown such silliness?

I would hope that "outgrowing" automated mass slaughter of our fellow human beings in the name of "national interest" would be a priority.

• Like 1

I would hope that "outgrowing" automated mass slaughter of our fellow human beings in the name of "national interest" would be a priority.

I would hope that "outgrowing" automated mass slaughter of our fellow human beings in the name of "any religion" or "ideology" would be a priority.

How revealing...

My apologies, i should have mentioned the term "cultural ignorance" as well when having to read so many value based judgements based on narrow personal experience extrapolated solely from one's own personal background. That leads me to the obvious question: what are you doing in Thailand/Asia? Learning? Expanding one's horizon?

Not to go too deep into the subject matter, but to give a few examples for somewhat strange religious practices still quite alive in the region: In many Buddhist monasteries in Thailand monks do meditate in front of, and even on decomposing human corpses. In Hinduism, thanks that you mention it - there is even a practice of ritual cannibalism - just google the the terms "Aghora", "Aghori", or "left handed tantrism".

Just because certain religions or forms of worship are not for you, it does not necessary mean that they are to be condoned. Lets not forget please, while the issue of the fetuses may be a bit disgusting to some, it is not that that children were killed for the sake of that religious practice. They most definitely were remains of abortions, which though is a practice that is illegal in Thailand, but legal in most western countries, and only opposed by followers of the mainstream western religious cults of Christianity (and other in western countries minority religions).

What are your views on the issue of abortion?

• Like 2

if people in many countries are ignorant and superstitious maybe it is because it's often the education budget that gets cut, and the military budget that gets increased. You get what you pay for.

How revealing...

My apologies, i should have mentioned the term "cultural ignorance" as well when having to read so many value based judgements based on narrow personal experience extrapolated solely from one's own personal background. That leads me to the obvious question: what are you doing in Thailand/Asia? Learning? Expanding one's horizon?

Not to go too deep into the subject matter, but to give a few examples for somewhat strange religious practices still quite alive in the region: In many Buddhist monasteries in Thailand monks do meditate in front of, and even on decomposing human corpses. In Hinduism, thanks that you mention it - there is even a practice of ritual cannibalism - just google the the terms "Aghora", "Aghori", or "left handed tantrism".

Just because certain religions or forms of worship are not for you, it does not necessary mean that they are to be condoned. Lets not forget please, while the issue of the fetuses may be a bit disgusting to some, it is not that that children were killed for the sake of that religious practice. They most definitely were remains of abortions, which though is a practice that is illegal in Thailand, but legal in most western countries, and only opposed by followers of the mainstream western religious cults of Christianity (and other in western countries minority religions).

That leads me to the obvious question: what are you doing in Thailand/Asia? Learning? Expanding one's horizon?

I came here with my wife when she wanted to come home, everyday in Thailand is a new experience and something new learnt every day.

I do not agree with abortion unless the unborn child's life is in danger and it is too early in the pregnancy for an induced birth and there is nothing that can be done medically, or the mother's life is in danger because of the pregnancy and the above applies.

How revealing...

With over 7 billion humans and increasing, there needs to be more of them. Humanity has already become a human plague, an infestation.

How revealing...

I'm in full support of a woman's right to choose how she handles her children and body. What does that have to do with anything? Are you looking for support for such practices. Get the Vatican on the phone and ask them. I could care less what people do in their own time. That isn't going to make it palatable or salient to the world's audience. And please, I want to talk to your average Hindu about eating corpses. I mean the majority of Indians, who live in India or abroad. This is a ridiculous argument. It's like saying: "Well, some people murder other people so shouldn't we accept that it's a part of their culture to murder others." I'm not here for a cultural experiment. This isn't about learning about other cultures. Are you here for learning about other cultures? What are you doing in Asia?

• Like 1

That leads me to the obvious question: what are you doing in Thailand/Asia? Learning? Expanding one's horizon?

I came here with my wife when she wanted to come home, everyday in Thailand is a new experience and something new learnt every day.

I do not agree with abortion unless the unborn child's life is in danger and it is too early in the pregnancy for an induced birth and there is nothing that can be done medically, or the mother's life is in danger because of the pregnancy and the above applies.

Why then do you have straight away judge and condone the use of these fetuses? The most important part of learning every day is also accepting without judging that other cultures have different forms of religious worship.

As i have written before - the most valued "Gumarn Thong" are naturally mummified corpses of babies or fetuses. They have have died from natural causes, or were remains of abortions (and not aborted for the purpose of religious worship, if i may add). They are the same as relics in Christian churches, or displayed mummified monks in Bhuddhist temples - just flesh and bones.

These fetuses are worshiped, honored prayed to, ritually given toys, sweets and food, to make the spirit happy that according to the cult's followers inhabits this "gumarn thong".

In museums and laboratories dead babies are displayed in jars.

What now is the more respectful treatment of the remains of dead babies?

Why then do you have straight away judge and condone the use of these fetuses? The most important part of learning every day is also accepting without judging that other cultures have different forms of religious worship.

As i have written before - the most valued "Gumarn Thong" are naturally mummified corpses of babies or fetuses. They have have died from natural causes, or were remains of abortions (and not aborted for the purpose of religious worship, if i may add). They are the same as relics in Christian churches, or displayed mummified monks in Bhuddhist temples - just flesh and bones.

These fetuses are worshiped, honored prayed to, ritually given toys, sweets and food, to make the spirit happy that according to the cult's followers inhabits this "gumarn thong".

Used for some scientific research is better than some superstitious imaginary belief system.

I'm in full support of a woman's right to choose how she handles her children and body. What does that have to do with anything? Are you looking for support for such practices. Get the Vatican on the phone and ask them. I could care less what people do in their own time. That isn't going to make it palatable or salient to the world's audience. And please, I want to talk to your average Hindu about eating corpses. I mean the majority of Indians, who live in India or abroad. This is a ridiculous argument. It's like saying: "Well, some people murder other people so shouldn't we accept that it's a part of their culture to murder others." I'm not here for a cultural experiment. This isn't about learning about other cultures. Are you here for learning about other cultures? What are you doing in Asia?

Cool - you are fully supporting infanticide, yet you reject the religious worship of the remains of such abortions.

You seem to have an issue of comprehension. I have not stated that ritual cannibalism and "Aghora" are mainstream Hindu practices, but a practice that is well alive in India (and Nepal).

And yes, that is the point - i came to Asia to learn about and experience other cultures and to expand my horizon. We quite definitely live in different worlds.

Used for some scientific research is better than some superstitious imaginary belief system.

Science in only very rare case still needs babies in glass jars, especially not when displayed in museums.

We do life the the 21st century now.

Science in only very rare case still needs babies in glass jars, especially not when displayed in museums.

We do life the the 21st century now.

With the worship of dead babies, one would think humanity was still in the first century.