Im looking to purchase mass quantities of sugar and have been looking to see if Thailand can fulfill this. Does anyone here have any contacts with a sugar distributor or broker?

Thailand is a major exporter of sugar and there are many companies dealing with this commodity here. Not sure what specific sugar product you are looking for as there are different grades of sugar, the most common being refined white sugar. Also, when you say "mass quantities", this is quite vague. Are you talking a few bulk bags, a few metric tons, or a few panamax vessels full? Most people in the industry who make an introduction on your behalf are going to require an NCNDA be signed along with a profit share agreement per metric ton of product supplied for their commission. Most large direct suppliers will not entertain a one off sale, they are looking for long-term off take contracts. ie-10,000 MT per month for a 12 month contract. In this scenario the seller generally pins the selling price to a mutually agreed to commodity index and offers a set percentage discount for the length of the contract. Example you pin the selling price to the current LIFFE index -10% discount for long-term off take with a rider that states; if the index price varies more than 2% up or down from the initial selling price of $XX (-10%) over the length of the contract, the selling price will be adjusted to reflect this market change."

If you are just looking for a few hundred bags and are not prepared to engage in a scenario as stated above, you can often find Thai sugar available on Alibaba, buyer beware....you need to preform proper DD on the source and get samples to analyze as this is a haven for shysters. You can also try a brokerage firm, there are several in Thailand, most handle at least rice and sugar. You will pay a premium through a broker, but with have a much higher level of confidence compared to a unknown on Alibaba. I am not going to post names here, as I only buy direct on long-term basis, and I have no personal endorsement of these brokers. However, do a quick Google search and you will have many names.

Edited by KHR1010

.POLARITY AT @ 20 DEGREE CENTS: 99.80 MIN

SULPHATE & ASH CONTENT: 0.04% MAX

MOISTURE: 0.04% MAX

SOLUBILITY: 100% DRY & FREE FLOWING

GRANULATION: FINE

ICUMSA: 45 RBU

COLOUR: CRYSTAL WHITE

SO2: 20 PPM

RADIATIONS: NORMAL-CERTIFIED

YEAR: LATEST

SEDIMENTS: NONE

SMELL: FREE FROM ANY SMELL

SUBSTANCE: SOLID CRYSTAL

TOLERANCE: 5% (+/-)

MAGNETIC PARTICLES: 4mg max

Max. AS: 1 ppm

Max. BS: 3 ppm

Max. CU: 3 ppm

HPN STAPH AUROUS: NIL

CROPS: LATEST\

These are my requirement as far as quality and as long as the company can come fairly close to these specs thats fine. Quantity I'm looking for 15-50k metric tons per month for 1 year.

Edited by glbv