Good Singapore Hotel For 5 Nights, 2 Adults, 2 X 8 Year Olds

fishhooks

Never cheap for good hotels, but often Singapore goes through stages where all hotels seem quite above what you would expect.

I think I can say this after travelling there for near on 40 years.

Anyway looking for something which may have fair sized rooms with say a queen double and single bed. 2 or 3 Star would be fine as most are clean but many have really small rooms such as the '81' variety. Around US$90 would be good!

Would be for a week next March, may seem a long way off but not uncommon to book way ahead for Singapore.

Mainly posting here if any of the regular members here travel with one or two kids at times.

Not Agoda please!

Edited by fishhooks

Try the 'Hotel Grand Central' just off Orchard Rd. Usual Orchard Road hotels cost an arm and a leg, but the Grand Central is a bit away from the 'glitter' part of Orchard, and getting a bit long in the tooth. It's behind the Concord Hotel (which is right ON Orchard Rd,) If you turn down Cavenaugh Rd and go 200m you can see it on the right. I used to get very, VERY good rates there but only when booking in advance over the Internet. Good luck!

Amigo - times are changing!You rise your limit to 200S$(90US$=100S$ about) or - stay in not so good hotels.

I advise you YMCA,1 Orchard Rd.,even if you take dorm there - it is very good value.(dorm - 4-6 pax,bath incl.aircon),swimming pool on the roof and location!The best in Singapore.There is a problem,however - book in advance,often full.There is another one on Stevens Rd. - same standard,but location not perfect.

Another hotel I suggest,which will not upset you - VIP Hotel,google for exact address,same area as Stevens Rd.

Good choice are 81 and Fragrance hotels on Joo Chiat Rd.(Opera,Sakura,JooChiat) - only on JooChiat,not other locations;they cost about 90US$ and they are very good.

You may try new hotel Grand Santa EastCoast around the corner; V Hotel which is sitting on MRT station Lavender is also new,my friends with family liked it.Both - 200S$.

Singapore has become more expensive than ever - was there in February this year and have to say it was more expensive than staying in London ! If you have 2 children to occupy you might want to check out rates on Sentosa Island but you will probably need to double your budget

Singapore hotels are ridiculously pricey. I too like Royal Plaza on Scotts, but that's closer to US$250 these days and that's at the low end of the price range.

I would say it's next to impossible to get a decent room - especially for 4 people - for 90 bucks without resorting to hostels.

Personally, I like the Royal Plaza on Scott's but a bit more than $90/night

Very good hotel. Better then the Marriott in my opinion and worth every $.

Far better than the Marriott

The $60/night upgrades are the best value in town....free booze and nibbles + your breakfast and if the suites are empty, you get a suite with your very own 10 seater conference table...w00t.gif , Nitendo Wi etc etc and lest not forget the free minibar which is stardard with every room

Been stating there for years on my frequent trips to Singapore

Singapore hotels are ridiculously pricey. I too like Royal Plaza on Scotts, but that's closer to US$250 these days and that's at the low end of the price range.

I would say it's next to impossible to get a decent room - especially for 4 people - for 90 bucks without resorting to hostels.

I went to Singapore in February and found it hard to get a decent hotel for under US$200 a night.

• 2 weeks later...

5km from the Singapore metro system. Fairly convenient for many and at least $100 a day cheaper even including transport. Each to his own but it is a viable option for many.

Immigration paperwork, border queues, customs inspections...............................

Hardly convenient.

Each time I have gone through I have allready filled out a simple form (malasia has even stopped this) taxi stops, driver hands passport to officer, she looks through her window stamps the passport smiles and says Thank you and on your way..all of 30 seconds...you must look suspicious if you go through all that all the time.

Each time I have gone through I have allready filled out a simple form (malasia has even stopped this) taxi stops, driver hands passport to officer, she looks through her window stamps the passport smiles and says Thank you and on your way..all of 30 seconds...you must look suspicious if you go through all that all the time.

I have to ask how many times you have done it? Also forgot to mention the sometimes 1 hour queues for the taxi to get through.

In the last three years only about 6 times. Each time no problem. Of course it was only a suggestion and what suits me does not seem to suit some but it may suit others. No skin off my nose if the OP wants to sleep in the park in singapore. Up[ to him.

Hi, I've seen somebody leave a link for, Lloyd Inn, Which is 5/10 minute walk from Orchard Road. Ive stayed There, and would recommend it. Convenient, Clean and tidy and very good friendly staff. It didn't have a downside for me. All the best, Keagan.

In the last three years only about 6 times. Each time no problem. Of course it was only a suggestion and what suits me does not seem to suit some but it may suit others. No skin off my nose if the OP wants to sleep in the park in singapore. Up[ to him.

Last year I was doing that trip every second or third day over a period of 3 weeks ....and some times ok at border sometimes not as "RabC" has said....if you are wanting to stay in Singapore...IMHO not worth the hassle everyday

Try wimdu.co.uk

I haven't used this company but it has been recommended. It's mainly homestays but also has apartments and some guesthouses. IMO ideal for cities where hotel rooms are very expensive, e.g. Singapore.

• Like 1