Thai Police Arrest Nigerian Facebook Cheat

webfact

What is interesting is that a story of a women being conned by a foreigner has turned into a debate about Thai women scamming foreigners. Are there men on this forum that really have such low self esteem and/or hatred towards women?

You really are an odd bird.

• Like 2

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont trust anyone or anything from African countries .least of all Nigeria.From people to services( and emails ) not a shread of honesty

Sent from my LG-P350 using Thaivisa Connect App

An who shall we TRUST? YOU Westerners??? the evil you people do in our country and the world at large is 90% greater than what Africans does. keep deceiving yourself thinking your Clean and trustworthy

really , all the african leaders and governments who define corruption and selfishness to new heights while the people whom they claim to represent are impoverished beyond belief, Nothing to do with "westerners" there. The list of these African governments is as long as an arm do we really need to list them all?

Interesting stuff. I try to get my head around it. The article mentioned that "They became lovers", but the picture was that of a white man and the Nigerian was a bit less white.

Like "yo bee"...That's the scam...Unsuspecting hits are sent photos of all kinds...Just to get you to bite the hook...I investigated "419 scams" coming out of Nigeria for two years...You have no idea the lengths these creeps will go. Between the "romance scams" and "green card" scams, it's like shooting fish in a barrel...Believe me...I know of which I speak...

The suspect claimed he wished to bring in a Bt3million dowry but could not afford the fee of Bt321,560, so he asked her to help. The victim wired him Bt74,560 but Henry said he needed more. That made her suspicious and she turned to the police.

I wonder where she got the 74,560 Baht to send to the Nigerian guy. Most likely one of the other farang she was scamming woke up to an urgent phone call about a sick buffalo

OMG...! I am hoping that you MIGHT realize that not ALL Thai women are poor...! Christ...My wife could buy AND sell most of you on this web site...and she is a professor of physics at a university...Pretty ignorant comment you make...!

What is interesting is that a story of a women being conned by a foreigner has turned into a debate about Thai women scamming foreigners. Are there men on this forum that really have such low self esteem and/or hatred towards women?

I know. Sounds like a bunch bitter beer faced hard ups. The hate or resentment toward Thai women makes it impossible to feel empathy for someone wronged and hurt.

Regarding bar girls, the guys are totally to blame if they leave their own country where they cannot get anything, but old fat chicks and throw money and shot talking toward young hot bar girls to impress them and get attention that cannot get back home. Perhaps the farang is to blame for creating this scenario.

• Like 1

Dont trust anyone or anything from African countries .least of all Nigeria.From people to services( and emails ) not a shread of honesty

An who shall we TRUST? YOU Westerners??? the evil you people do in our country and the world at large is 90% greater than what Africans does. keep deceiving yourself thinking your Clean and trustworthy

Yes, making broad derogatory comments about people from Africa is racist, but then so is smearing all Westerners. Seems to be a bit of prejudice in this professed antiracist, as well.

The suspect claimed he wished to bring in a Bt3million dowry but could not afford the fee of Bt321,560, so he asked her to help. The victim wired him Bt74,560 but Henry said he needed more. That made her suspicious and she turned to the police.

I wonder where she got the 74,560 Baht to send to the Nigerian guy. Most likely one of the other farang she was scamming woke up to an urgent phone call about a sick buffalo

OMG...! I am hoping that you MIGHT realize that not ALL Thai women are poor...! Christ...My wife could buy AND sell most of you on this web site...and she is a professor of physics at a university...Pretty ignorant comment you make...!

Watch your Ego mr.if your lucky to have a rich Thais wife stop boosting about her online,i never knew human beings an be sold to the extend that your wife can buy and sold some people here Lol

I know. Sounds like a bunch bitter beer faced hard ups. The hate or resentment toward Thai women makes it impossible to feel empathy for someone wronged and hurt.

Regarding bar girls, the guys are totally to blame if they leave their own country where they cannot get anything, but old fat chicks and throw money and shot talking toward young hot bar girls to impress them and get attention that cannot get back home. Perhaps the farang is to blame for creating this scenario.

They're not exactly marched to their home Airports at gunpoint and forcibly sent to Thailand are they ?

Sex tourists come to exploit the situation here because it seems cheap to them, they would probably like to partake in Japans huge sex industry too, but they can't afford the price they would have to pay, that's why planeloads of old washed up Farangs are landing daily at BKK airport and not Narita.

They come to exploit the situation, they cannot complain when they in turn are exploited, but of course, they do, its never their fault.

They're not exactly marched to their home Airports at gunpoint and forcibly sent to Thailand are they ?

Sex tourists come to exploit the situation here because it seems cheap to them, they would probably like to partake in Japans huge sex industry too, but they can't afford the price they would have to pay, that's why planeloads of old washed up Farangs are landing daily at BKK airport and not Narita.

They come to exploit the situation, they cannot complain when they in turn are exploited, but of course, they do, its never their fault.

Exactly. They find what they seek and then want to complain.

Haha, anti racist dude sounds bitter. Perhaps his girl left him for a decent farang. Like Russian dudes get pissed because all of their hotties, and I mean some smoking hot hotties, are leaving for US dudes. Well if they did get drunk and beat the heck out of them, they might nit being looking to get away.

Yes, making broad derogatory comments about people from Africa is racist, but then so is smearing all Westerners. Seems to be a bit of prejudice in this professed antiracist, as well.

It has been the way for years now, make a movie called 'White men can't jump' and apparently that is fine, it's just a trueism that offends no one, but try making a movie called 'Black men can't swim' and watch what happens.

MOWO Awards, anyone?

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 1

It has been the way for years now, make a movie called 'White men can't jump' and apparently that is fine, it's just a trueism that offends no one, but try making a movie called 'Black men can't swim' and watch what happens.

MOWO Awards, anyone?

Too funny. I like the way you think. Seriously though, white men cannot jump and black men cannot swim so what's the problem. How many black guys do you see surfing?

Watch your Ego mr.if your lucky to have a rich Thais wife stop boosting about her online,i never knew human beings an be sold to the extend that your wife can buy and sold some people here Lol

Well..."Mr." My "ego" has nothing to do with anything here...I expected a response such as yours...And due to your lack of ability to formulate a complete sentence using the English language, might I suggest you get back to your bar stool, grab another beer and dazzle the chick behind the counter. I will sing my wifes praises every chance I get and even put her name in lights should I so choose. Thank you..."Mr."

MOWO Awards, anyone?

Too funny. I like the way you think. Seriously though, white men cannot jump and black men cannot swim so what's the problem. How many black guys do you see surfing?

Not many cos it's not so easy to hang eleven. :rolleyes:

Another African arrested doing dodgy things. He'll soon make friends at Immigration Detention Center.

I couldn't help noticing the Abercrombie & Fitch Tee shirt on the trailing policeman. No doubt the real thing.

Of course it's real. Thailand just won an award for cracking down on counterfeiting clothes, etc. whistling.gif

Maybe there should be classes and a license required before allowing people access to the internet.

Agree, you can broaden that into the business sector as well...............thumbsup.gif

Interesting viewpoints as always! I wonder if the Thai lady involved would have reacted similarly if this guy was just a different Farang and not a Nigerian... in my experiences those of darker skin colour are not always treated equally to those of fairer complexion by Thais.

Actually that's putting it fairly mildly, in terms of negative reactions based purely on appearance/colour of skin Thailand has struck me as one of the most racist countries I've ever lived in.

Clearly she was being scammed but had said scammer turned out to be a white guy, albeit not matching the photo on his facebook page, would he have been arrested?

It might be financial rather than racial. Thailand has a blind spot for financial crimes committed by rich people, there is the hi-so thing where to be hi-so is so aspirational, and rich people are treated differently, it is possible that black Africans are considered generally poorer than white EU/US people and therefor are treated differently by the law and by some overly aspirational Thais who see hi-so's as gods.

I understand and agree with your point but I see considerable importance placed purely on skin colour - I have never seen so many skin bleaching products on sale or in use in any other country I've lived in, why?

I think this goes hand in hand with the points you've raised, with the perception being that the darker the skin the more manual labour that individual has been involved in (working the fields = exposure to sun = Lo-So), while the stereo-typical image of a Hi-So Thai is one of unnaturally pale complexion.

I believe that this notion that you can tell someone's financial status based purely on skin tone is inherently racist and prevalent in Thailand. I just wonder how far these views extend past Thais views of each other and onto other nationalities...

Must be why the whites in America spend so much time trying to darken their skin .. because we all know how well dark skinned folks have been treated there wink.png

Seriously, it is not a status thing, now a days it is almost always about perceived beauty. Not only from the media but the natural tendency for people to believe other people's features are more attractive be it dark skin vs pale, curly hair vs straight or having a big nose vs a small one.

Do you think that this concept also includes tattoos? The more that you have the more attractive to the opposite sex you become? whistling.gif

If men from all over the World come to Thailand for a two week ration of 'the other' to' last them through the year is called sex tourism, what label should we attach to the multitude of Thai women who go abroad and work, mostly illegally, in brothels and massage parlours? Is it not the case that Thailand is acknowledged to be the World's brothel and have been alarmingly successful in exporting the trade?

MOWO Awards, anyone?

I believe their deficiency in the field is a cultural hangover from the times when the only opportunity they had to get close to a pool was to clean it.

They make great javelin throwers though.

Edited by OzMick

If men from all over the World come to Thailand for a two week ration of 'the other' to' last them through the year is called sex tourism, what label should we attach to the multitude of Thai women who go abroad and work, mostly illegally, in brothels and massage parlours? Is it not the case that Thailand is acknowledged to be the World's brothel and have been alarmingly successful in exporting the trade?

Busman's holiday?

How about the Brit that organised his girlfriend a passport for a later trip. When they finally arrived in the UK, she was stopped because she had cut a page out of her new passport to conceal the fact that she had spent a month in Germany in the meantime. Doing what is open to speculation, but probably a busman's holiday.

• Like 1