Late Nite Boom Box Cars On Jomtien Beach Rd.

LALes

This is getting to be a regular occurrence. On weekends, especially, you can count on one or two a-holes pulling up after

1 AM and blasting that crap. It can happen anytime between 12 and 5 AM and wake you right up. Calls to 1337 get a

response about half the time. I can't believe the local gendarmes at the Police Box can't patrol the beach when they are

RIGHT THERE!! Only repeated calls might see a response.

Is there any local representative for Jomtien who can be made aware of the situation? First, they put in these awful, Klieg lights

up and down the beach to cut down on crime, but then, they don't even stop the brazen idiots disturbing the peace.

Why should these clowns be allowed to blast music after bar closing hours?

If they're serious about upgrading the image of Pattaya, they need to tackle quality of life issues like this.

A couple of stiff fines might send a message. Be pretty lucrative for the local constables, too, and we all know what they like.

• Like 1

story we ran yesterday says the same was happening at bali hai. 100 police did a @raid@ and checked them all out..pee tests, vehicle docs etc. so maybe they will come up and scare your terrors next week

I suggest noise cancelling ear plugs.

Noise cancellation earphones work best on low frequency rumbling noises such as road traffic, train and bus noise etc. What you really need are some noise isolation earphones or ear buds to cut out all noise. Of course sleeping with ear buds plugged into your ears may or may not be a good idea. Also suugest you buy cheap earphones as the wires tend to fail easily when subject to stress and strain (as when you are tossing and turning in your sleep).

i myself have a 2500 baht pair of Sony noise isolation and cancelling ear bud type ear phones, but dare not use them in bed as I don't think the wires would survive long. They are great though for bus and train journeys.

SE Asians generally dont seem to be bothered about noise. In fact if anything they seem to like it, even to the extent of finding quiet places "spooky".

This ties in well with the "should I invest in real estate" thread.

Perhaps the only solution is to move, relocate to a location offering some peace and quiet. For example, I stayed in a hotel on Bang Saray beach recently, within 5 minutes of the thai's parking in front of the hotel and blasting their car stereo, the BiB were on the scene and chased them away! Peace and quiet equates to quality of life, something difficult to acquire in Pattaya/Jomtien!

Perhaps the only solution is to move, relocate to a location offering some peace and quiet. For example, I stayed in a hotel on Bang Saray beach recently, within 5 minutes of the thai's parking in front of the hotel and blasting their car stereo, the BiB were on the scene and chased them away! Peace and quiet equates to quality of life, something difficult to acquire in Pattaya/Jomtien!

Thus the invaluable nature of threads like these to warn off all the newbies who want to buy/rent/live in these areas. Hopefully, it affects the sales of new apartments so badly that finally something is done. Nothing like hurting the hip pocket before anyone takes notice.

In the meantime, perhaps the OP can check out sound insulation on bedroom windows?

That's what I originally said in the thread opener. The cops will be only too willing to do the job if there's some dough in it for them.

What I'd like to know is if there is actually any law on the books regarding noise after hours that they can be justified in enforcing with

fines. Any experts on Pattaya law here?

That's what I originally said in the thread opener. The cops will be only too willing to do the job if there's some dough in it for them.

What I'd like to know is if there is actually any law on the books regarding noise after hours that they can be justified in enforcing with

yes there are local laws,but I believe the fine is only 1,000 baht - anone know more detail?

yes there are local laws,but I believe the fine is only 1,000 baht - anone know more detail?

There are many laws here that are ignored by the police. Running red lights, illegal turns, parking, etc, etc, etc. Lots of ways for them to make money, but they're lazy and just go after the low hanging fruit. Scooters. Done while sitting under the shade of a large tree, or at night when it's cooler. Very sad.

There are many laws here that are ignored by the police. Running red lights, illegal turns, parking, etc, etc, etc. Lots of ways for them to make money, but they're lazy and just go after the low hanging fruit. Scooters. Done while sitting under the shade of a large tree, or at night when it's cooler. Very sad.

Yes I know, I live in Thaialnd, but am aware that some noise complaints have been actioned for karaoke bars etc, Guess it depends on who you know, but the fine is minimal and just start again the next night

Yes I know, I live in Thaialnd, but am aware that some noise complaints have been actioned for karaoke bars etc, Guess it depends on who you know, but the fine is minimal and just start again the next night

And sometimes the complaints backfire and they end up going after you! sad.png

True...

This is the Wild Wild West- you have to accept anything goes in a city where anything goes. No city ordinances are enforced (if there are any) . When one lives in Pattaya City you have to expect this.

Not much you can do about it.

True...

Thais don't complain. They know.