The Ants And The Scorpion.

thaibeachlovers

For a start, not all dangerous animals will "run away" given the chance. Couple nights ago, I stepped outside to lock the gate and a large ( about half the length of my hand ) black scorpion advanced on me from about 3 meters away. Needless to say, with a broom handy, it is no longer "advancing" anywhere.

However, to the point of the tale, last evening I saw that the red ants that live in the tree outside the wall had discovered it, and were in the process of carrying the entire, whole scorpion up the steel fence to their nest. To say that it was amazing that they could do that was an understatement! I'd have thought that they'd have had to dismember it first, before carrying it off, but they were united to lift it complete. Whenever they came to an obstruction, they had to take a few attempts to manouver it, but the last I saw as it got dark, was that they had got it onto the tree branch and had reversed it so the tail was first, and were making a rate of about a cm a minute. They had lifted it about a meter, and had a good meter and a half to go to the nest when I went in. There must have been at least a hundred ants involved, all knowing exactly what to do.

Genetics are amazing!

Note to self: don't poke around under things outside with my bare hands!

yep, they are our very own built-in hoover for the house. they clear away anything. if its too big, they will slice and dice it and take it then. amazing for creatures this size. however,once they got to that final metre, you should have put the scorpion back where it was just to mess with their heads. tongue.png

Got red ants in the trees near our rented home, my wife likes to put our orchids under the trees every day, any insect that comes anywhere near the trees is set upon in short time, any other ants are immediately pinned, one red ant on each leg before others move in for the execution. At times when we go out to bring the orchids in the ants will charge enmass from upto a meter away, the more my wife kills the more come, she eventually gives up for a half hour or, once the ants have calmed down we go out and collect the remaining orchids, the red ants are very good at team work.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App