Can'T Get To Overseas Webpages (Tot Home Access)

rebo

Second time this week that connection with overseas webpages is almost zero so that getting a newspaper page needs 5 minutes or more. Even photos on TV threads which lay probably on overseas servers are not shown.

Anybody the same problem?

Yes I had the same experience, asked my wife to call her "friend" at TOT and within 5 minutes the connection was recovered and it seems faster as it was lately.

If it is still not working, just phone. There was also the advice to reset the modem for 5 minutes, probably for getting a new IP adress.

Edited by Joop50
  • Like 1

My girl just arrived home and told me some more Tot info, there seem to be a broken cable south of CM. So the alternate routing didn't work that well.

Edited by Joop50
  • Like 1

Same problems for me in Hang Dong area. Can not access web page outside Thailand since yesterday.

I tried closing modem 5 minutes and it work a lot better now but not as fast as usual.

I hope TOT repairs this cable soon.

Having the same problem here in Phitsanulok on a TOT ADSL line.

Today and yesterday most sites are unavailable and the ones I can reach is very slow.

Resetting my modem for more than 5 minutes didn't help.

A traceroute to the sites I can not reach dies at 180.180.248.218 which is:

descr: TOT Public Company Limited

descr: Zone A, 6th Floor, Building 1

descr: Swicthing and Network Interconnection System Standard Sector

descr: TOT Public Company

descr: 89/2 Moo 3 Chaengwatthana Road

More info in this thread:

Problem solved.

My wife called TOT customer center on 1100.

Selected ADSL.

Selected problems with internet.

Typed in the number for the phoneline with the ADSL.

Typed in her mobile number.

Recieved SMS about problem registrered - working on it.

I waited half hour stopped the modem for 5 minutes and now everything is OK.

There has been a major problem since a line broke in the South of Thailand nearly 3 weeks ago. They whole bunch over there just continually lie and say nothing is wrong. I pay almost 3k baht a month for a business package and am getting dial up speeds. :(

But it is the same old same old with Thai customer service. Once they make the initial sale, it is over. They do not care about follow up, will not return calls and will not accept it when you complain. When my wife talks to the manager at TOT he keeps interrupting her, talking over her and will never give a straight answer to any of her questions.

My wife feels this lazy, dishonest, uncaring attitude is why Thailand will ALWAYS be 3rd world. :(

@Koratpat have you tried calling customer center on 1100 as i explain in the post above yours?

It's an answering machine where you just click the numbers corresponding to your problem, then your landline number and your mobile number.

My problem was fixed within 35 minutes without having to talk to technicians, managers or doing any complaining.

Sabai sabai.

@Koratpat have you tried calling customer center on 1100 as i explain in the post above yours?

It's an answering machine where you just click the numbers corresponding to your problem, then your landline number and your mobile number.

My problem was fixed within 35 minutes without having to talk to technicians, managers or doing any complaining.

Sabai sabai.

They told me I have to call Korat TOT direct as I have a business package. I just did a speed test 229 up / 120 down and we were promised and used to get 12000 / 3000 sad.png

Edited by Koratpat

I'm on a 6 mb regular connection.

After the fix today I'm downloading with 250 kb/s. Before the fix it was down to 45-50 kb/s for the last couple of weeks.

Maybe you should downgrade your connection to save money, get better download speed and better support :)

They are promoting a 7 mb for 390 thb.

After the fix today I'm downloading with 250 kb/s. Before the fix it was down to 45-50 kb/s for the last couple of weeks.

Maybe you should downgrade your connection to save money, get better download speed and better support smile.png

They want to charge me a fat fee to downgrade.

But let's get real - they need to give me what they promised. Until people stop wai-ing, groveling and kissing their butts when they get cheated, nothing is going to change in Thailand.

Edited by Koratpat

They want to charge me a fat fee to downgrade.

But let's get real - they need to give me what they promised. Until people stop wai-ing, groveling and kissing their butts when they get cheated, nothing is going to change in Thailand.

Of course they have to give you what you pay for.

Tell them that if they don't fix it within a week, you cancel the subscription.

After the cancellation wait a few days and then order one of the cheaper packages.

And not that it helps you much, but right now I'm downlading a Lubuntu iso with 275-350 kb/s. :)

I'm TOT in Chiang Mai too, and it's been a very odd experience with this outage. Sometimes it will even affect DNS queries. But only _some_ DNS queries, others go through. Sometimes it is international traffic only, sometimes even TV has issues loading. Most of the time I'm getting ~100% packet throughput via ping but then there are times when I get 50% packet loss. It's almost like a Internet brownout.

I know a guy that rents a 2 bedroom house in Sisaket for 3k.

I know guys spending 1.5K for a short-time adventure. rolleyes.gif

I know a guy who tips 1.5K after paying for a short-time adventure.

Maybe you should downgrade your connection to save money, get better download speed and better support smile.png

250 kb/s? Wow, dial-up speeds. I'm sitting here whining about 1.9 Mbps (1,900 kb/s). I guess I should stop complaining. BTW - I'm using my building's Wi-Fi which traces to - Net owner: 3BB BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER IN THAILAND. Do all ISPs use the same cables to route to CM from BKK?

250 kb/s? Wow, dial-up speeds. I'm sitting here whining about 1.9 Mbps (1,900 kb/s). I guess I should stop complaining. BTW - I'm using my building's Wi-Fi which traces to - Net owner: 3BB BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER IN THAILAND. Do all ISPs use the same cables to route to CM from BKK?

DowntownAl, could you post a picture of those results please?

MSPain

Edited by hml367