Dropped 1 Baht Coin...Do You Pick It Up?

eeeya

This happens to me a lot... and they're a bugger to pick up off a tiled floor.

I usually have a go picking it up.. but if i cant get it after say 10 seconds of stooped over awkwardness i cop it as a loss...

Edited by eeeya

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but if i cant get it after say 10 seconds of stooped over

Can I assume that you don't eat with chopsticks? rolleyes.gif

im more concerned about looking like a embarrased constipated soi dog trying to take a dump on the street

is that 1 baht coin really worth is???

Someone in my entourage picks it up.

smile.png

is that after the team in front have thrown down a bed of 1 baht coins for you to walk upon

If you are familiar with Thai culture you know that is a serious faux pas. wink.png

Hahahaha you all made my day today. I can't stop smiling (this is NOT sarcasm) thanks all :) .... Constipated Soi dog, chop stick LOL

A:

1 baht is 1 baht if your living in Thailand and like most of us here were staying for a Long time. It might be best to try to live like a local (just a bit) So if it takes a WHOLE 7 seconds to pick up 1 baht who cares and do it. Would you not pick up a penny in the USA if you dropped it? ( for you non USA folks sorry I don't know what your smallest coin is) plus if a Thai see you drop a baht and not care about it it might re-enforce their negative option about rich farang.

I'm NOT a cheap Charlie but I do respect money and the value of it.

Just giving my 2 cents... ;)

PS. what about a .25 baht coin (1/4 baht) Mmmmm?

• Like 1

Someone in my entourage picks it up.

smile.png

is that after the team in front have thrown down a bed of 1 baht coins for you to walk upon

If you are familiar with Thai culture you know that is a serious faux pas. wink.png

a bit of dark humour wink.png

PS. what about a .25 baht coin (1/4 baht) Mmmmm?

keep those ones for restaurant tips (especially in ,5 star hotels ,steak shops and other high class establishments where the high rollers dine )

Edited by wana

There have been a couple of times when my wife has just about done a commando roll at the same time as almost pulling me off my feet to get to a one baht coin someone dropped on the footpath (only slight exageration used), but yes I usually will pick up a coin that I drop, unless its a busy place and picking up said dropped coin may result in stepped on fingers.

In all seriousness, no, I generally don't pick up 1 baht coins. I hate carrying around a bunch of 1 baht (and smaller) coins anyway. I'd pick up 5s and 10s, though.

I'd probably have a good chunk of cash if I took better care of all my one baht coins over the years, but it's just not worth it for me. Whoever finds that one baht coin probably appreciates it more than I do.

• Like 1

In all seriousness, no, I generally don't pick up 1 baht coins. I hate carrying around a bunch of 1 baht (and smaller) coins anyway. I'd pick up 5s and 10s, though.

I'd probably have a good chunk of cash if I took better care of all my one baht coins over the years, but it's just not worth it for me. Whoever finds that one baht coin probably appreciates it more than I do.

Boreing.Yawn.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

One baht? Serious question? I think not!

You are aware of who's head is on the 1 baht coin right? And you are saying you would leave it on the ground? Your actions would offend I think every Thai person in this country, and depending on your intentions, may in fact be illegal.

One baht? Serious question? I think not!

You are aware of who's head is on the 1 baht coin right? And you are saying you would leave it on the ground? Your actions would offend I think every Thai person in this country, and depending on your intentions, may in fact be illegal.

Nobody is going to take offence at an accidentally dropped coin ,purposely stomping on a coin to make a statement is another matter .....

Illegal to drop a coin ......cheesy.gif