Were You Burglarized At Home? What Is The Solution?

radiola

For me so far the best thing to prevent the Kamoy is good neihbors we all look out for each other where I rent / live....

so far so good...

one occasion house accross the road broken into thief was tracked down and items returned

by watchful neihbor not the police..

i do have a small dog that has an amazing sense forsensesing wandering somchai's as he always barks at unknown thai fellows that walk by the house ...better than an alarm system...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the lesson is, buy the alarm and you are safe, only if the burglar is old and have a hearing aid, that could be a problem, but in that case the 80 yo security guy will probably come in 1 hour from 100 meters away, yes he is very old

Security cameras are good but they normally wear coveralls balaclavas and sunglasses.

They normally cut power to the house first!

Dogs have stomachs and will befriend anyone or be poisoned.

If someone comes up with a solution let me know

Getting burgled is a way of life on Samui. I was burgled last week. They are not concerned whether you are in the house or out.

Over 70% of everyone i know on Samui have been burgled. I also don't know of anyone that had a positive outcome.

Life in paradise!!whistling.gif

It doesn't sound like you have much worth stealing in your house.

If it is just the work on your laptop you are worried about, just back it up daily onto google docs or a memory stick you can keep in your pocket.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Burglarized? What a strange word. The Americans murdering the English language again instead of using the correct term....burgled!!!!

The Brits are not language experts! Don't take my word for it, ask any Frenchman.

Edited by TongueThaied

We used to have a lot of break-ins in my moo-baan (luckily not my house(s)) and everybody was convinced that the workers building the houses was doing it. They were moved to a location outside the village and it stopped. Since then no more burglars roaming about.

I have lived in 2 houses in the moo baan, the first had sensors all over the place and we sometimes set the system off if we forgot to switch it off when going down stairs.

Our current house have stainless steel bars on all windows & sliding doors (inside) because my wife feels safer that way, I am only here 6 month a year (work overseas). I would like to mount motion sensors down stairs, but my old mother in-law are sleeping there so not possible for the time being.

Getting burgled is a way of life on Samui. I was burgled last week. They are not concerned whether you are in the house or out.

Over 70% of everyone i know on Samui have been burgled. I also don't know of anyone that had a positive outcome.

What do you mean by positive outcome? Does a robber break in and leave something for you which you didn't have before?

• Like 1

What do you mean by positive outcome? Does a robber break in and leave something for you which you didn't have before?

That would be the burglars being caught and therefore not being able to commit more offences.

Apologies to you and any others whose first language is not english

I rent a condo now and the old guy who owns it showed me gun shot in his neck, he was shot like 10 years ago, so he said, he will never buy a house again, he had a house near khao noi soi, not sure where but on dark side

Edited by radiola

I rent a condo now and the old guy who owns it showed me gun shot in his neck, he was shot like 10 years ago, so he said, he will never buy a house again, he had a house near khao noi soi, not sure where but on dark side

Check the security of the village you are interested in, is it huge and difficult to guard? My village have app 100 houses which I find perfect, no too small and not too big, 4 guards at night, two at each gate so 1 or 2 can patrol the village now and again. Try to get a house in the "middle" so you don't have any parameter wall on your land.

The more people living in your house the lesser change for a break in, some of the houses here have maybe 10 people living in them, a burglar is in for a big surprise if he attempt one of them (baseball bat treatment).

Sure a condo will be more safe, only one door, windows/balcony hard to access the higher floor you are on.

Having a family here; a condo is not an option for me, I can't afford a +200 M2 condo. We also have one car & 2 motorbikes in the house hold. Check bike forum, one posters friend got his brand new Honda PCX nicked parked at the condo parking lot, not very likely to happen in a village (we never bother locking the bikes at night here).

I sleep very good at night by the way.

Check the security of the village you are interested in, is it huge and difficult to guard? My village have app 100 houses which I find perfect, no too small and not too big, 4 guards at night, two at each gate so 1 or 2 can patrol the village now and again. Try to get a house in the "middle" so you don't have any parameter wall on your land.

The more people living in your house the lesser change for a break in, some of the houses here have maybe 10 people living in them, a burglar is in for a big surprise if he attempt one of them (baseball bat treatment).

Sure a condo will be more safe, only one door, windows/balcony hard to access the higher floor you are on.

Having a family here; a condo is not an option for me, I can't afford a +200 M2 condo. We also have one car & 2 motorbikes in the house hold. Check bike forum, one posters friend got his brand new Honda PCX nicked parked at the condo parking lot, not very likely to happen in a village (we never bother locking the bikes at night here).

I sleep very good at night by the way.

the security is really bad, o see only one guy and the village has two exits.. The guy is like 80 yo.

Radiola, have you actually bought this place yet? You hooed and haa-ed about it for a while, now it seems you are having second thoughts. As for the guy who was shot on the darkside, it really was dark 10 years ago. What village are you in, people can give you a better idea if they know what part of town you live in. The darkside is HUGE and not all areas are the same

If you don't want to be burgled then do an audit of your property and think like a thief. If you can't do that then hire a good thief as an consultant and act on his recomendations , plus add a few extra precautions so he can't come back and make double income by burgling yr house after leaving a few openings in his recomedations.

Something like the best computer security consulants are the hackers themselves.

wow the post of the month, let me put an add here thiefs wanted, jeezzzz

Sorry Son, it seems it has gone straight over your head what i mean.

Peace Bro biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

There is a small compound of four houses next door to me surrounded by a high wall, on top of this wall are three bare metal wires running the length of it with a sign below warning of the danger of electrocution in thai & english, I have no idea if the wires are live or not, and while I quite like the idea of it as a security measure, surely there must be some legal implications ?

There is a small compound of four houses next door to me surrounded by a high wall, on top of this wall are three bare metal wires running the length of it with a sign below warning of the danger of electrocution in thai & english, I have no idea if the wires are live or not, and while I quite like the idea of it as a security measure, surely there must be some legal implications ?

Depends on the voltage. If it is lethal then yes, there will be some issues with cooking off would be thieves.

well just today i found out that the village people dont want to pay for security any more, so there will be no more security in that village.

Not good at all. So I am skipping buying a house in that village.

well just today i found out that the village people dont want to pay for security any more, so there will be no more security in that village.

Not good at all. So I am skipping buying a house in that village.

peace, perfect peace. Until his next bunch of frenetics

• Like 1

I do not live in a Village with security. I have lived Central Pattaya in the same house for 10 Years, I have never been burgled. I have security bars on all windows and doors, Good locks on Doors and outer Gate, a loud barking dog in my front garden, he barks when a mosquito flies past. I did have an alarm system fitted a few years back which was brought over from the UK, but it does not work anymore, but still have the alarm box on view on the side of my house. When i go out, I always put the padlock on my gate on the inside, so it looks like i am in and have locked it from the inside, if you put the padlock on the outside, its obvious you are not at home.

If I was worried about burglers so much, I think I would also leave my Television on when i went out, but there is no need for me to do that. Good luck.

I do not live in a Village with security. I have lived Central Pattaya in the same house for 10 Years, I have never been burgled. I have security bars on all windows and doors, Good locks on Doors and outer Gate, a loud barking dog in my front garden, he barks when a mosquito flies past. I did have an alarm system fitted a few years back which was brought over from the UK, but it does not work anymore, but still have the alarm box on view on the side of my house. When i go out, I always put the padlock on my gate on the inside, so it looks like i am in and have locked it from the inside, if you put the padlock on the outside, its obvious you are not at home.

If I was worried about burglers so much, I think I would also leave my Television on when i went out, but there is no need for me to do that. Good luck.

Must be wonderful being your neighbour

Must be wonderful being your neighbour

Oh yes, they all love me to bits, as i have been here the longest, i watch out for things and let them all know if there are any problems :)

This is my security system: Wife with attitude, Remington 870 Express, game bred bull terrier = 7 Years and not a single worry...... wink.png

P8200018-1.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.

Edited by Pikey
  • Like 1

This is my security system: Wife with attitude, Remington 870 Express, game bred bull terrier = 7 Years and not a single worry...... wink.png

P8200018-1.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.

I also want such a security system..............you can keep the dog and the gun.
  • Like 1

Remember if it does bite a kid you will only lose half ur half ,you wont be Owning so that is not your responsiblity only ur lawyer /female partner.what does 7yrs thing quote mean?

Edited by greg71