Ji-net Dial-up Non Stop One Year Package

Ron

:o I signed up for Ji-net one year dial-up and for three weeks it worked okay, but now it's increasingly difficult to log-in and stay online for more than 20 minutes. I used their temporary speed up packages with success before, so I sign up for one year. Now I am getting the messages that remote computer does not respond in a timely manner and the connection is terminated, or it says my ID and password are not valid. I telephoned them at the call center and they said the fault was with my modem, so I changed modems but still have the same problems, so I lowered the modem speed very low and turned off the XP Pro firewall and it works somewhat better, but breaks after 5-20 minutes. I changed back to my inbuilt modem and the speed is better but the same problems develops. Is it the fault of my aging 600 E ThinkPad IBM or the server? Can any of the great falang surfer help me out with this? I live in remote Sa Kaeo Province and have the TT&T landline.

If you're out in the sticks, how good is your landline?

A simple test. Pick up the phone, dial 0 (to stop the dial tone), listen... any crackles, hiss, pops etc need to be sorted before dial-up will work reliably.

Check where your line enters the building, all sorts of interesting connection methods are used here. Re-make any screw connections you can see, or get the phone man in.

I am afraid the answer to your question is never sign up to anything for a long period of time because everything changes and something that may be OK today will go pear shaped tomorrow, often because it actually works and everyone else starts using itand it cannot cope. Or as in the case of Maxnet home broadband you are sucked in on a great deal then the badwidth is cut and you're back to dial up for twice the money, basically a straight con.

I got caught same as you fortunately I only moved from JI-net 15 days to 30 days, but on first card troubles started, unuseable. I no longer use Ji-net though it was OK for me for a year previously.