Looking For A Motorbike Accessory Shop In Pattaya

jtiger

Could someone point to a shop in Pattaya selling motorbike accessories?

There are a few things I'm looking for: an air pressure gauge and possibly a pump.

Also based on reading the thread on helmets I need to find a place that will replace the tinted visor

on my helmet with a clear one..

And I'd just like to look around a good shop to see if there's anything that's interesting..

you can get a gauge and an air pump at Tesco or Big C. I think i saw some air pumps at Tesco South (Sukhumvit and Thepprasit).

The best place for a selection of helmets and visors is on South Pattaya Rd. I always forget the name of the side road, but if you head up South Rd towards Sukhumvit, you go past 3rd Rd with the big Mityon on your left, about 1 or 2 kms on the right is a bike accessories/helmet shop on the corner. I think there is a small set of traffic lights just before. Maybe they might have the other stuff you want too. They have visors for brands like Real and Index but doubt they'd have ones for more expensive brands.

Looking at google maps i think the side road is Ko Phai 12.921307,100.887244 or maybe the next road on the right. Sorry, i am crap with directions!

http://maps.google.c...z=19&iwloc=ddw0

Never had a problem with a tinted visor in Patts, but now having said that .........!

The other easy place for visors would be the Kawasaki shop on Sukhumvit. But the shop on South Rd has a more extensive range of the cheaper helmets.

Edited by taichiplanet
  • Like 1

Looking at google maps i think the side road is Ko Phai 12.921307,100.887244 or maybe the next road on the right. Sorry, i am crap with directions!

Thanks for the suggestions. I am familiar with that location and I'll look for the helmet shop tomorrow. I've gotten my bike washed on Khao Phai.

I stopped by the aforementioned helmet shop at the corner of Pattaya Tai and Khao Phai. It has a good selection and nearly every helmet with a visor has a tinted visor. I asked about getting replacement for my 3/4 helmet and was told that the clear visor was out of stock and it was unknown when it would be in stock.

Apparently there is another helmet shop in 3rd road... just where along that road it is I can't determine.

The fact that so many tinted visors are sold in Pattaya out in the open may mean that this is one traffic law they local police aren't enforcing... yet.

i am surprised they are outta stock. There wasn't a clear one on a helmet you could've swapped over with a tinted one from stock? Maybe try Kawasaki, i did see a box of visors kicking around a few months back, but not sure what brands and if clear or not.

What brand helmet is it? Real has a couple of tints (not sure of the exact terminology), a smoked tint, a full mirror tint and a light mirror tint. I reckon you might get away with the light mirror tint at a pinch, if it ever becomes an issue, but obviously under the law it is still illegal. Not sure if the same tints apply to the 3/4 helmet.

There is a place not far from DukCom but i don't think they stock much; if you go up South Rd towards Sukhumvit, past DukCom (on your right) about 500 metres on the left.

3rd road there are a couple of accessory shops but never seen a large stock of helmets; if you go down 3rd Rd from South road, about 500 meters before you hit Central Rd on the right there are a couple of shops.

The Mityon on the corner of South and 3rd stock helmets but not sure of the visors.

post-70604-0-26526600-1337671855_thumb.j

Edited by taichiplanet

My visit to the shop was a bit chaotic as a I had a Thai girl with me at the time. I'd start to speak to the sales guy in English and she would jump in in Thai and the two would yack yack back and forth then she would turn to me and say "they no have, we go". I'd say "wait" and try to find out exactly what the situation was and she would jump in and I'd only be left with the conclusion and not the facts on which the conclusion was based.

In the end the salesman seemed adamant that they were out of stock on the clear visors for my helmet (a 3/4 helmet labelled Teenage). I looked around a bit (fending off the "we go now" comments) and could only

see half helmets with clear visors and only a few of them.

So my quest will continue but solo from now on. I spotted a few motorbike shops on 3rd road but they seemed to sell just bikes and not helmets.

My visit to the shop was a bit chaotic as a I had a Thai girl with me at the time. I'd start to speak to the sales guy in English and she would jump in in Thai and the two would yack yack back and forth then she would turn to me and say "they no have, we go". I'd say "wait" and try to find out exactly what the situation was and she would jump in and I'd only be left with the conclusion and not the facts on which the conclusion was based.

In the end the salesman seemed adamant that they were out of stock on the clear visors for my helmet (a 3/4 helmet labelled Teenage). I looked around a bit (fending off the "we go now" comments) and could only

see half helmets with clear visors and only a few of them.

So my quest will continue but solo from now on. I spotted a few motorbike shops on 3rd road but they seemed to sell just bikes and not helmets.

LOL - let me finish the quote - "we go now, I want to be paid soon so I can leave and go back to bar." LOL

this is the best shop i ever seen!!! i wish we had one like it in bkk........enjoy

Address:

420/18 Soi BuaKhow, M9

Nongprue, Banglamung

Chonburi, 20260

Pattaya, Thailand

English: +668 9933 8896

Thai: +668 6335 8009

Internet:

http://www.maithaicomplex.com

Email:

[email protected]

That shop seems to specialize in converting PCX's, they have a load of them outside, have you seen all the seats hanging outside, all for PCX. Yes they also have many other things as well.

this is the best shop i ever seen!!! i wish we had one like it in bkk........enjoy

Address:

420/18 Soi BuaKhow, M9

Nongprue, Banglamung

Chonburi, 20260

Pattaya, Thailand

I managed to find the place despite the directions on their web site. Why create a web site and then make it hard for customers to find you? I think the location is better described as

" on Soi Buakhow, 1 block south of Soi Diana"

Anyway it was really a great shop. Lots of motorbikes being worked on. They only way into the shop was to squeeze by a fellow working on a bike and through his work area.

While I didn't get a replacement clear visor I did buy a new helmet just like mine but with a clear visor (780 baht). I like the clear visor already as I feel I can use it more often and especially

when behind something belching some dark fumes.

I mentioned to a lady working there that riding with a tinted visor was illegal. She said that riding with a tinted visor was legal but selling helmets with tinted visors was not legal (meanwhile I scan the room

to see nearly every helmet for sale with a tinted visor). I just love Thailand.

Address:

420/18 Soi BuaKhow, M9

Nongprue, Banglamung

Chonburi, 20260

Pattaya, Thailand

English: +668 9933 8896

Thai: +668 6335 8009

Internet:

http://www.maithaicomplex.com

Email:

[email protected]

That shop seems to specialize in converting PCX's, they have a load of them outside, have you seen all the seats hanging outside, all for PCX. Yes they also have many other things as well.

yes they have many pcx cause it's popular but the owner showed me a modified carbon cbr 250 and his own nouvo 125 so they can do anything to every bike...

If you think, this is the best one, you have definitely never visited panomracing on Praeksa road, BKK.

This shop is the "hub of mocy-parts shops" wink.png

Edited by vel_tins

If you think, this is the best one, you have definitely never visited panomracing on Praeksa road, BKK.

Where's that exactly?

you are correct....thnx a lot for the info i'll check them out asap

Address:

420/18 Soi BuaKhow, M9

Nongprue, Banglamung

Chonburi, 20260

Pattaya, Thailand

I managed to find the place despite the directions on their web site. Why create a web site and then make it hard for customers to find you? I think the location is better described as

" on Soi Buakhow, 1 block south of Soi Diana"

Anyway it was really a great shop. Lots of motorbikes being worked on. They only way into the shop was to squeeze by a fellow working on a bike and through his work area.

While I didn't get a replacement clear visor I did buy a new helmet just like mine but with a clear visor (780 baht). I like the clear visor already as I feel I can use it more often and especially

when behind something belching some dark fumes.

I mentioned to a lady working there that riding with a tinted visor was illegal. She said that riding with a tinted visor was legal but selling helmets with tinted visors was not legal (meanwhile I scan the room

to see nearly every helmet for sale with a tinted visor). I just love Thailand.

I purchased a new Honda on Saturday and got a free helmet from the main dealer and thats tinted, seems another grey or shall we say tinted area.