Malaysia - One Way Flight Booking

simple1

I am an Ausralian passport holder and wife can enter Malayia with Thai or Australian passport. I have booked a one way flight departing BKK to Penang as intending to travel thoughout Malaysia and possibly return via Singapore. Does anyone have direct experience if their will be any issue boarding at BKK or with Malayasia immigration clearance? Thanks...

I dont know whether this link is suitable for you Simple.

We are in Malaysia at the end of the year and were told a return ticket was necessary, so how tru this is I dont know.

http://www.worldtrav...a/passport-visa

Edited to add. we are both travelling on Australian passports.

Edited by edwinclapham

Yes I'am aware of the actual requirement. Personally when travelling I've never been asked to show a return ticket, but you never know... I guess I'll have to call the Malaysian Embassy to ascertain the visa process of arriving by air, departing via land crossing.

I have, on several occasions in recent months, flown to Malaysia with one way tickets and have never been asked. Canadian passport. My Korean GF had no issues either. From my experience, Malaysia has to be the fastest and easiest immigration in Asia. Typically the airline won't let you board a plane to a destination that requires a return ticket without one.

You could always just say "I'm flying in but will be taking the train back". I used this in S. Korea (Ferry to Japan) and they went for it. Although they did insist on seeing how much cash/credit cards I had on me first.

I have aussie pport, always fly to KUL with one-way ticket, when you arrive you will be asked 'how long would you like to stay, sir' - and even if you say one week you will be given 90 days.

Malay Immi. DOES NOT LIKE people entering with one pport and leaving on another, so better tell the better half. AA

• 2 weeks later...

You either have return tickets or "show money". But usually passport holders with the exception of these countries would not face any problem:

Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Afrikaans countries and depending on the mood of the officers, Thailand to some extend. They are "unofficially" deemed undesirable as a lot of them tend to overstay! Israel is definitely a no-no!

I may have missed a few countries, especially Europe's eastern bloc and that of former USSR states.

Mark

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App