Dash Cam For Thai Roads

I'm really interested in these, but if they plug into the lighter socket, does anyone have a solution as to how I can also have my GPS running at the same time?

In every shopping center you can buy a 12 Volt distriibutor with 2 or 3 sockets. Cost arroud 300 Baht

Great YouTube review here:

Good review!! A couple of things worth mentioning, the units on sale in Tutkom would seem to be a later model than the one reviewed here and have a different body.

The on/off function now works well and switches on when you turn on the engine and switches off when you turn it off.

The mount is different and does not screw into the body but it now has a movable lens to compensate for any up and down angle adjustment in the mount.

• 2 weeks later...

See youtube channel by "techmoan". He has extensively trialled a number of gadgets & gives an honest opinion on each of them.

Yes his site is good. I was thinking of getting one myself. You may need to spend a bit of time looking for what you want though. I keep getting sidetracked. Here's his website.

http://www.techmoan.com/

I hope it's OK posting that link.

I have now used my dash cam for a couple of days and it works fine (sort of). It got a "suction cup" so you just places the cam/mount on the windshield where it suits you best.

This 990 bath cam (No brand- HD DVR?) + 600 bath for 16GB sd card is pretty good for the money, the date is on the screen and it also records sound. It can only record 3/5/10 & 15 min loops so I set it to 15min which should be enough (starts/stops automatically when car starts/stops). The setting up of the camera is a bit tricky and takes some time, but I hooked it up to my pc with the incl usb cable so I managed to get out of Russian and into English language.

That been said the cam will only have very limited use/effect if the shit hits the fan, if you are involved in an accident if better happen out in the very front of the car or the cam won't record it, there is not enough wide angle on it, so if anything happening "around the corner" its not recorded?? If I had a Bentley it would be fine with the long bonnet but okay will change my trusted City with a pick up truck next year (the Bentley must wait) and then see if the angle is correct.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like this http://www.spytechs....al-view-cam.htm or something close to it. I really don't need GPS, I already have that. Would rather spend the money on the quality of the cam itself rather than GPS.

I'll be in Hong Kong next month, and will buy something. I would like to have a few brands in mind to make the picking a little easier.

Anyone with a recent purchase and rerview would be great.

OH, GREAT. this is my 666 post. That can't be good.laugh.png

Edited by Shot

The link in post 37 does both at the same time. Although, it's a wide interior view capturing some side and back, versus a full out the back view.

I gather it would get some interior with just a view out the back window....if it also gets any side angle, thats a bonus I guess.

As I mentioned before...interior view for me would be a plus to spot the kids fighting and who is causing it beyond doubt.

• 1 year later...

I have now used my dash cam for a couple of days and it works fine (sort of). It got a "suction cup" so you just places the cam/mount on the windshield where it suits you best.

This 990 bath cam (No brand- HD DVR?) + 600 bath for 16GB sd card is pretty good for the money, the date is on the screen and it also records sound. It can only record 3/5/10 & 15 min loops so I set it to 15min which should be enough (starts/stops automatically when car starts/stops). The setting up of the camera is a bit tricky and takes some time, but I hooked it up to my pc with the incl usb cable so I managed to get out of Russian and into English language.

That been said the cam will only have very limited use/effect if the shit hits the fan, if you are involved in an accident if better happen out in the very front of the car or the cam won't record it, there is not enough wide angle on it, so if anything happening "around the corner" its not recorded?? If I had a Bentley it would be fine with the long bonnet but okay will change my trusted City with a pick up truck next year (the Bentley must wait) and then see if the angle is correct.

Are you still happy with this dashcam ?

Thanks.

Are you still happy with this dashcam ?

Try this one F900lhd it was from the e-bay 1500bt working great.delivered in about a week from china.

Thanks.

I purchased a Dash Cam via bay a few months back after considering several reviews -- mainly they helped me in identifying the features I needed most in a cam. There is a dizzying array available.

Here is the most helpful review I found --- and yes ... I did purchase the unit under review: DR 32 .... Very happy!

I bought mine in China for 900 baht which included a 32gb card. Works for me though I have had no need for it so far

I'm sorry but you can't buy just 32 gb sd card for 900 baht, and you are saying you bought a car dvr + 32 gb card? I'm 100% sure your 32gb card is fake. Yes, they can fake capacity of cards and usb flash drives. For $30 minus sd card price, I'd say you got some cheap dvr with bad image quality.

Mine is about $55 usd and a cheap papago p1w clone, but it works good. I plan to upgrade to a better one with higher bitrate for perfect Image quality.

The cheapest dashcam that I have found in Thailand:

http://www.lazada.co.th/Triple3shop-5MP-Mini-HD-Car-Video-Recorder-95234.html

It must be <deleted> but after reading reviews saying that even $100 dashcam are <deleted> working sometimes and sometimes not I think that if it's about buying <deleted> better buy it cheap :-)

If you want to buy a car dvr, buy from chinese retailers like geekbuying.com and pandawill.com

They ship to Thailand for free with tracking number and they have lots of options.

And how long does it take .. I have been told 30 days or more.. is that correct?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

If you want to buy a car dvr, buy from chinese retailers like geekbuying.com and pandawill.com

They ship to Thailand for free with tracking number and they have lots of options.

And how long does it take .. I have been told 30 days or more.. is that correct?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Singaporepost delivers to Thailand in 8 days. Pandawill asks extra for singaporepost but geekbuying sends with singaporepost by default.