The German Bear Is Coming To Town

llBamBamll

Yeah, it´s true. I am coming to Bangkok. It is not a big happening as when Lady Gaga comes or any Rock Band - but hey, I can party like a Rock Star as well, but not sing as Lady gaga. Then again, my Karaoke skills are famous, but I don´t remember - as I am usually drunk when I am singing.

Am I drinking a lot? Sure no, as where I come from (Flensburg, Germany) our clubs are like quite small rooms with a lot of shy/stuck up people, who rather keep to themselves while partying.

So who am I? Why am I calling myself Bear?

"He is weird" may be the first thing that comes to mind when you read my post. For me live is about having fun and doing things while I am still capable of it, that is personally and professionally.

My name is Bjørn, which translated from Norwegian and Danish means Bear. I am 29 and an adventurer. I live to travel and to get to know new cultures and people.

Germany became quite boring to me, and so did Denmark. I just recently graduated my double degree in International Sales and Marketing Management, and am now searching for a job - out there. I am going to Bangkok to find myself a job as I feel and read, that there still is a lot of place for improvement in the world of Marketing, Sales and especially Business Development. Just the right place where my innovative ideas can find a place to thrive and party.

I have been born and raised in Germany, lived there for 12 years, then moved to Denmark, where I lived for 17 years, to now be back in good old Germany prior to my upcoming travel to Bangkok.

So, what is the purpose of this post?

It is not meant as the "look at me" post it may look like, but as I realized how few (1) friend I have in Bangkok, it would be so much more fun to meet new people while there. You don´t have to be a farang, but if you speak English it is always a plus, to avoid google-translate-conversations.

I would like to meet people from all over the world. Of course also listen to your stories about how Bangkok is treating you, what to avoid and what to enjoy while there.

My goal is to end up with a job after the 30 days in Bangkok. It is an ambitious, maybe a bit naive goal, but it is however my passion to go to Bangkok for work. Am I different than many other foreigners who seek their luck and new life in Bangkok? Maybe not. But I am sure not going there for the sun, the sex or the cheap living.

I am coming to enhance my professional experience internationally, and if that ends up with a permanent job, and I stay there and get old there - hey, why not?

So, boys and girls, feel free to throw a message at me (keep the tourches in the room) here on Thaivisa. My Inbox is hungry. :)

(It is also hungry for job-offers, or networking opportunities, so don´t be shy)

By the way. I am staying there from June 1st to July 1st and will stay in several areas during my stay.

Best wishes and with the hope to see you in Bangkok soon,

Bjørn Kristensen

Recently graduated and looking for a job in a new country within 30 days.

Good luck you need lots of it.

Yep, that´s the situation. Is that taking any of my motivation? No. Do I travel to Bangkok totally unprepared? No. Do I have job-interviews there, when I arrive? Yes. So, sure. I might need luck, but what is even more important is to have hope, patience and trust in my choice.

Not taking a risk would not even get me a job here in good old Germany, or Denmark as the grass is not greener here either.

I think that my chances are even both places (low), so why not try to find myself a job on a market that is interesting for me and then take it from there.

If I find no job within 30 days then I try somewhere else. If I am not open to anything and just doubt everything before I try, then I might never find out what possibilities there are out there. I bet Columbus never thought: "Oh, the priests are probably right. I should just accept what they say is true and forget about what I believe in myself". He took a risk and had succees. Yet I might not discover new lands or become famous like him, but at least I may discover new experiences for me that I would not have gotten in front of my computer screen here - and become happy and achieve a fulfilling job and life.

Welcome to Thailand, I hope you enjoy your stay. Good luck getting a job. smile.png

Thank you. I sure think that my stay will be wonderful and full of experiences. :) I hope that I in the end will find a good job in Bangkok. I mean, real jobs - not like many of those I already got offered. Some of them are okay, but will be a bit risky regarding salary, as there would be no base salary (only commission based). I have to rely on the job-interviews I have when I arrive and others that may come up during my stay. :)

Recently graduated and looking for a job in a new country within 30 days.

Good luck you need lots of it.

Yep, that´s the situation. Is that taking any of my motivation? No. Do I travel to Bangkok totally unprepared? No. Do I have job-interviews there, when I arrive? Yes. So, sure. I might need luck, but what is even more important is to have hope, patience and trust in my choice.

Not taking a risk would not even get me a job here in good old Germany, or Denmark as the grass is not greener here either.

I think that my chances are even both places (low), so why not try to find myself a job on a market that is interesting for me and then take it from there.

If I find no job within 30 days then I try somewhere else. If I am not open to anything and just doubt everything before I try, then I might never find out what possibilities there are out there. I bet Columbus never thought: "Oh, the priests are probably right. I should just accept what they say is true and forget about what I believe in myself". He took a risk and had succees. Yet I might not discover new lands or become famous like him, but at least I may discover new experiences for me that I would not have gotten in front of my computer screen here - and become happy and achieve a fulfilling job and life.

Hey! Like yr attitude!

You do need luck; and it sounds you are ready and able to see it and take whatever opens up.

So I add my good luck wishes – if I had any contacts or ideas I would give them!!

Only make sure you stay out of trouble – a foreigner here can easily put one foot wrong and be in deep deep trouble.

Good luck on finding a job in those 30 days. It will be hard knowing that the processes of screening candidates is everywhere the same ( maybe harder and longer in Thailand ), but you never know.

Welcome to Thailand :)