New Honda Crf 250 L - My Thoughts....

Me 52 - Biking since 16 had over 100 bikes, living in Pattaya 3 years .....

Went into Mityion in South Pattaya Road today to get my scooter serviced.......

Took the opportunity to have a good look round the new CRF 250 L which i was considering to replace my 12 month old PCX.........

A few years ago i had a Honda 400 NSX Falcon - which was prob the best "all round" bike i've ever had - a delight on the road and tough enough for some minor off road riding....

i some how thought the CRF was going to be a 250 version of the Falcon, which would make it ideal for the busy pattaya traffic.

post-101259-0-68047900-1337863681_thumb.

How wrong i was - Its more off road than on road (IMHO) - Seat as hard as a rock, with a tiny pillion seat, proper enduro tyres - in fact it reminded me of the Kawasaki KDX 220 that i owned umteen years ago.

post-101259-0-60618700-1337864039_thumb.

But the problem with the KDX for me was it was great off the road, but pretty darn horrible on the road - hence why the NSX Falcon i had several bikes later was such a breath of fresh air....

So my conclusion - for day to day driving round pattaya, bit of shopping here and there, taking my missus on the back and some "days out", the CRF 250 L would be a complete non starter for me.....

If i lived out in the country, where most of my driving was off the road, drove mostly on my own, wasn't bothered about a numb bum - then then i might consider one...

• Like 1